Why I can’t support Wednesday any longer

1 hour ago, One De Bilde said:

Get a grip. There should be an outright ban for moronic posts such as this.

I've read his post and draw a form of parrallel,  it is very similar in line to an episode of Soccer AM way back with Noel Gallagher on the sofa ..

To those who " know not"

Professional Ligger and general arse licker Tim Lovejoy is wearing a Ramones T Shirt ..and Gallagher cuts him right down to size after agreeing what a great band they were 

N-G   "name one of their songs" ?

T-L .......embarrassing silence 

Maybe it's on the net somewhere ?

Thats the Man Utd bit dealt with 

The Wednesday bit ?

I agree Ban the idiot .......lol

• Haha 4

Singha beer can be quite potent and large quantities shouldn't be imbibed before posting on OT.

I was in Bangkok in 1992 with the new Mrs Nobsworth (we were on our honeymoon at the time) and a Thai chap asked us where we were from.  "Sheffield" replied I.

"Ah! Sheffield Wednesday!" said he. A big smile appeared on my face. "Absolutely!" said I.

He smiled back and said: "Chris Waddle!" then politely guided into a shop where I ended up buying some brass bamboo-style cuttlery.

Clever bloke to get someone from Sheffield to take cuttlery from Thailand back home.  Still got them, btw. 

True story...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

What a pile of cr•p , I don’t waste my time talking to Manures... you should know better.

As for why I support Wednesday, I don’t know why, I just do, and I was born and live in the Isles of Scilly!!

It’s certainly not for the glory.

Had a family in the shop last week from Bristol and their ten year old supported Bristol Rovers. Had a great chat with him... he had more knowledge and passion than any glory hunting, brand associating, shallow man yoo tart.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ThailandOwl said:

There are 2 reasons. Firstly I’m 6000 miles away so its a little expensive and it would take a sizeable chunk out of my life. When I was younger I would often only miss a couple of away games in a season but now I admit to being a ‘big match’ fan only. £2k to see the Norwich match..worth every penny.

However the main reason I can’t support them any longer is down to a conversation I had with a woman in a bar last night. A good friend of mine is a Liverpool supporter and as we walked into said bar he was confronted by this woman who proceeded to mock his team. I thought I’d find out where she was coming from, so I asked her what team she supported and she replied Man U. Swiftly followed by her enquiring of me which team I followed. On mentioning Wednesday she quickly lost interest and I took this as disapproval so I decided to scrutinize her choice of team.

‘Do you live in Manchester?’ I asked

Monosyllabic answer ‘no’

‘Were you born in Manchester ‘ I not so innocently probed.

Affirmative response

‘Do you get to many matches?’

Monosyllabic negative reply..... followed by

‘But I’ve been to Manchester

I did actually fall off my bar stool.

Well smack me with a wet kipper, she’s been shopping in Selfridges and become a life long Man U Fan

So where do you come from I continued ... some obscure Welsh town

And why do you support Man U ... no answer... why not support your local team….no answer.

I’m not sure she ever understood my message and my sweet talking repartee was obviously getting me no where so we parted company. A seven minute marriage made in heaven.

Thank Buddha for intelligent Bar girls full of stimulating conversation coming to my rescue.

Now I haven’t an intrinsic problem with Man U., but everywhere I go in the world I get pretty sick when people ask me where I’m from, and then immediately suggest Manchester or Liverpool.

So I’m proposing an outright ban on being able to qualify as a supporter if you weren’t born within spitting distance of the ground. And that’s the second reason I can’t support Wednesday as I was born in (on the) Arbourthorne.

So what’s the most feeble / tenuous reason you’ve heard for supporting a team

and, whom amongst we Wednesday supporters, can claim to have started following them from the farthest away from the ground. (not where you live now )

I'm not very good at chatting up women aswell if that helps... Don't blame problems with women on football.....  Hope that helps

"Viz top tip" 

2 hours ago, Nobsworth said:

Singha beer can be quite potent and large quantities shouldn't be imbibed before posting on OT.

I was in Bangkok in 1992 with the new Mrs Nobsworth (we were on our honeymoon at the time) and a Thai chap asked us where we were from.  "Sheffield" replied I.

"Ah! Sheffield Wednesday!" said he. A big smile appeared on my face. "Absolutely!" said I.

He smiled back and said: "Chris Waddle!" then politely guided into a shop where I ended up buying some brass bamboo-style cuttlery.

Clever bloke to get someone from Sheffield to take cuttlery from Thailand back home.  Still got them, btw. 

True story...

Had me hooked in here Nobsworth 

Great story ..

I went there in 98 and spoke to same guy and mentioned Chris Waddle .. he replied Theh theh theh theh theh theh theh theh suit you sir ...

Pìss taking twàt shoved his cutlery up his àrse ........... mmmm nice .....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, ThailandOwl said:

There are 2 reasons. Firstly I’m 6000 miles away so its a little expensive and it would take a sizeable chunk out of my life. When I was younger I would often only miss a couple of away games in a season but now I admit to being a ‘big match’ fan only. £2k to see the Norwich match..worth every penny.

However the main reason I can’t support them any longer is down to a conversation I had with a woman in a bar last night. A good friend of mine is a Liverpool supporter and as we walked into said bar he was confronted by this woman who proceeded to mock his team. I thought I’d find out where she was coming from, so I asked her what team she supported and she replied Man U. Swiftly followed by her enquiring of me which team I followed. On mentioning Wednesday she quickly lost interest and I took this as disapproval so I decided to scrutinize her choice of team.

‘Do you live in Manchester?’ I asked

Monosyllabic answer ‘no’

‘Were you born in Manchester ‘ I not so innocently probed.

Affirmative response

‘Do you get to many matches?’

Monosyllabic negative reply..... followed by

‘But I’ve been to Manchester

I did actually fall off my bar stool.

Well smack me with a wet kipper, she’s been shopping in Selfridges and become a life long Man U Fan

So where do you come from I continued ... some obscure Welsh town

And why do you support Man U ... no answer... why not support your local team….no answer.

I’m not sure she ever understood my message and my sweet talking repartee was obviously getting me no where so we parted company. A seven minute marriage made in heaven.

Thank Buddha for intelligent Bar girls full of stimulating conversation coming to my rescue.

Now I haven’t an intrinsic problem with Man U., but everywhere I go in the world I get pretty sick when people ask me where I’m from, and then immediately suggest Manchester or Liverpool.

So I’m proposing an outright ban on being able to qualify as a supporter if you weren’t born within spitting distance of the ground. And that’s the second reason I can’t support Wednesday as I was born in (on the) Arbourthorne.

So what’s the most feeble / tenuous reason you’ve heard for supporting a team

and, whom amongst we Wednesday supporters, can claim to have started following them from the farthest away from the ground. (not where you live now )

How wet was her Kipper ? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Had me hooked in here Nobsworth 

Great story ..

I went there in 98 and spoke to same guy and mentioned Chris Waddle .. he replied Theh theh theh theh theh theh theh theh suit you sir ...

Pìss taking twàt shoved his cutlery up his àrse ........... mmmm nice .....lol

I know it sounds a bit "Fast Show", but this is totally true.  I'll try to prove it:

20180708_202209.jpg.9081d6c67bf24b32bb50cd92d8b7c521.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2