Hull City 0 - 1 #SWFC - OMDT

Difficult to get excited about this one, think I'll spend the day with my family instead of glued to the TV and here for updates on a Saturday afternoon. Good practice for the closed season.

Sometimes it works too, last time  we beat Fulham 

Yes this Dawson chap(theirs) deserves a bit of misfortune during the match.We have suffered disproportionately at his hands and feet. Perhaps Fessi  or Adthe could be instructed  whilst falling to earth after him fouling him they could grab on to his shorts and debag him on the spot. See how he deals with that. Also any chance of your man Stubbs  getting into their dressing room and "altering" his half time refreshments. I'm sure there are many other more subtle ways that we could "inconvenience" him.

Central heating still on in Snoot Hall  M'Lud? O'Reilly was enquiring.lol

3 minutes ago, wexowl said:

Central heating still on in Snoot Hall  M'Lud? O'Reilly was enquiring.

Still on? STILL ON?!

image.png.56206f57e622cbdc72df54b33569fa22.png

We've nearly been frozen out!

If it hadn't been for us finding an old pair  her Ladyships drawers ( they had been set aside to send to charity for use as a Red Cross tent) which we have managed to use as curtains, blankets and fire fuel these last three weeks we'd have been goners.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Still on? STILL ON?!

image.png.56206f57e622cbdc72df54b33569fa22.png

We've nearly been frozen out!

If it hadn't been for us finding an old pair  her Ladyships drawers ( they had been set aside to send to charity for use as a Red Cross tent) which we have managed to use as curtains, blankets and fire fuel these last three weeks we'd have been goners.

Love it Snoots

:tango:

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

and the manager taking over the biggest shitstorm since Frederick Fleet shouted "Iceberg! Iceberg right ahead! "

Absolute Class as ever. Laughed out loud at this...

Today will be tough especially if Adthe doesn't make it.  Surely the fates at some point decree that Dawson (theirs not ours) deserves a high level of crap coming his way after the way he has got away with his "tackles" on FF and then that spawny equaliser at our place? Would it be too unkind to wish that he twists his knee in agonising fashion  rupturing his ACL as FF nutmegs him and bends one in the top corner?

Am never optimistic when we are on the road but given the restrictions on the squad at the moment and them scoring for fun think it will unfortunately be 3 losses in a row to follow 3 wins in a row...

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I hadn't been paying too much attention to Hull generally, well, you don't do you. You don't really think about them at all unless we're playing them. I'd forgotten for a moment who their manager even was. But it quickly became evident that they were on the back of bad run. (It transpired later in the interview it was 9 games without a win) The reporter was asking questions, but was passing over Adkins answers. Like a dismissive teenager kissing his teeth as a teacher explained why being able to read and write might prove useful in later life. 

"Terrible run. Do you feel like your the man for the job"

"Absolutley."

"But the results are very poor"

"The results are poor yes. But the performance the other night. I think anyone who watched that game will know we should have won it"

"But didn't"

"We didn't no, but the performance was the sort of performance we needed. When you play like that you win more than you lose. It's about getting into the right habits, and though we lost we were much improved"

"But lost."

"But did the right things in the right areas."

"It's nine games without a win now. The players are playing terribly"

"They're not though are they? We're on a bad run but we're not playing badly."

Crikey, that Howson gets around doesn't he? lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hull City - V - Wednesday

No automatic alt text available.

Sky Bet Championship
15:00 
Home 8/11    14/5    Away 18/5

Not so long ago Stubbs was driving me to the club, and as we sailed along the dark roads in from the valley I was listening to the radio in the back. There was an interview with with the Hull manager Nigel Adkins.  Well, when I say interview, it was actually quite clearly a press conference where one hack in particular had taken on the role of chief Inquisitor and clearly his fellow reporters were more than happy to take a back seat and let him fire the bullets for them.  

I hadn't been paying too much attention to Hull generally, well, you don't do you. You don't really think about them at all unless we're playing them. I'd forgotten for a moment who their manager even was. But it quickly became evident that they were on the back of bad run. (It transpired later in the interview it was 9 games without a win) The reporter was asking questions, but was passing over Adkins answers. Like a dismissive teenager kissing his teeth as a teacher explained why being able to read and write might prove useful in later life. 

"Terrible run. Do you feel like your the man for the job"

"Absolutley."

"But the results are very poor"

"The results are poor yes. But the performance the other night. I think anyone who watched that game will know we should have won it"

"But didn't"

"We didn't no, but the performance was the sort of performance we needed. When you play like that you win more than you lose. It's about getting into the right habits, and though we lost we were much improved"

"But lost."

"But did the right things in the right areas."

"It's nine games without a win now. The players are playing terribly"

"They're not though are they? We're on a bad run but we're not playing badly."

"Yeah whatever fam. You need to fall on your sword innit. Ye get me "

Ok. He didn't say the last bit. And it's only a little summary of what was a much longer piece. But. The main point was that the reporter believed it is a completely  results based business. Adkins was saying that it's about doing the right things and the results would come. 

Truth is it's both. But you could see the point the under pressure boss was making. You can play well and lose. 

They had a crappy run. But then turned a bit of a corner. (Despite a surprised tonking from Birmingham) They beat Norwich 4-3, beat Ipswich 3-0 at Portman Road, got creditable draws against Villa and Wolves and then smashed 4 past QPR and 5 past Burton.  They've eleven goals in the last 3 games and find themselves 5th in the form table. 

But just a month ago people were wanting the manager out. 

What a fickle World football is. 

We too have plenty of people wanting our manager out too.

Despite us being 9th in the divisions form table and the manager taking over the biggest shitstorm since Frederick Fleet shouted "Iceberg! Iceberg right ahead! "

A manager who has only been in post 3 months and  who has spent the grand total of £365k in trying to turn our fortunes around. 

Maybe, like Adkins (who was appointed Hull gaffer a month before Jos came to Hillsborough and got only 1 win in his first 12 games) he needs a little bit of patience and time to try and put things right. 

Match Facts

• Hull City have only lost one of their last five home league matches against the Owls (W3 D1), a 3-1 defeat in January 2013.

At least it was this century though. Do you know what I mean. It's those other stats I don't like. "Haven't lost to Sheffield Wednesday since 1902, and even then were holding a slender lead until a series of unfortunate events involving lightening, an escaped lion from the local circus and a collapsing sink hole saw them lose in injury time whilst down to 4 men,"

• That win is one of just two victories for the Owls against Hull in their last 12 meetings in all competitions (D4 L6).

Crikey. They really have had the upper hand. Though it has to be said I thought we were well on for something at their place in 15/16 until Fernando got done with that horror show tackle. The less said about the predictable outmanoeuvring at Wembley the better. 

• Hull's last two league games have been 4-0 and 5-0 wins over QPR and Burton, their third and fourth wins by at least four goals in the league this season - they last had as many wins by this margin in a single season in 1965-66 (5).

See this is what I mean. These are the sort of stats you don't want. "This team are entering the best goal scoring form in their history just before they face your team."

• Nigel Adkins has ended on the losing side in each of his last three league matches against Sheffield Wednesday.

Ah. This is better. The manager hoodoo. We need a bit of that. 

• Atdhe Nuhiu has scored six goals in his last five Championship matches -

And still they moan! Well. Some of them will be able to cheer tomorrow because there's a chance the bigman won't make it. Which personally I think is a huge blow to the team. And , not least a blow to whoever plays up front without him against the shithawks of Dawson and McDonald./ 

Hull have been lining up with a strong midfield unit in a 4-2-3-1

They have the lad Irvine who I was hoping we would make a play for the other summer. 

It's all undisclosed fees these days. But I've been told it was a deal of £1.5m working up to £2.2m when the additions go on , terrific bit of business for my money.

If he plays tomorrow then he'll be the one to watch making those powerful runs beyond. 

Can we win?

Of course we can. It a sizeable task of course with us still missing several of our best key players. 

But there is always a chance.  

Nuhiu and Joao if missing for my money will be one of the biggest blows of all. They aren't our best two strikers.  But they have proved a very useful pairing. A partnership where the sum of the parts is more than the whole with them two. 

For whatever reason they work. They work as a pair. As was proved in year one several times. 

Image result for NUHIU JOAO

I do wonder if one of the reasons that Joao didn't look his normal self against QPR was that he was shunted so we could try and accommodate our star man.

You could say it worked in that Fernando played well, scored a goal and it was great to have him back. But did it upset the Nuhiu/Joao balance.

Changing from the "Bloody negative" back five to get the little man involved certainly didn't seem to help matters. 

Jos is going to find this more and more as players come back ready for pre-season. It's the great jigsaw puzzle. It's the great jigsaw puzzle that finished Carlos. Off. 

How do you get the best from the whole....while including your best individuals.  His hardest spell as manager will probably be the summer retain list...

|Anyway. Enough bleating. 

I'd like to dedicate this thread  to our wonderful overlord, Neil. 

For Return of the Negs....

I salute you ,Sir. 

giphy.gif

COME ON WEDNESDAY

I have a theory about the away match at QPR. Perhaps away from home Jos believes he can now be more experimental with his tactics in assembling the Jigsaw.

Not long now before before Wednesday Version 2.18 is released