Is something not right about Jos?

11 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

All very well M, Lord but thats his remit, no one is forcing him to earn thousands each week. I would love to have a crack at his job, i really would.

Very true.

I'm merely hoping that we show him some patience.

It seems harsh to me that we expect quick results from someone who started his tenure with 50% of the squad unavailable and who goes into next season with ten bob and a packet of toffos to spend.

Whilst his predessesor was given two and half years,  almost limitless patience and a warchest of £30m.

5accd6a089ec9_carlossupper.thumb.png.b1054937d468158dbadcb9efc5a8114b.png

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Very true.

I'm merely hoping that we show him some patience.

It seems harsh to me that we expect quick results from someone who started his tenure with 50% of the squad unavailable and who goes into next season with ten bob and a packet of toffos to spend.

Whilst his predessesor was given two and half years,  almost limitless patience and a warchest of £30m.

5accd6a089ec9_carlossupper.thumb.png.b1054937d468158dbadcb9efc5a8114b.png

Less Jesus, more Judas...

On 13/04/2018 at 00:47, DJMortimer said:

There is simply no comparison between the resources they have had available and it is utterly fraudulent to suggest otherwise. Here's a list of some of the major players in our squad and their appearances this season, and then some of the Academy team who have been relied on out of necessity...

Carvalhal          Luhukay                                                                        Carvalhal          Luhukay

(29 games)       (20 games)                                                                     (29 games)       (20 games)

Westwood                  18                      0                                                    Wildsmith                  8                      20

Lees                           20                      8                                                    Dawson                     0                       4

van Aken                    13                      0                                                   Thorniley                    0                       8

Hutchinson                   5                      2                                                    Nielsen                      0                       3

Bannan                       23                     4                                                     O'Grady                    0                        1          

Lee                             15                      0                                                     Clare                        0                        5          

Wallace                       21                     4                                                     Stobbs                      0                        3 

Forestieri                      3                      4

Hooper                        24                     0                                                     TOTALS                   8                      44

Fletcher                       20                     0

TOTALS                    162                   22

Yeah, you're right. The injury problems they have suffered have been almost exactly the same.

:laugh:

tumblr_nl2y4uMxLn1upxwm8o1_400.gif.918382d1e028835210ad4e074ef5cfbc.gif

• Haha 3

On 11/04/2018 at 16:31, Southie_Owl said:

It’s no surprise that in other leagues the managers tend to be from those countries, France, Italy, Germany etc. Not racist just common sense that a manager from that country will most likely understand the culture, environment and requirements of the league better than others. 

In the championship unless you have lots of money to spend like Newcastle last year or Wolves this year, you normally have to be a bit more “street wise” to what it takes to be successful.

33 out of 39 teams promoted from this league have had british managers 

The statement can only be credible if you consider the amount of British coaches in the Championship compared to “foreign” equivalents. 

There are a lot more British coaches managing in the Championship. Therefore, just by the Laws of Probability, British managers are more likely to get promoted. 

Some managers born outside of this country will be more successful than ones born in it. Equally so, the same applies in reverse. 

Its such an ignorant opinion. I’d rather have a Dutch manager who’s won promotion three times to the Bundesliga than the Yorkshire born manager of the Dog and Duck. The country where a person is born has little to do with it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

The statement can only be credible if you consider the amount of British coaches in the Championship compared to “foreign” equivalents. 

There are a lot more British coaches managing in the Championship. Therefore, just by the Laws of Probability, British managers are more likely to get promoted. 

Some managers born outside of this country will be more successful than ones born in it. Equally so, the same applies in reverse. 

Its such an ignorant opinion. I’d rather have a Dutch manager who’s won promotion three times to the Bundesliga than the Yorkshire born manager of the Dog and Duck. The country where a person is born has little to do with it. 

Yes because those two things are comparible or relevant... i think the point is quite clear that british managers are more likely to get promoted than foreign managers because they have more knowledge and experience in English football and of it’s culture and requirements. Do you think Neil Warnock would be as effective if he managed in Italy? 

4 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes because those two things are comparible or relevant... i think the point is quite clear that british managers are more likely to get promoted than foreign managers because they have more knowledge and experience in English football and of it’s culture and requirements. Do you think Neil Warnock would be as effective if he managed in Italy? 

The last three Championship seasons, out of the NINE promoted teams. 

FOUR have had foreign managers (Benitez, Wagner, Karanka & Jokanovic), FIVE British born managers (Hughton, Dyche, Bruce, Howe, Neil). 

I'd suggest, based on the % of foreign managers working in the Championship, the statistic is far more favourable towards foreign born managers. 

If we extend it to this season, another foreign manager (Nuno Santo) has won promotion from the league, with potentially another foreign manager (Jokanovic) still with a chance to achieve that feat also. So, by the conclusion of this season, it could be highly likely, that out of the last TWELVE managers, half of the managers promoted from the league have been born outside Britain, despite having a much inferior total representation. 

In summary, the ignorant view that foreign managers are less likely to succeed, couldn't be further from the truth. 

48 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

FOUR have had foreign managers (Benitez, Wagner, Karanka & Jokanovic), FIVE British born managers (Hughton, Dyche, Bruce, Howe, Neil). 

I'd suggest, based on the % of foreign managers working in the Championship, the statistic is far more favourable towards foreign born managers. 

If we extend it to this season, another foreign manager (Nuno Santo) has won promotion from the league, with potentially another foreign manager (Jokanovic) still with a chance to achieve that feat also. So, by the conclusion of this season, it could be highly likely, that out of the last TWELVE managers, half of the managers promoted from the league have been born outside Britain, despite having a much inferior total representation. 

In summary, the ignorant view that foreign managers are less likely to succeed, couldn't be further from the truth. 

And the same applies to relegation too. I went back about 10 years before I got bored and found around 90% of those clubs going down had a British manager for most, if not all of that season.

59 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

yeah but dem' foreigners are takin' our jobs

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And the same applies to relegation too. I went back about 10 years before I got bored and found around 90% of those clubs going down had a British manager for most, if not all of that season.

Yes but we'd rather have English failures than foreign failures

On 13/04/2018 at 00:47, DJMortimer said:

There is simply no comparison between the resources they have had available and it is utterly fraudulent to suggest otherwise. Here's a list of some of the major players in our squad and their appearances this season, and then some of the Academy team who have been relied on out of necessity...

Carvalhal          Luhukay                                                                        Carvalhal          Luhukay

(29 games)       (20 games)                                                                     (29 games)       (20 games)

Westwood                  18                      0                                                    Wildsmith                  8                      20

Lees                           20                      8                                                    Dawson                     0                       4

van Aken                    13                      0                                                   Thorniley                    0                       8

Hutchinson                   5                      2                                                    Nielsen                      0                       3

Bannan                       23                     4                                                     O'Grady                    0                        1          

Lee                             15                      0                                                     Clare                        0                        5          

Wallace                       21                     4                                                     Stobbs                      0                        3 

Forestieri                      3                      4

Hooper                        24                     0                                                     TOTALS                   8                      44

Fletcher                       20                     0

TOTALS                    162                   22

Yeah, you're right. The injury problems they have suffered have been almost exactly the same.

:laugh:

Game set and match