Racism in English football

At Swansea last week we were stood in front of a racist old tool. At Burton away  other year a knuckle dragger decided to shout racist abuse at a young black steward just trying do his job and earn a bit of cash. 

Also had a run in with a bloke on the north stand who was shouting racist comments at some Brighton players during play off semi at S6.

10 hours ago, Watson said:

I do remember sporadic monkey chants at Hillsborough back in the 70's and 80's but it was never thankfully the norm, unlike some grounds.

Only, incident I recall is travelling on one of the football specials from Pond Street and the West Indian conductor was verbally abused by some 20-year-old lads when he offered to discuss it with them off the bus they went strangely quiet, he was I'm pleased to say well supported by many of his passengers.

Pleased to say that racism at Hillsborough is virtually a none issue.  

We are all gods children. 

Apart form Leeds fans of course. They aint gods children, there the devils spawn.

10 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I remember a banana being thrown at a black player taking a throw in during the mid 1980s. It definitely happened once, my memory is cloudy over whether it happened a couple of times. But the monkey chants didn't seem to be anything like as common as they were elsewhere.

It's alright though. He got in on the joke and, in retaliation, he threw his poop at the banana throwing cumberwold.

• Haha 1

I did experience an incident on the North during the first half of the Brighton playoff game. 

One of their players went down injured a couple if times (and was substituted straight after due to the injury). This older bloke started shouting abuse at him for cheating (going down for treatment) and calling him an n***** and a black c***. His basic point was that he was a "typical n*****" for cheating.

He was instantly put right by about 6 of us, most of the regulars in that sit in that area. In the big scheme of the crowd, there were a lot who just sat there ignoring him but there were at least 6 of us that were calling him out for it. His argument was that he has sat in that seat for years and that he paid his money so he could "say whatever the fizz I want." To which I pointed out that I had had the same season ticket seat for 6 years and I had never seen him before.

He disappeared at half time, never to return.

The irony is, the player wasn't even black. Frigging idiot!

That reminds me of Charlton away about a decade ago (when Wade Small scored a wondergoal for us). There was a bunch of teen Stone Island \ Burberry twunts behind us - one of them kept shouting about one of the black Charlton players "Kick him! Kick that n*****!"... to JJ.

Thankfully, they were wusses and piped down when my then-gf and I told them to STFU. Just as well; she would have kicked the crap out of them all...

11 hours ago, bowl said:

Done.

Thankfully that dismal I'd rather be a (   ) than a blade chant is a rarity these days.

I did nearly get my face smashed in during 2011? season for 

objecting to it being chanted in a pub in Rochdale.

As per above posts i don't think racism is a problem at Hillsborough these days.

Well....would ya?