Is something not right about Jos?

Word before was that Jos likes his defences tight. Would keep things tight at the back. 

The eveidence points to the complete opposite. We are leaking goals easily and can get overwhelmed, even with injuries slowly clearing up. 

I know building a team is a long process but a manger, whose reputation is on solid defending and keeping the opposition in check, it doesn’t seem to be turning out that way. 

Is Jos able to cut the mustard in the cut and thrust of English football?

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I suppose he has guided us away from danger as required. But in terms of getting us up my gut feel is that he is not the man.

I mean.. We are 17th, still not mathematically safe with 4 games to spare and our form under his tenure has still been a horror show. 

I think you're giving him a great deal of credit by suggesting he's "guided us away" from anything. Id say its more that we've fell over the line thanks to Nuhiu suddenly turning into a footballer and a brief Bannan cameo. 

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

Maybe Jos can't wait to go back home..wherever that is...I bet he's holed up in an hotel away from friends and family leading a very lonely existence

So we’re leaking goal because Jos is lonely living in a travel tavern?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I mean.. We are 17th, still not mathematically safe with 4 games to spare and our form under his tenure has still been a horror show. 

I think you're giving him a great deal of credit by suggesting he's "guided us away" from anything. Id say its more that we've fell over the line thanks to Nuhiu suddenly turning into a footballer and a brief Bannan cameo. 

Not to mention the sides below being utter dog poo. Don’t buy this whole “he deserves a chance” testicles. Bloke makes bizarre formation choices and stands on the sidelines like a statue. Get rid. 

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

He's led us to 17 points in 16 games. Based on points per game that's almost identical with his predecessor who had many more options for most of the season. Under the circumstances he inherited, it's not terrible. 

• Like 1

If he goes at the end of the season then I for one will thank him and wish him all the best for his future. If he stays with us he will have my 100% backing until he proves he can take us no further. Even if it means a wasted season, I am intrigued to see what he can achieve with a fully fit squad and whatever players he can bring in.

WAWAW

UTO

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I don’t think so, at one stage we were in complete free fall and a relegation battle  was looming, he had to work with our second team to stop that. If a player does well under a manager and has unprecedented form then I think he deserves some credit, the same goes for Joao. Many managers would’ve persisted with Rhodes.

I’m not suggesting we have been decent under him but I think he has done what his initial task was. I would’ve liked to see a bit more aggression in the team defensively but I think we generally lack that as a team, partly due to the philosophy of a previous manager. The problem is I don’t know what Jos’ philosophy actually is and I think we need someone more proven in this league to help us move forward. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Why change the formation?  We had the perfect players to stay with a back 3, yet he plays Thorniley out of position at left back and Reach is still clowning around in midfield.  QPR are not a good side, but we were abysmal.  Back 5 with Reach at left wing back (or bench).  It’s so simple.  If not, I’m on the Jos our brigade.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think so, at one stage we were in complete free fall and a relegation battle  was looming, he had to work with our second team to stop that. If a player does well under a manager and has unprecedented form then I think he deserves some credit, the same goes for Joao. Many managers would’ve persisted with Rhodes.

I’m not suggesting we have been decent under him but I think he has done what his initial task was. I would’ve liked to see a bit more aggression in the team defensively but I think we generally lack that as a team, partly due to the philosophy of a previous manager. The problem is I don’t know what Jos’ philosophy actually is.

His philosophy certainly doesn't seem to include portraying himself as some hilarious wise ass.

• Haha 2

we need to see what he can do with a fully fit squad and maybe 2 or 3 additions in the summer ......he may well turn out to be wrong'un but theres no guarantees that his replacement will be any better and then what do we do sack him as well and turn into another leeds .......jos needs a fair crack at it and that's summat he hasn't had yet .