Eight strikers on the Sheffield Wednesday books

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 07.32.57.jpg

We have eight first team strikers currently at the club (9 if you included the mighty George Hirst)

How many of the above 8 players would you expect us to keep hold of for next season, and who can you see being swapped out for another?

Can't see much future for Sam Winnall realistically given the rumoured friction that was caused when he was here

Personally think Jos and Nuhiu get along like a house on fire and the big lad's benefitting too banging in the goals so can't see Jos wanting to offload him unless Luhukay is brutal in his transfer dealings (we dont' know yet)

Matias could be given the benefit of the doubt under a new fitness regime too? (same with Fletcher and Hooper?)

Also what about the policy of not selling players? Will this continue under Mr Chansiri or will Jos force a rethink on it?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest addedtime

Get rid of 7 and 9.

Please don't delete this post Neil.....

Oh and number 19, because of his ridiculous eyebrows.

Edited by addedtime
Missed a bit

4 minutes ago, addedtime said:

Get rid of 7 and 9.

Please don't delete this post Neil.....

Oh and number 19, because of his ridiculous eyebrows.

Neil doesn't delete posts he politely removes them lol

I'd stick with Nuhiu (on current form), Joao, Hooper and Forestieri. There are obvious question marks against the others. Hirst, I believe is a goner. Borukov looks promising.

Anyway my opinion is San fairy Ann. Jos will know what to do.

Guest wilyfox

Keep Hooper, Forestieri, Joao, and Nuhiu.

Sell or loan the rest where possible.

Sign 1 or 2 new depending on finances. 

Strikers this year 42 goals.

Strikers last year 34 goals. 

And the way our our strikers are currently banging them in that could stretch to 50 this year.

Clearly our goal scoring issues are elsewhere on the field. 

FF 12

Fletch 10

Hooper 6

Rhodes 3

Winnall 3

Hooper 11

Nuhiu 10 (yes, ten)

Joao 9

Rhodes 6

Fletcher 3

Forestieri 1

Winnall 1

Matias 1

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Strikers this year 42 goals.

Strikers last year 34 goals. 

And the way our our strikers are currently banging them in that could stretch to 50 this year.

Clearly our goal scoring issues are elsewhere on the field. 

FF 12

Fletch 10

Hooper 6

Rhodes 3

Winnall 3

Hooper 11

Nuhiu 10 (yes, ten)

Joao 9

Rhodes 6

Fletcher 3

Forestieri 1

Winnall 1

Matias 1

None of our strikers have been  prolific have they? Honestly I think it depends on who we get a good offer for on who we sell (if we are at FFP limit). Any of them could go. Can't carry 8 in the squad - would be difficult to motivate all of them and that's wages that could be spent in other much needed areas.

Jos has worked wonders with Nuhiu and Joao. who's to say he can't do the same with the rest of them.

If we sold most of them or none of them. These last 3 games has made me believe Jos may know what he is doing after all.

We can ship some out and get cash in great if not then. Happy with them. 

Wingbacks should be our greatest priority in the summer as they literally can win you promotion if they are good enough especially when they provide the majority of your wing play.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Jos has worked wonders with Nuhiu and Joao. who's to say he can't do the same with the rest of them.

If we sold most of them or none of them. These last 3 games has made me believe Jos may know what he is doing after all.

We can ship some out and get cash in great if not then. Happy with them. 

Wingbacks should be our greatest priority in the summer as they literally can win you promotion if they are good enough especially when they provide the majority of your wing play.

WTF: