A few things from this video

Pearson getting off the coach

Hirsts tackle!

Brights tackle!

The disallowed goal

Hirsts goal

Happy Days 

lol

We had a great team, then we got Waddle and just to make us appear invincible it turned out Warhurst was as good a Hirst, when forced to play up front due to Hirst's injury problems. 

And that touch by Hirst. Controls and shoots with his left foot in the same stride. 

That's how football should be played, regardless of how the games moved, we actually look quite direct in comparison to today's Premier League. That wasn't the case then, and few teams would live with that team now. 

I was the sh**** away end, Hirst's was a proper full blooded lunge and he'd have defo gone in todays namby pamby game. As a spectacle I would say this was the best derby game of the last few decades both side going at it full pelt, you didn't want it to end.

A friend of mine couldn't make the game so stuck £800 on the Owls to win, he's still gutted by the Warhurst "goal" to this day.

• Haha 1

On 21/04/2018 at 14:24, room0035 said:

Were we spoilt growing up with such a great team, compared to now they are not even in the same league. They played with passion, pride, a will to succeed, put theirs and others bodies on the line, had quality and a cutting edge and wanted to be owls and win for those in the stands. I just loved going to games in the 90's watching that team.

Just out of interest, how do you put someone else's body on the line? 

7 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Just out of interest, how do you put someone else's body on the line? 

Just let Hirst tackle 'em and then drag the corpse to the side line. Simples lol 

FFS.

Seriously though. How can people say Hirst should have been sent off? It WAS a pig on the receiving end :picnic:

On 4/21/2018 at 11:56, Stoop said:

That miss near the end by Bright tho 

Probably his 2nd worst miss of that particular season

I can see why he missed it.  Bright set himself up to hit it with his right foot, but the defender gets a touch on it right at the last second, so he has to adjust his body to hit it first time with his left.   

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

I hate that whenever Bright`s name is mentioned it always seems to be connected to the Wembley miss......................he was a terrific striker for us, a perfect foil for Hirst, almost guaranteed 20 goals a season and never bullied.

Spot on. In any other era he would have been an absolute legend, unfortunately for him he happened to play in a fantastic side, where somehow instead of being the standout hero worshipped player he should have been, he somehow became picked out as the weak link. 

Remember one match he missed a chance to howls of derision, just 5 minutes later Hirst missed a simpler header, followed by chants of David Hirst going around the ground.

Not blaming Hirst or anybody else, but boy Mark Bright was so underrated and under appreciated by many fans.

Having said all that, he did miss the chance at Wembley!! Lol.