Abdi & Jones

On 14/07/2018 at 08:44, Mr. Tom said:

Abdi must’ve had a really major physical breakdown just after we got him, ‘cos I distinctly remember FF being delighted we’d landed him and even the Watford fans seemed far more gutted at Abdi leaving than Nando. It’s absolutely baffling.

I can’t help wondering if there’s even perhaps a chronic illness issue rather than an injury per se, it’s been that bad...in the rare pics I see of him these days he looks like an old gimmer compared to when he first moved here - seems to have aged 15 years in two seasons. It’s crazy.

I genuinely think that some people knew about whatever was wrong with Abdi when he signed, including Abdi himself and Doyen Sport.

I think they saw us a a patsy to keep paying his wages and earning them their 10% instead of him announcing his retirement.

Cue it turning out he isn't a Doyen client.

Edited by Leaping Lannys Perm

3 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I genuinely think that some people knew about whatever was wrong with Abdi when he signed, including Abdi himself and Doyen Sport.

I think they saw us a a patsie to keep paying his wages and earning them their 10% instead of him announcing his retirement.

Cue it turning out he isn't a Doyen client.

You might genuinely believe it but that is all it is a belief.  I genuinely believe that he was fit as fizz when we signed him.  

Edited by Watson

Guest wilyfox

Past caring what's wrong with Abdi. When you spend two years waiting for him to contribute after being so excited by his signing, I now don't give a damn. Leave. 

On 14/07/2018 at 08:44, Mr. Tom said:

Abdi must’ve had a really major physical breakdown just after we got him, ‘cos I distinctly remember FF being delighted we’d landed him and even the Watford fans seemed far more gutted at Abdi leaving than Nando. It’s absolutely baffling.

I can’t help wondering if there’s even perhaps a chronic illness issue rather than an injury per se, it’s been that bad...in the rare pics I see of him these days he looks like an old gimmer compared to when he first moved here - seems to have aged 15 years in two seasons. It’s crazy.

It's bizarre. Especially after I was told how sharp and fit he's looked so far in preseason training. Then he doesn't figure at all at Lincoln. Somethings amiss. 

1 minute ago, Semedo's ferret said:

It's bizarre. Especially after I was told how sharp and fit he's looked so far in preseason training. Then he doesn't figure at all at Lincoln. Somethings amiss. 

He’s declared he wants to play for a team back home. Nobody has tabled a firm offer for him yet though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Arcadianrocket

Jones is better than Pelupessy, but then I don't think either are what we need.

Jones imo would interest Wigan.

8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

With the benefit that if nobody shows an interest, we might actually get a few games out of him this season.

Win/win.

If he gets fit and nobody comes in for him he could well end up getting some games - and then by default put himself in the shop window.

..this could work out for all parties. 

• Like 1