Toxic at S6 from top to bottom

Don't think I've known it as thoroughly rotten through and through in all the 46 years I've been watching Wednesday. From the chairman to the players to the fans. It's utterly toxic down at Hillsborough and I fear the worse.

We might just stay up because of the poorer teams below us this season but this has got all the makings of wilderness written all over it. Not just the wilderness of being out of the premier league for 18 years but potentially much much worse.

What's happening to the club we love?

Edited by leetheowl

6 minutes ago, leetheowl said:

Don't think I've known it as thoroughly rotten through and through in all the 46 years I've been watching Wednesday. From the chairman to the players to the fans. It's utterly toxic down at Hillsborough and I fear the worse.

We might just stay up because of the poorer teams below us this season but this has got all the makings of wilderness written all over it. Not just the wilderness of being out of the premier league for 18 years but potentially much much worse.

That is a BIG claim to make. Based on? What makes you say this?

I won’t contest things in certain areas have gone wrong but you’re talking like we are on the verge of administration etc. It’s a tad OTT.

As you say, were in a right whole mess and there are no signs that next season will be any different, we have a blend of over the hill, poor and injury prone players with few exceptions, a chairman who simply needs better advice but seems to stubborn to accept that, a major clear out and overhaul is required but may not be that easy due to current contracts, I really think we need a proven english manager to steady the ship but have no faith in dc to act sensibly, the future looks grim at present.

Just now, Will69 said:

That is a BIG claim to make. Based on? What makes you say this?

I won’t contest things in certain areas have gone wrong but you’re talking like we are on the verge of administration etc. It’s a tad OTT.

Based on the 46 years of watching them mate. 

Just now, leetheowl said:

Based on the 46 years of watching them mate. 

So, compared to the days where we were hours from extinction. The days where our own club was being run by morons willing to sue our own fans. Where debt and misdealings we’re putting the club on a long term path to lower level football you think NOW we are “toxic from top to bottom”?

Sorry, I don’t agree. Things have gone wrong in certain areas and badly so but you’re going too far.

cant really argue with that.  I also wouldn't rule administration out, everything about our club has been run so badly why should we be confident about that we wont go into administration? if I was chansiri I would ditch all his advisers and ring milan up and start getting proper advise 

• Haha 1

All a bit dramatic. Things were worse under DA in my view.

Much depends on how the Chairman deals with whats been done badly.

If he's learned and does thing differently we'll be ok. If he hasn't and doesn't then I'll get worried.

15 minutes ago, leetheowl said:

Give over. 

This isn’t the Dave Allen era. We aren’t protesting under the stand, on the pitch, or being sued by the club. 

We just have a really unbelievable injury situation and we are all struggling to come to terms with it. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, debram said:

As you say, were in a right whole mess and there are no signs that next season will be any different, we have a blend of over the hill, poor and injury prone players with few exceptions, a chairman who simply needs better advice but seems to stubborn to accept that, a major clear out and overhaul is required but may not be that easy due to current contracts, I really think we need a proven english manager to steady the ship but have no faith in dc to act sensibly, the future looks grim at present.

Yes, definitely - you've hit the nail on the head there, cant argue with any of that

• Thanks 1

last night was toxic, if ever loovens went back to wildsmith the fans groaned but if lees did they stayed silent

we are waiting on certain players to make mistakes so we can hound them, there's no wonder we are playing so bad, they won't even want the ball

if you think there's 3 teams worse than us then you're deluded, we still have bolton, sunderland, hull, reading & QPR all to play as well. 

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, leetheowl said:

Rhubarb,Rhubarb,Rhubarb

It's toxic at the very top, and the rest follows from that.

Were we relegated this season, it would be akin to what happened when we dropped from the PL.

And we've not recovered from that yet, almost 2 decades on.

It's one thing going down when you've spent nowt, and have players on relatively low wages, but it's quite another in our circumstances.

Players who wouldn't play in the Third, players who'd want to leave, whom other clubs could get on the cheap as a consequence.

Di Canio, but many times over.

It's horrendous.

39 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

cant really argue with that.  I also wouldn't rule administration out, everything about our club has been run so badly why should we be confident about that we wont go into administration? if I was chansiri I would ditch all his advisers and ring milan up and start getting proper advise 

Clueless

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

Give over. 

This isn’t the Dave Allen era. We aren’t protesting under the stand, on the pitch, or being sued by the club. 

We just have a really unbelievable injury situation and we are all struggling to come to terms with it. 

Were not protesting yet, but theres only so much the majority of the fanbase will take! DC is not beyond critisism, and i for one wont be licking his @rse like some on here just because hes chucked a few quid at us!

• Haha 1

If we were winning games, the behind the scenes stuff would pale into insignificance.

The main issues have been:

• Injuries to first team players.
  • CC's frankly disgusting recruitment record
  • Waiting far too long to make a change from CC
  • Taking a chance on a foreign manager who is unproven at Championship level

If those points had been acknowledged we'd probably be up near where the action is and just moaning about the ticket prices and lame 150th celebrations...but they haven't so it all an utter shitstorm.

6 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Were not protesting yet, but theres only so much the majority of the fanbase will take! DC is not beyond critisism, and i for one wont be licking his @rse like some on here just because hes chucked a few quid at us!

Agree that I think many people are blinded by Chansiris money.

I don't think he is a bad bloke and wouldn't go to a protest about him or anything. Can understand why fans a Blackpool, Blackburn and Coventry would though with people running them.

But Chansiri has money but used it very unwisely. Like me having a top of the range BMW but no driving licence.

Cant guarantee wouldn't  do a bit of booing on Saturday if frustration gets the better of me.

Best way to protest is not to go.