Lincoln City - Our Starting Line Up.

5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Not really thought of that one. For me I'd like to use the friendlies to see how far the under 23s are progressing and how they cope with older physical players, we know the first team can and give some of them more time on fitness or recovery from injury, so let's see Baker given the friendlies, if he can push on and improve it'll maybe help push palmer a little, van Akren and nielson or O'grady, kirby in the middle and hopefully the lad smart up top and mix in some first teamers 

U23s haven't got another game till they play Leicester away on 20th so one or two might be involved tomorrow. 

I'd be surprised is we go 3 at the back because we don't have any wing backs, crucial for that formation to succeed and we didn't sign Venancio, leaving us short of first team CB cover.

The decision to sell Hunt and retain Palmer also points to a flat back 4 which plays to the strengths of a limited Palmer and even more limited Fox.

I think the U23's lined up in a 433 the other night and wouldn't be surprised if this or some variation is used this season. Jos tried to revert to 4 at the back last season but quickly reverted to a 3 / 5 man defence, suspect with some time on the training ground he is more confident now?

If we are talking strongest team id like to see

Westwood

Lee

Lees

Pudil

Thorniley

Reach

Hutch

Bannan

Forestieri

Joao

Hooper

Let forestieri do what he wants behind Hooper and joao.

Really need a right sided cb or someone to play in the middle of lees and pudil

Squad is seriously lacking quality in a lot of areas after the main 11 or so....

Edited by dani_armo

Westwood

Hutch.         Lees.       Van Aken

Lee               Joey              Bannan          Reach

Abdi

Nando               Fletcher 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I wouldn't be surprised for us to go with 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. 

If we start 5-3-2 it points to us signing a new right back IMO, but i suspect 4 at the back and no new full back ?

If we are playing 4 at the back next season we are in huge trouble, as soon as Jos came in he realised we don’t have the players for that so he changed it to 3 centre backs. I can’t see that changing myself

42 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd be surprised is we go 3 at the back because we don't have any wing backs, crucial for that formation to succeed and we didn't sign Venancio, leaving us short of first team CB cover.

The decision to sell Hunt and retain Palmer also points to a flat back 4 which plays to the strengths of a limited Palmer and even more limited Fox.

I think the U23's lined up in a 433 the other night and wouldn't be surprised if this or some variation is used this season. Jos tried to revert to 4 at the back last season but quickly reverted to a 3 / 5 man defence, suspect with some time on the training ground he is more confident now?

Who we playing at left back then.

I personally will be amazed if we ain't 3 at the back next season.

Edited by pazowl55

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

U23s haven't got another game till they play Leicester away on 20th so one or two might be involved tomorrow. 

Yeah, as I said makes sense to do so bud, lincoln are gonna have some robust old pros in there, so will be a good test for how they stand up to the more physical side. 

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yeah, as I said makes sense to do so bud, lincoln are gonna have some robust old pros in there, so will be a good test for how they stand up to the more physical side. 

Yes, and they play the long ball game to a big centre forward

1 minute ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Yes, and they play the long ball game to a big centre forward

Rhead or some wierd spelling if I remember from their cup run last year not the tallest, but a big tough unit nevertheless.. Would like to give nielson a run there, big tough unit too, could be the monster we need at the back with some experience and games time. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Not really thought of that one. For me I'd like to use the friendlies to see how far the under 23s are progressing and how they cope with older physical players, we know the first team can and give some of them more time on fitness or recovery from injury, so let's see Baker given the friendlies, if he can push on and improve it'll maybe help push palmer a little, van Akren and nielson or O'grady, kirby in the middle and hopefully the lad smart up top and mix in some first teamers 

Agree with this to be honest like the look of baker. Just got a feeling Pessy would be a good rwb based on what I’ve seen so far.

57 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Told that Abdi means business and has put everything into preseason. If he starts Friday night in a 3 man CM role then that's a huge message. 

I would love to see him come good, the guy undoubtedly has talent but it's his application and fitness that are in question...fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Rhead or some wierd spelling if I remember from their cup run last year not the tallest, but a big tough unit nevertheless.. Would like to give nielson a run there, big tough unit too, could be the monster we need at the back with some experience and games time. 

As posted previously, I think Lincoln have signed Akinde from Barnet who is a big unit also, powerful runner, good shot on him and causes problems from set pieces if memory serves.