Gossip

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

I still think he will move on - could be a loan agreement, I really want him to work here but for whatever reason it just doesn't look like it's going to happen.

To be fare mate he has not been right for some time crap towards end at Blackburn poo at Middlesbrough and then of course here

14 hours ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

Selling Rhodes is very unlikely. Currently as we are paying his transfer fee over 4 years I think, the impact on our FFP is spread out. If we sell him however, the loss we make on him instantly goes in to losses for that year. For example If we sell him for £3m, we get £5m added to losses for this season, instead of £2m which is what we would spend on his transfer fee installments. 

This ignores what we are paying in wages which also has an impact on FFP. If he is on £1.75m a year loss in year would be £3.75m when added onto transfer fee. if we sold him for £3m the reduced wages would bring loss down to £3.25m and improve situation in future years as well.

The article on FFP which was on Owlstalk was not as great as it was made out to be at the time.

I'm big fan of Clint Leemans. Good player. Big fella with cultured left peg. However I'm always concerned with how these players sign from Erdevise will adapt to twice quicker tempo of football in The Championship, then to what they are used to.

On 2018-04-22 at 20:47, ReginaldD said:

One of the few advantages of us not being in play of contention this season is the factor that we can start planning for next season a good 4 weeks earlier than we have for the past two years.

I'm sure our enforced late planning over the last couple of years not knowing for sure what league we'd be in must've meant we missed out on certain potential good championship signings. 

We are still using typewriters to send letters to the players agents to buy , why do you think it took this long to get Jordan Rhodes . And when he finally arrived he was past his sell by date lol 

6 hours ago, Saskatoon owl said:

We are still using typewriters to send letters to the players agents to buy , why do you think it took this long to get Jordan Rhodes . And when he finally arrived he was past his sell by date lol 

Exactly - was reyt disappointed yesterday to hear that our bid for Bobby Charlton was rejected.

23 hours ago, Quist said:

This ignores what we are paying in wages which also has an impact on FFP. If he is on £1.75m a year loss in year would be £3.75m when added onto transfer fee. if we sold him for £3m the reduced wages would bring loss down to £3.25m and improve situation in future years as well.

The article on FFP which was on Owlstalk was not as great as it was made out to be at the time.

OK so assuming we paid £8m over 4 years, we have already 'lost' £2m on this season's installments. If we sell for £3m that loss instantly turns into £5m. If you're adding wages to it then it's £6.75m. Obviously he's off the books for future years but for this year Rhodes' wages have already been paid ... we dont get it back! 

This year is the crunch year for us as the FFP limit is over a 3 year period and this is our 3rd year of overspending

1 hour ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

OK so assuming we paid £8m over 4 years, we have already 'lost' £2m on this season's installments. If we sell for £3m that loss instantly turns into £5m. If you're adding wages to it then it's £6.75m. Obviously he's off the books for future years but for this year Rhodes' wages have already been paid ... we dont get it back! 

This year is the crunch year for us as the FFP limit is over a 3 year period and this is our 3rd year of overspending

The problem with this year is that it has already been taken into account as the new rules for Profit and Sustainability take into account spending for the previous 2 seasons, plus a forecast for the current season.

The last point is particularly significant; in addition to historic account information about past seasons, clubs now have to submit a financial projection for the season that is still taking place. All the information has to be with the Football League by the 1 March. The Football League have confirmed that they are aiming to have any punishments announced before the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We'll be fine. Free agents allowed to sign.

You usually aren't forced to sell players under an embargo. So we could just continue and hope it works this time.

Don't know exactly but i think you have to get you finance back into shape or you stay under an embargo, if we have turnover of £20m and a wage bill of £30m that is not going to happen so we will have to sell players or try to get higher earner either out on loan or to agree to cancel their contracts something that I personally cannot see happening.

The keys are try and get rid of Fletcher, Abdi, Matias the 3 of them will be close to £100k a week or £5m a season in wages, add to these is we can find someone for Rhodes that's another £2m a season off the wage bill. If we could find a way to get rid of these 4 it would improve our accounts £7m a season we only need a fee for one of the players of note and the losses are back to under £10m. All if and but and the likely chances of finding someone to take these players on the wages they are on is very unlikely.

2 hours ago, OohAahGuyWhittingham said:

I am not certain when year ends? But if period has already ended for final year whatever we do will have no impact for thiis year. If only a few months left you are correct it will increase loss.for this year.

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Don't know exactly but i think you have to get you finance back into shape or you stay under an embargo, if we have turnover of £20m and a wage bill of £30m that is not going to happen so we will have to sell players or try to get higher earner either out on loan or to agree to cancel their contracts something that I personally cannot see happening.

The keys are try and get rid of Fletcher, Abdi, Matias the 3 of them will be close to £100k a week or £5m a season in wages, add to these is we can find someone for Rhodes that's another £2m a season off the wage bill. If we could find a way to get rid of these 4 it would improve our accounts £7m a season we only need a fee for one of the players of note and the losses are back to under £10m. All if and but and the likely chances of finding someone to take these players on the wages they are on is very unlikely.

2 seasons of not spending any money will take us out of the embargo, so we technically don't have to get anything in order. Remember if we actually succeed in promotion our income will skyrocket, meaning the finances will not matter.

Those 4 players will be going nowhere.

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If the said 3 players are on 100k combined a week. (Think it be more 70k)  then we have no chance of offloading them. 

And with Rhodes. if we sale him now all his remaining transfer fee goes on our losses for next year. so he will be staying. of maybe a loan could be a way round it.

Edited by pazowl55

Think we will have a modest summer balancing the books re incoming and outgoing  players. We have several high earners out of contract in 2019 so can demonstrate a forward plan to reduce losses in the event we do exceed FFP.

Not sure we need worry about embargoes or serious punishment other than perhaps a warning or close scrutiny of future business through to 2019.

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Been reading up on FFP or P&S as it is now and it seems that if when we submitted the forecast loss for the current season it breached the rules, there is a possibility that we could also have forecast future anticipated sales that would be able to get us back below the £39M loss allowed for 3 seasons. If this is the case it can be taken into account regarding any punishment that may have been imposed.

37 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

2 seasons of not spending any money will take us out of the embargo, so we technically don't have to get anything in order. Remember if we actually succeed in promotion our income will skyrocket, meaning the finances will not matter.

Those 4 players will be going nowhere.

No it won't we are probably losing £20m+ this season, we have income that is £20m less than we are spending and we have a £30m+ wage bill the only way to reduce this is by getting rid of players on the wage bill.

Pinning everything on promotion is the reason we are now in this mess financial - we need to cut our cloth accordingly try and off load some of the high earners and if we get a decent offer for one of our better players maybe take it and replace them with a cheaper option or from within the squad.

For me with everyone fit next years Rhodes will not get much play time i would loan him out to a team outside of the Championship - I think Rangers were mentioned get him scoring goals again and his confidence up then come January see if we can get £5m for him, it would recoup some of the losses on him and get his wages off the bills.

I hope DC has learnt from this season but the true judge of this will be over the next few weeks. When we get the new shirts, season ticket prices 2nd phase etc.