No Almen Abdi today

The club could do a little better with it's communications on injuries

We need something to stop all the rumours and panic

The current method/strategy of communications isn't working

No other teams we're fighting against will be anxiously nervous in case Abdi or Matias is coming back or injured so let's hear a bit more ideally and put paid to the worry

Owlstalk Shop

For me he is our biggest disappointment signing over last teo seasons. Looked excellent im prem and remember watching him close up destroy our midfield the year they went up, been said before but watford must have known something

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The club could do a little better with it's communications on injuries

We need something to stop all the rumours and panic

The current method/strategy of communications isn't working

No other teams we're fighting against will be anxiously nervous in case Abdi or Matias is coming back or injured so let's hear a bit more ideally and put paid to the worry

Agree

By the way when is Mattias back?

Don't tell me. A fortnight?

We need to forget all about Abdi. Even if by some miracle he got himself back to something like full fitness he's hardly played regular football in two years and will be what, 32 next season? It would be incredible if he returned to anything like what he was at Watford - almost as incredible as the way his career has disintegrated since we signed him. 

He's had it. Move on. If we get a dozen games out of him between now and when his contract ends I'll be surprised. 

Nothing against the guy, I'm sure he doesn't want to be injured all the time, but for some strange reason his body is obviously no longer up to the rigours of professional football so hopefully he'll do the decent thing and agree to have his contract cancelled in the summer. 

1 minute ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Agree

By the way when is Mattias back?

Don't tell me. A fortnight?

Haha yes! 

Jos said this week the injury has taken longer than they thought and he'll be another 2-3 weeks.

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

This generations Scott Oakes and Simon Donnelly. 

Phil Scott was the frustrating one for me - looked great in the handful of games he played for us but never recovered from the first injury he picked up with us in late 98...

Lordy, I hope this generation doesn't take after that one -  the amount of talent we had ruined by injuries (McKeever, Billington, every single Scot except Steve Nicol we signed in that period, Ryan Jones a few years earlier) was horrendous.

Him and Matias are both pretty pathetic tbh 

Out for 3 months. Make the bench a couple of times. Play for 10 minutes. Out for 3 months.....round and round we go

My conclusion is that neither of them fancy it, and they are just happy to pick up a wage 

1 hour ago, Ironman said:

Its an absolute farce. How can he come back once every 6 months make the bench a couple of times then disappear. Unbelievable.

Can only see it being contractual/financial implications, thers no other logical answer