Abdi & Jones

Interesting comments from Jos on both Abdi & Jones. Unless I'm reading between the lines far too much it looks as though neither feature in Jos' plans. Let's hope we can move them on to a new home. First pre-season friendly you would imagine two seasoned pros would be given minutes if fully fit and within the managers long-term plans.

I said last season we should just write Abdi off. Logic tells you that at his age he’s not going to suddenly come back from two wretched seasons and become an established player. Tell me a single player that’s ever done that!? At any club.

He was fit and playing reserve games at the end of last season but barely got a sniff of the first team. Clearly for some indeterminable reason he’s just not up to it and Jos would rather play the youngsters 

Under Carlos we stockpiled players because he didn't trust the youngsters. If needed, Jos would rather play Alex Hunt, Fraser Preston and Connor Kirby because they are the future of the club. Makes sense. However if we suffer the appalling number of injuries we did last season he might need some experience. Youngsters do better when they are surrounded by experience. I saw Reach and Hutch both giving advice to Alex Hunt in the first half last night. 

Abdi must’ve had a really major physical breakdown just after we got him, ‘cos I distinctly remember FF being delighted we’d landed him and even the Watford fans seemed far more gutted at Abdi leaving than Nando. It’s absolutely baffling.

I can’t help wondering if there’s even perhaps a chronic illness issue rather than an injury per se, it’s been that bad...in the rare pics I see of him these days he looks like an old gimmer compared to when he first moved here - seems to have aged 15 years in two seasons. It’s crazy.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 2

Could well mean that they’re on Jos’ and Chansiri’s ‘to sell’ list. But he may also have thought that there is no point playing them in a friendly, because we know what we get from them and they are an injury risk. Hoping it’s the former really!

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Abdi must’ve had a really major physical breakdown just after we got him, ‘cos I distinctly remember FF being delighted we’d landed him and even the Watford fans seemed far more gutted at Abdi leaving than Nando. It’s absolutely baffling.

I can’t help wondering if there’s even perhaps a chronic illness issue rather than an injury per se, it’s been that bad...in the rare pics I see of him these days he looks like an old gimmer compared to when he first moved here - seems to have aged 15 years in two seasons. It’s crazy.

Not wanting to make a massive 'conspiracy! illuminati confirmed!' issue out of this, 'cos I know he's had a rotten time lately for whatever reason through no fault of his own - but I was just looking at pics of him over the last couple of years out of interest, and...man, wtf has gone on with this lad in three seasons? Unbelievable if that's literally the difference 'match fitness' can make :sad:

abdi2015-2017.thumb.jpg.39d1c3559c1ed1c54c95eec04e27ff1b.jpg

14 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Not wanting to make a massive 'conspiracy! illuminati confirmed!' issue out of this, 'cos I know he's had a rotten time lately for whatever reason through no fault of his own - but I was just looking at pics of him over the last couple of years out of interest, and...man, wtf has gone on with this lad in three seasons? Unbelievable if that's literally the difference 'match fitness' can make :sad:

abdi2015-2017.thumb.jpg.39d1c3559c1ed1c54c95eec04e27ff1b.jpg

Well his fingers look better

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, joelswfc said:

Could well mean that they’re on Jos’ and Chansiri’s ‘to sell’ list. But he may also have thought that there is no point playing them in a friendly, because we know what we get from them and they are an injury risk. Hoping it’s the former really!

Agree in part bud, with Jones yes the manager will know him,Abdi if I'm being honest us still an unknown quantity, we'll in a Wednesday shirt anyway, what's it been 7 starts in 2 seasons and non for the new manager?