Abdi & Jones

2 hours ago, paulrs said:

he’s not going to suddenly come back from two wretched seasons and become an established player. Tell me a single player that’s ever done that!? At any club.

Nuihu?

I think Jones is a decent player, maybe even a good player. He doesn't deserve the stick he gets on here. Having said that he must be on a big wage and we have other players who can do the same job so if we can off load him it could be in our best interests.

I'd love Abdi to come back and be the player he used to be. It's not going to happen now so we should let him go somewhere on loan for a year with the new club paying part of his wage. That's the best we can hope for in respect of FFP unless someone will actually pay a fee which is highly doubtful..

It does seem like Jos is saying to other clubs 'come and get them.'

Abdi has clearly had it . The issue will have been there at Watford and obviously got worse , as things tend to do. I’m pretty sure they thought whos the daftest club I’m the world who will take him and pay a large fee... step forward Carlos , chansiri and all those in between ... 

jones, another one who would have been good once (Boyd being another ) but a daft signing , again on a long deal .

I bet jos couldn’t believe the mess he walked into. Good to see he’s startimg to sort it out . Long may it continue 

31 minutes ago, Dot said:

Nuihu?

Ok I see where you're coming from but two big differences for me. 

1 - Nuhiu lost his place because we bought a bucket load of players that were supposedly better (Forestieri, Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Matias, Winnall & Joao). We've bought nobody in Abdi's position yet he still can't get in.

2 - Nuhiu was in his mid-20s when he was out of the team so arguably still had/has his best years to come. Abdi is what... 32?

Just can't see a player well into his 30s, having had virtually no first team football in 2 years even when fit, come back and be anything like the player we thought we were getting. Carlos saw fit not to play him half the time, and Jos has been the same up to now.

Oh, plus a friend of mine saw him a couple of weeks ago outside the Brocco hotel having a smoke. Nothing personal against the guy but it's not really the best way of trying to get your career back on track.

As for Jones, Jos seemed to rate him last season but so long as Hutch and Joey are fit Jones will be third choice for the holding midfield role and on his wages and at his age that's no good for either party.

Edited by paulrs

Abdi and fletcher are 2 key players to get off the books , both on big wages and offering not enough (especially abdi ) with Jones he’s generally fit and decent option for certain games however saying that if he was to go I wouldn’t be too disappointed 

Both came to us with a specific reputation and whilst you probably can't argue with that - neither has delivered what was suggested.

Both the wrong age, if we can ship them out we should - and that's barring any other considerations.

I wondered if Abdi could have been Sheridan for us again, well I got my answer.    I wondered if Jones could make it 3 times promoted to the top flight, I got my answer there too.

We need hunger and bite, not large wages just going through the motions.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Clear message to the pair, if you ask me. Lads, ring your agents. You ain't gettin a game. Time to get gone. 

We’ve had a few transfer disasters since the play off final. My beef would be it’s been a bit scatter gun.

But lots of transfers don’t work - nature of the beast. Needs a bit of luck with the blend, form and injuries and sometimes the players involved have to take blame as well.

Without having inside info it’s hard to point the blame at Chansiri and Carlos other than towards the policy of investing in older players and not moving one or two out. You can see the potential merit in each individual transfer. 

Complicated business.