Toxic at S6 from top to bottom

I was miffed when Chansiri  scrapped tradition and upped prices to make us a bit of a pariah and sold it as a way to chase success.  I understand why that was seen as a bit old fashioned by people who were happy to sacrifice things to get into the Premier League - although I was surprised about how vehement Chansiri's supporters were and how dismissive they were of people who thought differently from them. For some reason doubting Chansiri made them angry.

Now we've failed in the chase maybe some fans are actually feeling what we've lost  - even if it's only subconsciously.  That could be why despite things being worse in our history people are kicking off. Or maybe it's because there's more drama queens about now. Or maybe it's a combination of the two.

5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

All a bit dramatic. Things were worse under DA in my view.

Much depends on how the Chairman deals with whats been done badly.

If he's learned and does thing differently we'll be ok. If he hasn't and doesn't then I'll get worried.

This has all the signs of turning into another Allen saga. Someone is obviously turning up the heat on supporters forums from what Neil has said about us not being able to mention certain hangers on who have a grip on the club. The atmosphere  between the club and supporters is toxic and someone is determined to silence supporters on certain issues as they  don't like the questions we are asking. 

Have we hit a nerve ? 

Are we getting too close to the truth for their liking  ? 

Who knows , but someone doesn't like us asking questions. 

And I'd bet this is due isn't allowed to be discussed at  the meeting on Friday.  

7 hours ago, leetheowl said:

Don't think I've known it as thoroughly rotten through and through in all the 46 years I've been watching Wednesday. From the chairman to the players to the fans. It's utterly toxic down at Hillsborough and I fear the worse.

We might just stay up because of the poorer teams below us this season but this has got all the makings of wilderness written all over it. Not just the wilderness of being out of the premier league for 18 years but potentially much much worse.

What's happening to the club we love?

Well, we are in a mess with unprecedented money spent (wasted?) on the team which is now completely dispirited to an extent that I am not sure the return of some of our better players (Hooper, Forestieri, Lee, Bannan or Hutchinson) will necessarily solve. We have also missed two good chances to get into the Premier League. But if you have been supporting the club for 46 years, I am assuming that you can remember the very late 60s and the early 70s. Things were a lot lot worse in those days.We went down to Division 3 for the first time in our history and only just missed Division 4?  Do you remember Danny Williams as manager? Do you remember missing relegation to Division 4 by a single point in 1976? And our centenary year in 1967/68 when we only just missed relegation from Division 1 (a precedent for this season)?

I have a year left on my 3 year season ticket and will not be extending by another 5 years - I will see where we are this time next year. I certainly don't want a season ticket which doesn't run out until I am 76 years old if we are watching garbage from League 1 (Division 3)!

Edited by Andrew Robinson
wrong layout

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Here we go

Debate.

Free Speech.

Differing opinions.

Remember?

No one's saying the fans are to blame, but they are a long way from perfect at the moment, even factoring in what we are being served up.

Or is any discussion about the fans not open for discussion?

Just now, bigthinrob said:

No one's saying the fans are to blame, but they are a long way from perfect at the moment, even factoring in what we are being served up.

Discuss away

It's not the fans fault

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think saying things are 'Toxic' is going a bit too far myself.

Would say atmosphere from a lot of fans last night was frustration and a growing sense of disillusionment on what direction the club is going in.

'Toxic' seems to be the fashionable word amongst the hip kids. We are a mess in many ways (and not just the obvious of injuries and budget) but that term is way off the mark and gloriously ignores many points in our history; some of it even quite recent.

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I was miffed when Chansiri  scrapped tradition and upped prices to make us a bit of a pariah and sold it as a way to chase success.  I understand why that was seen as a bit old fashioned by people who were happy to sacrifice things to get into the Premier League - although I was surprised about how vehement Chansiri's supporters were and how dismissive they were of people who thought differently from them. For some reason doubting Chansiri made them angry.

Now we've failed in the chase maybe some fans are actually feeling what we've lost  - even if it's only subconsciously.  That could be why despite things being worse in our history people are kicking off. Or maybe it's because there's more drama queens about now. Or maybe it's a combination of the two.

You talk a lot of sense. 

Desist fortwith! 

14 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

'Toxic' seems to be the fashionable word amongst the hip kids. We are a mess in many ways (and not just the obvious of injuries and budget) but that term is way off the mark and gloriously ignores many points in our history; some of it even quite recent.

It's good to be called a hip kid at 53, thanks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Debate.

Free Speech.

Differing opinions.

Remember?

Some Wednesday fans are a bit demanding this season I agree but dont think any different from any other club fans would be in our situation.

Over last few season brought record number of season tickets at record prices. Brought record number of replica shirts at record prices. 

Not sure anyone can say they have not overall backed Chansiri.

13 hours ago, Will69 said:

That is a BIG claim to make. Based on? What makes you say this?

I won’t contest things in certain areas have gone wrong but you’re talking like we are on the verge of administration etc. It’s a tad OTT.

No, I've been going since '73 and it's the worst I've felt. I accept a big part of this is from 18 months of optimism we're now in a pile elephant manure with no visible escape route. The big thing for me is that I've lost any trust I had in the chairman. 

I don't for one minute believe he is as emotionally invested as he makes out and that makes for rough seas ahead.

Its like we had the rug pulled from under our feet, it was totally avoidable.

Just now, CLswfc said:

Gone wrong is an understatement. In the past 2 years we have paid millions on players not even mentioning the wages and we are spirraling down the championship towards Div 1. Yes sodding division 1. If you dont think that is serious then god knows what is. Yes there is something extremely toxic at S6 from how its run to the people who are influencing the chairman ie Doyen, The chairman wouldnt know what a football was if it him square in the face. Forget about your comments on fans being sued etc, thats chip shop paper news, whats going off at present is todays news and very concerning.

Sorry but you have no idea. No way are things even close to the Allen era. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

As for Doyen, your call but don’t say anything you can’t prove in a court of law, that’s all I’ll say.

13 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Give over. 

This isn’t the Dave Allen era. We aren’t protesting under the stand, on the pitch, or being sued by the club. 

We just have a really unbelievable injury situation and we are all struggling to come to terms with it. 

And a chairman who hasnty got a clue how to run the club. You think the problems are just the injuries. Oh dear. 

Theres no getting away from the fact its been a shambles of a season,with all the high expectations,it bieng an anniversary season to boot,last 2 seasons in the play offs ect and looking where we currently find ourselves.

But.....the players will return from injury,wel hopefully freshen things up for the new season and wel go again,cant see it ever bieng this bad again injury wise,lets just face it were gunna have to write this one off and LEARN from the experience.

WAWAW

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

And a chairman who hasnty got a clue how to run the club. You think the problems are just the injuries. Oh dear. 

we may have other problems too but the injuries have been the main issue this season. Our reserve team isnt good enough for the championship but no suprises there

14 hours ago, leetheowl said:

Don't think I've known it as thoroughly rotten through and through in all the 46 years I've been watching Wednesday. From the chairman to the players to the fans. It's utterly toxic down at Hillsborough and I fear the worse.

We might just stay up because of the poorer teams below us this season but this has got all the makings of wilderness written all over it. Not just the wilderness of being out of the premier league for 18 years but potentially much much worse.

What's happening to the club we love?

Thing that is puzzelling is DC stated at the start that he wanted to run the club as a business within its means. Since then we have spunked a load on old players and are now skint. Think there are rotten elements in the club but DC is not crooked, just mis-guided in his approach. 

46 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Gone wrong is an understatement. In the past 2 years we have paid millions on players not even mentioning the wages and we are spirraling down the championship towards Div 1. Yes sodding division 1. If you dont think that is serious then god knows what is. Yes there is something extremely toxic at S6 from how its run to the people who are influencing the chairman ie Doyen, The chairman wouldnt know what a football was if it him square in the face. Forget about your comments on fans being sued etc, thats chip shop paper news, whats going off at present is todays news and very concerning.

Spot on mate. The whole thing stinks to high heaven .