Racism in English football

Hi everyone,
I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XRM2SV8

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season.

Done.

Thankfully that dismal I'd rather be a (   ) than a blade chant is a rarity these days.

I did nearly get my face smashed in during 2011? season for 

objecting to it being chanted in a pub in Rochdale.

As per above posts i don't think racism is a problem at Hillsborough these days.

I do remember sporadic monkey chants at Hillsborough back in the 70's and 80's but it was never thankfully the norm, unlike some grounds.

Only, incident I recall is travelling on one of the football specials from Pond Street and the West Indian conductor was verbally abused by some 20-year-old lads when he offered to discuss it with them off the bus they went strangely quiet, he was I'm pleased to say well supported by many of his passengers.

Pleased to say that racism at Hillsborough is virtually a none issue.  

We are all gods children. 

Edited by Watson

17 minutes ago, Watson said:

I do remember sporadic monkey chants at Hillsborough back in the 70's and 80's but it was never thankfully the norm, unlike some grounds.

I remember a banana being thrown at a black player taking a throw in during the mid 1980s. It definitely happened once, my memory is cloudy over whether it happened a couple of times. But the monkey chants didn't seem to be anything like as common as they were elsewhere.

59 minutes ago, burnleylad said:

Hi everyone,
I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XRM2SV8

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season.

I’ll do it... But only if we can have your manager please? 

• Haha 1

Survey done.

For what it is worth, I think social media is helping to stamp out racism, not increase it. Yes it gives idiots a voice but they would have a voice in more damaging ways anyway.

What social media is very good at is getting people who hold those views shot down by the general populus. 

In my opinion, social media teaches people what is unacceptable much more than it does make things acceptable.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Got hassled in airport in Germany and copper laid his hands on sir mo numerous times despite being told you can't touch me.

Sir mo filmed it live to Instagram and still saying you can't touch me 

Bit confused. Why can't he touch him? Was he searched? Was it because he is British or because he was travelling by air? 

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

It looked like he was shoving him out.

Unless they think you are carrying narcotics or explosives then no they can't touch you.

Shoving him out of what? The airport?

So they can only search for drugs or explosives? Why would Mo Farrar be carrying drugs or bombs? 

Don't ever see or hear much from my premium seat on the south stand at hillsborough, but when I'm in with the riff raff at away matches there always seems to be at least one old man who's a right tail. The kind who goes to matches alone and just spouts of racism, homophobia or islamophobia whenever anyone talks to him. Just gotta not and say 'yeah alright pal' and walk on. 

Seem to remember there was some trouble at Brentford away this season too - But the rest of the fans reported it and the stewards handled the situation quickly