Championship team of the year

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think these teams are voted on just after Christmas aren't they? Leon was bang in form and top scorer in the division at that point, so no real surprise.

So they’re voted on 4 months into a 9 month season? What on earth 

6 minutes ago, brando said:

Leon Clarke makes the team off the year,

not a Wednesday player imo anywhere near.everybody who said this was a tough division,can't be true,can it/

No sh*t, Sherlock. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest, as much as I think he's a terrible cùnt, I'd have had Snodgrass in above Clarke. 

_100923341_champteamofyear.png

I can go with Ruddy, Bamba, Boly, Fredericks, Sessgnon, Cairney and Neves. 

If the voting is cast when I think it is then it's not a massive shock who got in the front three. 

Maddison seems to be getting linked with pretty much every Prem club, so he's clearly doing something right (even though Norwich have been poor). 

Edited by SiJ

Clarke is still Championship top scorer or thereabouts so he’d probably get the nod even if  if the vote was later. He’s done a good job for United, there’s no point in denying the facts although I’ve no idea how or why he’s come good. Of course if there was a late season vote our Dave would walk it. :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Let's be reyt apart from Clarke the rest of that team is full of quality players. This is a hard division there's about 16 teams every year aiming for the top 6.

As much as i hate to say it, Clarke has had a great season. And like it or not as the leagues leading scorer he will always get in the team of the season, and rightly so!

As much as we like to see our players in this. It’s not really important. Ruddy for instance is and always has been overrated. Wouldn’t swap Westwood or Wildsmith for him. 

The real disappointment is I have watched all the top sides and other than Wolves they are poor. If you compare the form of the play off hopefuls in the last two months it’s average at best, just when they should be kicking on. 

We should be top four at worst this season. I know all the reasons why not, but it’s a reality we have to live with. 

5 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

As much as we like to see our players in this. It’s not really important. Ruddy for instance is and always has been overrated. Wouldn’t swap Westwood or Wildsmith for him. 

The real disappointment is I have watched all the top sides and other than Wolves they are poor. If you compare the form of the play off hopefuls in the last two months it’s average at best, just when they should be kicking on. 

We should be top four at worst this season. I know all the reasons why not, but it’s a reality we have to live with. 

Wow, 23 clean sheets in 42 games and you wouldnt swap him!