Glenn Loovens

22 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

He's been very well paid for doing a job. Nice round of applause if he gets on but otherwise, meh. 

Exactly this . He’s earned god knows how much from the club , that’s his thanks . Decent player but past his sell by date by well over a year . 

Edited by james o connor

18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Exactly this . He’s earned god knows how much from the club , that’s his thanks . Decent player but past his sell by date by well over a year . 

You graft hard at your job, get paid a salary and then your employer moves you on...you think that's a reason not to be able to say goodbye to those that have supported you along the way? Especially when you led your team to perform at the highest level in many fans' living memory

Also, let's not forget the significant amount of community work he's done in his time here.

Edited by McRightSide

Just now, McRightSide said:

You graft hard at your job, get paid a salary and then your employer moves you on...you think that's a reason not to be able to say goodbye to those that have supported you along the way? Especially when you led your team to perform at the highest level in many fans' living memory

Also, let's not forget the significant amount of community work he's done in his time here.

Like I say clap off if he’s around on the end of season walk round  . I don’t get the attachment to players. He’s been decent but serves no purpose now same as Ross Wallace etc etc 

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Like I say clap off if he’s around on the end of season walk round  . I don’t get the attachment to players. He’s been decent but serves no purpose now same as Ross Wallace etc etc 

If only the present is relevant then we are Sheffield's second club...

50 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

A favourite cliche of the unthinking fan who fails to realize that the entire football ecosystem is built on sentiment and jobs for your mates

Or someone that abhors the love in some fans have for a person who has no connection with them apart from being highly paid to do a job on a football field.

I'm sure Loovens will get over it, if let go, will you?

And as for that statement, well it not only makes no sense, its stupid in its construction.

7 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Or someone that abhors the love in some fans have for a person who has no connection with them apart from being highly paid to do a job on a football field.

I'm sure Loovens will get over it, if let go, will you?

And as for that statement, well it not only makes no sense, its stupid in its construction.

Youre first words entirely describe the relationship between fans and a team.

If you ‘abhorr’ it so much, why do you watch / follow / support?

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Youre first words entirely describe the relationship between fans and a team.

If you ‘abhorr’ it so much, why do you watch / follow / support?

What? why do you want to know how I feel about football players.

Are you sick?

I’d like to think the full squad will do a lap of the pitch at the end of the game (seeing as though Jos likes them to be in the stadium). For that reason no need to give him game time. Jos will get more benefit from playing those that he’s keeping.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Guessing you are not first pick to do the toasts at the leaving do's at your place of work lol

3 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

NO, Some might see the last game as unimportant but i need 3 points to win a gallon of beer from my Forest supporting mate. Who finishes highest. 

Sameish. My mate still owes me £20 from last year. Think he was seeing it as a double or quit situation 

Some of the disrespect for Glenn Loovens  is really poor.

Hes been a brilliant player and captain for us. Some of the defensive performances he has played for us have been superb especially alongside Tom Lees. 

Yes, his legs have gone and we all know he should be released but fukinel, show some respect for a very, very good player who is at the end of his career with us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Some of the disrespect for Glenn Loovens  is really poor.

Hes been a brilliant player and captain for us. Some of the defensive performances he has played for us have been superb especially alongside Tom Lees. 

Yes, his legs have gone and we all know he should be released but fukinel, show some respect for a very, very good player who is at the end of his career with us.

Exactly.

We’re happy to give Dion Dublin a standing ovation but not our own captain

• Like 1