Championship team of the year

1 hour ago, torres said:

Clarke put in the best forward display I’ve seen at Hillsborough this season by the opposition  

To be honest the state of our defending...I thought we made him look good. The first goal...Blimey. 

Stuff of nightmares. 

Mind, so was the second. Weak as pìss from us.

Very harsh on Lewis Grabban not to be included - him and Vydra have by far the best goals per game average in the division,  and Grabban has scored just one fewer goal than Clarke and Reid despite having 800 and 1400 minutes less game time - plus he played half the season for Sunderland.  

Every season we miss out you always get fans going on about how poor the league is, missed chance, rubbish. People said the same last year, the season before, the season before. Then finally once we are competing at the top it's the hardest it's been for years...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Clarke's had an incredible season no denying that. However a team of the season should be done at the end of the season.

He had a purple patch last autumn, which we managed to kick start, where he got hat tricks in successive home games. But just after that he went through a run of one goal in 15 games.

Perhaps what it shows is that there has been no really outstanding striker in the Championship this season.

9 hours ago, alanharper said:

Very harsh on Lewis Grabban not to be included - him and Vydra have by far the best goals per game average in the division,  and Grabban has scored just one fewer goal than Clarke and Reid despite having 800 and 1400 minutes less game time - plus he played half the season for Sunderland.  

That's why he is not there. All the voting was done when he was at Sunderland. and unless you pull up trees. All the players come from the club's in and around the playoffs.

13 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

He had a purple patch last autumn, which we managed to kick start, where he got hat tricks in successive home games. But just after that he went through a run of one goal in 15 games.

Perhaps what it shows is that there has been no really outstanding striker in the Championship this season.

I agree, it's been a year where players have had streaks. Bonatini at Wolves was on fire at one point now spends a lot of time on the bench. Vydra around February was knocking them in for fun. Bobby Reid came out of the traps flying as did Gary Hooper to be fair who had it not been for injury would have hit 20 in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Every season we miss out you always get fans going on about how poor the league is, missed chance, rubbish. People said the same last year, the season before, the season before. Then finally once we are competing at the top it's the hardest it's been for years...

It has been poor this year though.

15 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Why has it? People said it was poor last year too

Did they? I certainly didn't.

For a start the teams in the top six on a whole are not as strong as last year. That's nothing to do with us being up there last year it's a genuine opinion. The three that went up last year all look like they are safe which I think is a good indicator considering none made huge changes to their squads.

Also the fact 46 points (maybe less) will probably keep you up this year when Blackburn went down on 51 last year suggests a weaker league and the fact teams like Derby went on an awful run and didn't drop out of the top 6 until last week and we ourselves had an awful run and still stayed 6/7 points clear of trouble shows a lack of quality in the division.

Blackburn’s points were an anomaly, it doesn’t make it poor, nor does the fact that the playoffs being closer this year make it a poorer league. If anything it being wide open makes it a lot more interesting and that anyone can beat anyone makes it a better league.

Team of the season is the best XI players which has little bearing whether the league (or a set amount of teams) is strong.