No Almen Abdi today

24 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

Phil Scott was the frustrating one for me - looked great in the handful of games he played for us but never recovered from the first injury he picked up with us in late 98...

Lordy, I hope this generation doesn't take after that one -  the amount of talent we had ruined by injuries (McKeever, Billington, every single Scot except Steve Nicol we signed in that period, Ryan Jones a few years earlier) was horrendous.

Now you've said that I think it's Phil Scott I was thinking of. 

We've had that many crocked parasites over the years it's hard to keep track. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, debram said:

Can only see it being contractual/financial implications, thers no other logical answer

He cannot possibly be getting bonus money for appearences on the bench can he? the club needs to tell it’s supporters wtf is going on with him.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The club could do a little better with it's communications on injuries

We need something to stop all the rumours and panic

The current method/strategy of communications isn't working

No other teams we're fighting against will be anxiously nervous in case Abdi or Matias is coming back or injured so let's hear a bit more ideally and put paid to the worry

I've thought this on more than a few occasions this season.

If Jos doesn't want to be the one to talk about injuries - and I'd understand if not because it's better he focuses on those that are fit - then he can get someone else to talk about the injuries.

Or at the very least have something on the website listing the current injuries. They can always allow it to be a week out of date if they're so worried about tipping off the opposition.

15 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

He cannot possibly be getting bonus money for appearences on the bench can he? the club needs to tell it’s supporters wtf is going on with him.

If only, we are treat as the waifers ime afraid

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Second only to Rhodes in the biggest waste of money table . 

Hes worse than rhodes - at least rhodes plays so we can see he’s shybo.

29 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Now you've said that I think it's Phil Scott I was thinking of. 

We've had that many crocked parasites over the years it's hard to keep track. 

Steve Adams? played every game in Plymouth's promotion season for Sturrock, signs for us and hardly ever played a game, only game I remember was Hull City when we scored in last minute to secure a place in play offs. Had a great game too. 

16 minutes ago, scram said:

bonus structures at clubs may differ a bit but generally being in the squad triggers the bonus payment - or at least a percentage of it

Wonder how much we’ve paid out in win bonuses recently?

I reckon Mr C is deliberately telling Jos to play young players so we don’t win, so he doesn’t have to pay win bonuses.

Of course I’m not being serious, but it won’t be long before someone repeats this as true. 

42 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

I remember when it came out that Jonk had a £3k appearance fee that was activated everytime he was in a matchday squad whether he got on the pitch or not and that's 20 odd years ago. 

36 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I remember when it came out that Jonk had a £3k appearance fee that was activated everytime he was in a matchday squad whether he got on the pitch or not and that's 20 odd years ago. 

Yeah think that might have been true - but people forget Wim Jonk was always fit and played week in week out whilst he was Wednesday.