Is something not right about Jos?

1-0, 2-1 defeats with an understrength I can understand but for a defensive style manager, when we lose we get well and truly walloped. 

I do appreciate, he needs time to change the football philosophy but It’s both worrying and suspect in the manner we lose. 

Edited by M Royds

Guest mkowl
7 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Fact is he took over an unfit, patched up, and mentally weak squad. 

Nowts changed then 

Particularly the latter 

A mentally weak squad should not however have a change of formation and tactics thrust upon it for a midweek away game. We lost the game last night in the first 15 minutes due to that

First impressions were that he installed discipline, toughened us up and gave youth a chance; albeit due to the ridiculous injury crisis.

As he’s settled in, I’ve become more concerned that he’s out of his depth (exact words to me from someone behind the scenes) and that he hasn’t got the tactical nous to be successful in this league.

It’s a crazy opinion to have formed already when you consider, prior to last night, he’d masterminded three straight victories. But there’s just something in the back of my mind telling me he’s not the right man for the job.

Also, I know this is petty and it shouldn’t really matter, but it really irritates me that he shows no passion at all on the touchline; especially during that first half last night.

However, I just can’t a see a man like Nigel Pearson working with Chansiri.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

You look at the most successful managers in this league and the majority are English/British i.e. Bruce, Warnock, hughton, Duche and Pardew etc...

I am not disputing that foreign managers haven’t been successful because they have but more often than not they are a gamble and often a gamble that fails. I think the reasons behind it failing is time that is given but also at this level, the lack of funds most clubs provide. 

Utter racist drivel. You belong on Britain First, not a multiracial fan site for multiracial football club.

Edited by Rebowl Yell

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, ramone said:

I see the word experimentation banded about a lot today. All he did last night was break up a front 2 pairing of Nuhiu and Joao that had been working to shoe horn Forestieri into the side wide left. Playing a back 4 is hardly experimenting, we've been playing a back 4 in the previous 32 years of me watching Wednesday, I should hope we'd be used to it by now... 

You're right when you say about individual errors. He cant compensate for that. What he can do though is realise that Wildsmith has made a host of errors in the 4 months he;s been in the sticks and take him out. Thats what a smart manager would do. So I think its fair to say that you apportion blame on the manager there. 

I agree with change is needed. Big changes are needed to shake it up a bit. I'm not sure I trust Jos to do it. Especially given the fact his only introduction to the side is Joey and he's been, well, underwhelming to say the least. 

Fair points but in terms of trust, any new manager will be a punt. I'm happy with Jos's approach as I say.

I think it's clear that he is experimenting if somewhat under duress, I'd agree though that last night's experiments didn't pay off.

Your point regarding the front two is very pertinent IMO. FF simply has to be given game time. Jos has to find out the best way to utilise this prized asset but Joao, and especially Nuhiu, have cemented their starting places so there's a dilemma. There are different theories as to the best usage of FF by the experts on here and I'm sure that one will be right!

It's worth considering the wider picture too on both FF and Wildsmith. My belief is that, in addition to releasing all bar one of the out of contract players and loanees, we will have to sell a couple in the summer to fund the rebuilding. FF is one of the assets that has significant value which will only be increased by a good finish to the season by him in view of his long injury absence. Reach is another that might be vulnerable to being traded. Hooper would have been probably but for his injury. Not ideal but it's just how things are. 

As a young keeper Wildsmith will inevitably make gaffes. He's usually bounced back admirably in the past. There's a tricky balance between the damage to confidence in hooking him after a bad game and doing right by the team and also Dawson. Personally I think it's unrealistic to think we can keep both the excellent young keepers as each will have ambitions beyond years of understudying. I suspect that one might be sold. Wildsmith because of his experience might have a greater value. Personally I think Dawson might be the better bet for us long term anyway but not cut and dried.

4 hours ago, ramone said:

Fair point, but i'm sure you understand my point. It not really why we pay the highest ticket prices in the league is it?

Were you complaining about the ticket prices while we were signing the likes of Fessi, Bannan and Hooper? No course not, it’s only

bad because most of our best players are currently injured but if they weren’t we’d all be having another great season and ticket prices would mean nowt. Of course if you’d prefer we went back to signing the likes of Maghoma and Maguire...

Just now, Rebowl Yell said:

Were you complaining about the ticket prices while we were signing the likes of Fessi, Bannan and Hooper? No course not, it’s only

bad because most of our best players are currently injured but if they weren’t we’d all be having another great season and ticket prices would mean nowt. Of course if you’d prefer we went back to signing the likes of Maghoma and Maguire...

Yeah, I was

• Haha 1

4 Occasions we have been "walloped" as Roydsi calls it, 4 goals scored against us, once under coco 2.4 against United at home,  and 3 times under the newest coco 2.4 against Villa at home, 0.4 away at Bristol City and now 2.4 away at QPR.......

Carlos did great in his first season, got lucky the second and got totally found out this season, sorry but both him and Jos spend a lot of time outta work for a reason,just as Ginger does

Edited by steveger

43 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Nowts changed then 

Particularly the latter 

A mentally weak squad should not however have a change of formation and tactics thrust upon it for a midweek away game. We lost the game last night in the first 15 minutes due to that

They're professional footballers....playing a fairly standard formation shouldn't be beyond their capability. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
29 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Utter racist drivel. You belong on Britain First, not a multiracial fan site for multiracial football club.

Out of order IMO. Xenophobic you could argue but racist is clearly wrong.

I'm a part time Xenophobe, suits my schedule much better than being full time...

Plus I don't hate everyone as I love the Israelis, Dutch, Aussies and the brave Kurdish people

Most Scandinavians are really nice people too.....

Racism's so wrong on every level, and skin colour means nothing.... it's about how people make choices in life :ph34r:

Edited by steveger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Those that don’t think Jos’s appointment has had any factor in us staying up clearly don’t think he’s the right man. However, those hat think he is the right man because he’s perceived as keeping us up doesn't necessarily mean he’s the right man equally.

I personally think it falls somewhere in between. I believe Jos has had a positive influence in keeping us safe. We were in free fall under Carlos and it’s now apparent he was neglectful in the latter months of his term. Just look at some of the comments made by senior players since he’s left.

Is he the right man to fulfil his remit which we all safely assume is to make us into a play off side at the very least again? On the evidence so far I understand why some fans think he isn’t. For me DC has two clear choices. Back Jos as best he can (no reason to doubt he won’t) OR let him go and get a tried and tested British coach at top end Champ level. There is one that’s available that’s just left Ipswich who has guided Wolves to promotion out of the Champ. There is also a guy who once did it with their nearest rivals who is also available. I would be happier with the latter in all honesty.

What DC certainly doesn’t want to do is get rid of Jos and replace him with another relatively unknown foreign coach new to English football. I know Jos’s English is better than my Dutch but he way he comes across isn’t exactly inspiring. I know that’s only a small part of it but small margins count at Champ level.

Edited by OasisOwl72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ramone said:

I see the word experimentation banded about a lot today. All he did last night was break up a front 2 pairing of Nuhiu and Joao that had been working to shoe horn Forestieri into the side wide left. Playing a back 4 is hardly experimenting, we've been playing a back 4 in the previous 32 years of me watching Wednesday, I should hope we'd be used to it by now... 

You're right when you say about individual errors. He cant compensate for that. What he can do though is realise that Wildsmith has made a host of errors in the 4 months he;s been in the sticks and take him out. Thats what a smart manager would do. So I think its fair to say that you apportion blame on the manager there. 

I agree with change is needed. Big changes are needed to shake it up a bit. I'm not sure I trust Jos to do it. Especially given the fact his only introduction to the side is Joey and he's been, well, underwhelming to say the least. 

The money was spunked by his predecessor who then fried the squad

JL has had a few beans to spend and virtually nothing to work with until late.

Judging him in this context and over such a short space of time is somewhat unfair.

You were prepared to back Carlos to a level that was beyond reasonable - his successor deserves a similar level of support, especially as he has actually achieved some success elsewhere. 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

They're professional footballers....playing a fairly standard formation shouldn't be beyond their capability. 

The main part of my comment was the "mentally not strong" part

I agree it should be straightforward, but when you are not confident it shows 

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

hahahaha...what a clown you are!! only one person made any remark about race and that's you!!!

He’s a Trolling WUM. Made some outrageous comments in other sections and admitted to WUMMING. 

Take a chill pill and ignore. 

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

What are you talking about?? My opinion is based on nothing more than facts. English managers who understand the English game often succeed more than foreigners who struggle to pick up on the demands of the league. I couldn't care less if the man in charge is black, white, pink, English, Spanish, Bulgarian or from Mars. The man in charge simply has to be good enough for it and stats and history suggests that English managers in the second division of English football have been the most successful.

Nothing racist about that view!! let me ask you a couple of questions big shot....

1. We are manager less and we are in the top 6 with 12 games left and we have a choice of three candidates a) Paul Ince   b) Steve bruce   c) random foreigner (never heard of)...which one would you trust with the remaining games to get us over the line? its nothing to do with were your from or colour of skin....its simply down to ability and past record. I know which one the majority would pick

2. On a similar thing...how many teams on the continent appoint English/British managers??? Answer....very few because they struggle!! Again nothing to do with nationality, colour of skin or anything like that. Its about the best person for the job!!

So wind your neck in...you've obviously read to much into something and got your lasses nickers in a twist over nothing!!

1 hour ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Out of order IMO. Xenophobic you could argue but racist is clearly wrong.

Not even Xenophobic mate...the opinion is simply based on ability and wanting the best person in charge. If Pep Gaurdiola or even that Marco Silva, the chap from Fulham came to Hillsborough i would be delighted but picking second rate managers from teams and divisions most didn't even know existed isn't the way forward.

11 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

hahahaha...what a clown you are!! only one person made any remark about race and that's you!!!

Thats it turn the racist card back on me! Admit it, you want all our players and management staff to be English don’t you? You probably would like Dave Allen back too. Evil, pure evil.