Is something not right about Jos?

2 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Thats it turn the racist card back on me! Admit it, you want all our players and management staff to be English don’t you? You probably would like Dave Allen back too. Evil, pure evil.

lol

you’re ace. 

• Haha 1

As a dyed in the wool labour supporter I am 100% against any racism, so I accept a manager no matter what his colour, creed, background or country is. Unless he is Jewish of course, don’t like dem money grabbing Jews. 

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 3

It’s no surprise that in other leagues the managers tend to be from those countries, France, Italy, Germany etc. Not racist just common sense that a manager from that country will most likely understand the culture, environment and requirements of the league better than others. 

In the championship unless you have lots of money to spend like Newcastle last year or Wolves this year, you normally have to be a bit more “street wise” to what it takes to be successful.

33 out of 39 teams promoted from this league have had british managers 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
29 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

What are you talking about?? My opinion is based on nothing more than facts. English managers who understand the English game often succeed more than foreigners who struggle to pick up on the demands of the league. I couldn't care less if the man in charge is black, white, pink, English, Spanish, Bulgarian or from Mars. The man in charge simply has to be good enough for it and stats and history suggests that English managers in the second division of English football have been the most successful.

Nothing racist about that view!! let me ask you a couple of questions big shot....

1. We are manager less and we are in the top 6 with 12 games left and we have a choice of three candidates a) Paul Ince   b) Steve bruce   c) random foreigner (never heard of)...which one would you trust with the remaining games to get us over the line? its nothing to do with were your from or colour of skin....its simply down to ability and past record. I know which one the majority would pick

2. On a similar thing...how many teams on the continent appoint English/British managers??? Answer....very few because they struggle!! Again nothing to do with nationality, colour of skin or anything like that. Its about the best person for the job!!

So wind your neck in...you've obviously read to much into something and got your lasses nickers in a twist over nothing!!

Not even Xenophobic mate...the opinion is simply based on ability and wanting the best person in charge. If Pep Gaurdiola or even that Marco Silva, the chap from Fulham came to Hillsborough i would be delighted but picking second rate managers from teams and divisions most didn't even know existed isn't the way forward.

I know mate......I did say could be argued.

19 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well yes you are. You can have an opinion on him, but wanting him sacked is daft. 

He took over a sinking ship destined for relegation after Carlos and Bullen. He steadied it. But its not always going to be plain sailing. He's experimented a little. He deserves a chance next season after a full pre season and hopefully some new signings.

For what it's worth, I'm optimistic about next season. Think we'll finish top half easily.

I’m sorry but I have to disagree

We have a had a horrific injury situation, but he’s still had millions of pounds worth of footballer to call on, many managers in this division have nothing like that luxury and have managed to out perform us, ie Millwall, Cardiff, Pigs, Ipswich, Preston, Brentford, QPR etc

We need a manager who knows this league and can motivate these players, and have them walking out feeling 10 feet tall on match days. That’s how you are successful in the championship

It worries me when the manager says "he doesn't know what happened in the first half". There are many aspiring managers on here that can tell him exactly what happened and went wrong. I was sat on the fence till this latest comment but am now beggining to doubt him.

12 hours ago, ramone said:

The truth is, Carlos took us to 6th and 4th in the division. Jos wont get us anywhere near that.

This season...

Played    Points

Carvalhal         23           27

Bullen                3             3

Luhukay          16           17

Pretty much identical records, but at least Luhukay has the excuse of inheriting someone else's mess plus the worst injury crisis I can remember. For several weeks I think we had 9 of our starting 11 unavailable.

11 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

This season...

Played    Points

Carvalhal         23           27

Bullen                3             3

Luhukay          16           17

Pretty much identical records, but at least Luhukay has the excuse of inheriting someone else's mess plus the worst injury crisis I can remember. For several weeks I think we had 9 of our starting 11 unavailable.

Another one suffering from memory loss...

Did Carlos not have similar injuries...? Or is the injury excuse only stretching Jos because thats convenient for you? 

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Did Carlos not have similar injuries...? Or is the injury excuse only stretching Jos because thats convenient for you? 

The injury position for Jos is extremely inconvenient.

He has inherited an injury hit squad that were clearly not fit enough and on a bad downward spiral.

Lets not dress it up. The idea Jos could turn this shambles around quickly is a fantasy.

He has had to contend with the mess he has inherited. It is one hell of a mess and that's not just the injuries. He has to sort out a group of players where the previous manager had a relaxed management style, where players were comfortable. The whole culture needed changing.

At least give the guy a pre season to prepare the squad his way and judge him on next season, rather than your delusional view of where CC left us.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Guest Bulgaria
On 11/04/2018 at 12:44, Sonny said:

We’ve done rubbish with rubbish resources, that’s all I think.

That rubbish comprehensively beat a good derby side, gave a strong villa a good game and held a premiership side and really should have beaten them had João not fluffed his lines in the last minute.

So basically this so called rubbish are capable of matching the top sides. They just need a man In charge to get the best out of them

Imo.

Just now, Bulgaria said:

That rubbish comprehensively beat a good derby side, gave a strong villa a good game and held a premiership side and really should have beaten them had João not fluffed his lines in the last minute.

So basically this so called rubbish are capable of matching the top sides. They just need a man In charge to get the best out of them

Imo.

Even Sunderland spanked Derby, every dog has its day.

The resources we’ve had at our disposal since Christmas are largely unfit reserves who aren’t good enough. Otherwise let’s just flog Nando, Hooper, Bannan and Lees. We don’t need better players, or even fit ones.

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Imo.

Bang on the money my friend

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

He has inherited an injury hit squad that were clearly not fit enough and on a bad downward spiral.

Lets not dress it up. The idea Jos could turn this shambles around quickly is a fantasy.

He has had to contend with the mess he has inherited. It is one hell of a mess and that's not just the injuries. He has to sort out a group of players where the previous manager had a relaxed management style, where players were comfortable. The whole culture needed changing.

At least give the guy a pre season to prepare the squad his way and judge him on next season, rather than your delusional view of where CC left us.

I was waiting for it, and you delivered. Thanks

8 hours ago, ramone said:

Well, quite the opposite actually. Carlos had almost a fully fit team for the first few months of this season, and we were still poor and getting worse. Luhukay hasn't had that luxury (or anything approaching it) in a single game, so bringing up "similar" injuries to compare both is ridiculous.

I'm certainly no happy clapper, because I was happy to tell people early into his second season how Carlos was taking us nowhere. I'd probably even swap Jos for Mick McCarthy right now if you offered me the opportunity.

However, Jos has been here for what - three months? He had no money to spend in January and had barely seen his squad before the window closed. He inherited a squad full of inadequate, unfit, unmotivated and overpaid players, and he inherited it all from Carlos Carvalhal, the man responsible for it. Let's bear some of this in mind and give Jos a genuine chance before we rush to judgement.

7 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Bottom para is bang on - some fans still clearly can’t get over the fact CC has left the building.  

Its almost as if there isn’t anyone else on the planet who can manage this football club ather than Carlos.

..As such giving JL any sort of chance is totally anathema. 

As for the facts? Not important. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
9 hours ago, ramone said:

It's worth you checking Ramone. Jos has had far worse if it in terms injuries. 

14 hours ago, ramone said:

There is simply no comparison between the resources they have had available and it is utterly fraudulent to suggest otherwise. Here's a list of some of the major players in our squad and their appearances this season, and then some of the Academy team who have been relied on out of necessity...

Carvalhal          Luhukay                                                                        Carvalhal          Luhukay

(29 games)       (20 games)                                                                     (29 games)       (20 games)

Westwood                  18                      0                                                    Wildsmith                  8                      20

Lees                           20                      8                                                    Dawson                     0                       4

van Aken                    13                      0                                                   Thorniley                    0                       8

Hutchinson                   5                      2                                                    Nielsen                      0                       3

Bannan                       23                     4                                                     O'Grady                    0                        1          

Lee                             15                      0                                                     Clare                        0                        5          

Wallace                       21                     4                                                     Stobbs                      0                        3 

Forestieri                      3                      4

Hooper                        24                     0                                                     TOTALS                   8                      44

Fletcher                       20                     0

TOTALS                    162                   22

Yeah, you're right. The injury problems they have suffered have been almost exactly the same.

:laugh: