Glenn Loovens

Just now, McRightSide said:

Exactly.

We’re happy to give Dion Dublin a standing ovation but not our own captain

Absolutely! 

I wouldnt mind but Glenn Loovens has been one of our best players over the last 15 years or so. Great Rolls Royce of a defender and superb captain. There has been a big decline this season but it

can happen with footballers. The poor bloke’s legs have gone.

Guest timrud

Holy cow for some reason I can't stop laughing at the bottom one, like it literally couldn't be any worse for the poor guy

Glenn Loovens is on fire,

Your balls are terrified. lol 

Glenn has been a rock of a player for us at times. If it wasn't for him I don't think Tom Lees would be as good as he is. He deserves a tremendous round of applause when the players walk round the pitch at the end of the match.

Also ITK. He is being given an executive box which will be named "The Nutcracker's Sweet". lol 

I’d like us to double up his farewell as a distraction for the opposition.

With 5 minutes left the scene for his cameo is set with a fanfare piping through the PA system. The distant diminuendo of an aircraft engine gives way to applause as Loovens gracefully descends onto the pitch. Leaving his bellowing parachute behind he slots in alongside Tom Lees as if nothing had happened.

I’m concerned about the logistics of this obviously, but worth asking Glenn if he’s up for it.

Let me get this straight.

We have another thread in which poster gets around 20 'likes' for suggesting we give a NORWICH player a good send off.

Now, I have nothing against this thread, OP of thread, Hoolahan himself or the fact that so many people liked it.

Just using it for comparison, that is all.

Someone suggests similar for a bloke who has served us for nearly half a decade (yes he's been well paid, etc) and has been club captain for most of that time.

2 'likes'/ 1 'neg'.

WHAT THE fizz IS GOING ON PEOPLE?

Assuming he's done here, surely Loovens deserves AT LEAST a 5 minute cameo to say goodbye to the fans, and vice versa?

• Like 1

Bring him on for last 5 minutes.

Over a hundred appearances for us, majority as captain.  Came in at a time when we were very shaky at the back and steadied us.  Over 30 games a season in both playoff campaigns and equaled clean sheet record with his partnership with Lees and Westwood behind them.

Club captain and heavily involved in community work.

A season too much, but overall his impact at the club as been very positive.

Have him on the bench if we are a few up with 10-15 minutes left then bring him on for the Loovens/Lees partnership for last 10-15 minutes it could also be a chance for Venancio coming off to get a round of applause for the good work he has put in for us since December. Without him marshaling the kids around him we could have been in a lot worse position than we are and you never know he might be signed in the summer as long as they don't ask for silly amounts of money.

This is Loovens 4th year here?

First two he was brilliant and part of two different seperate solid defensive units. Third year was patchy but when he got back with Lees we went on that excellent unbeaten run that got us in the play offs and probably an own goal from promotion.

Went on one year too long,  his legs have gone beyond his experience getting him out of trouble. It must be as galling for him as well as us in that position.

On balance he's been a great asset to the club and an excellent captain.

Thank you Glen Loovens.

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

This is Loovens 4th year here?

First two he was brilliant and part of two different seperate solid defensive units. Third year was patchy but when he got back with Lees we went on that excellent unbeaten run that got us in the play offs and probably an own goal from promotion.

Went on one year too long,  his legs have gone beyond his experience getting him out of trouble. It must be as galling for him as well as us in that position.

On balance he's been a great asset to the club and an excellent captain.

Thank you Glen Loovens.

5th year isnt it?