Glenn Loovens

Proved excellent value over the years.  

Needed replacing before this season for me. The writing was on the wall with that injury in Chansiri 'Year One' when he couldn't follow through on a pass because the hamstring was like a frozen bar of Highland Toffee,  brittle and ready to snap. 

I remain convinced that was one of that the reasons that's why Bannan was asked to play that barmy role having to go and collect it off his toes for him last season even though he was allegedly fixed.

I always feel a sadness when a player is allowed to carry on beyond their usefulness and their previous efforts start to fade to be replaced with more recent memories of horror shows.  Happens too many times.

Hopefully he'll be given a decent send off.  

Doesn't have to play to have a stroll around the pitch after the match and have a little wave goodbye to warm applause. 

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat

No. People say he's been a great servant for the club. I think he's been ok and the club has done more for his career than he has achieved for the club. We need the points and plan for next year. Loovens has been shocking this year.

57 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Not for me.

38 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not even for the last few minutes? Why not?

36 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

No no no no. 

24 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

No. People say he's been a great servant for the club. I think he's been ok and the club has done more for his career than he has achieved for the club. We need the points and plan for next year. Loovens has been shocking this year.

13 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

He's been very well paid for doing a job. Nice round of applause if he gets on but otherwise, meh. 

No sentiment in football, show him the door, ta ta.

Edited by daleblue

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, daleblue said:

No sentiment in football, show him the door, ta ta.

There's plenty of money in it though. Some of it mine.