Toxic at S6 from top to bottom

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

Give over. 

This isn’t the Dave Allen era. We aren’t protesting under the stand, on the pitch, or being sued by the club. 

We just have a really unbelievable injury situation and we are all struggling to come to terms with it. 

I think there's some fans that won't accept this as an excuse, whoever wears shirts they want Barcelona style football. 

I'm sorry but this ain't going to happen and hurling abuse from stands at players like Palmer and Fox won't help things, they make it worse.

Liam Palmer is Wednesday through and through and will be hurting as much as us, I've heard that Jack Stobbs was distraught on Saturday night after he received abuse at Bristol, this lad's been at club since the age of 8. 

4 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

If we were winning games, the behind the scenes stuff would pale into insignificance.

The main issues have been:

• Injuries to first team players.
  • CC's frankly disgusting recruitment record
  • Waiting far too long to make a change from CC
  • Taking a chance on a foreign manager who is unproven at Championship level

If those points had been acknowledged we'd probably be up near where the action is and just moaning about the ticket prices and lame 150th celebrations...but they haven't so it all an utter shitstorm.

Agree that if we have a winning side the off field stuff like price and no stripes wouldn't seem as important.

But I do think if a club is badly run off the field then on the pitch will suffer after a while. Think that what has happened at Wednesday.

With the team we have available, i'm not really shocked with the position we are in to be honest, however... I don't believe for 1 second we'll go down!

The managerial appointment was pathetic! his team selection, formation and approach is mind boggling - "Give him time" - MY A#SE !

:Chansiri:  

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I think there's some fans that won't accept this as an excuse, whoever wears shirts they want Barcelona style football. 

I'm sorry but this ain't going to happen and hurling abuse from stands at players like Palmer and Fox won't help things, they make it worse.

Liam Palmer is Wednesday through and through and will be hurting as much as us, I've heard that Jack Stobbs was distraught on Saturday night after he received abuse at Bristol, this lad's been at club since the age of 8. 

Don't get me wrong injuries have not helped but in the match squad last night we still had Rhodes, Reach, Almen Abdi, Loovens, Tom Lees, Dave Jones, Butterfield, Nuhiu. All very experienced players at this level.

When you are paying high ticket prices fans are going to be rightly or wrongly very demanding.

I agree giving stick to players like Palmer does not help but he is a very highly paid player and is expected to deal with it better.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Unfortunately our fan base has a lot of b@ll ends that cant kick a ball themselves! To abuse a young player like Stobbs is appalling and anybody that did it is a grade a w@nker! As for Palmer, he isnt good enough, nice lad and is wednesday through and through but for the sake of his own career i feel he needs to move on

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Don't get me wrong injuries have not helped but in the match squad last night we still had Rhodes, Reach, Almen Abdi, Loovens, Tom Lees, Dave Jones, Butterfield, Nuhiu. All very experienced players at this level.

When you are paying high ticket prices fans are going to be rightly or wrongly very demanding.

I agree giving stick to players like Palmer does not help but he is a very highly paid player and is expected to deal with it better.

It was cheaper last night. :biggrin:

This is where I question Jos, Abdi should have been brought on at some stage during second half.

Edited by bradowl

2 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Unfortunately our fan base has a lot of b@ll ends that cant kick a ball themselves! To abuse a young player like Stobbs is appalling and anybody that did it is a grade a w@nker! As for Palmer, he isnt good enough, nice lad and is wednesday through and through but for the sake of his own career i feel he needs to move on

TBF I've never rated Palmer, Hunt is only slightly better though.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Needing to win the last game of the season to avoid dropping into Division 4  suggests that we've had far worse times.

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

Give over. 

This isn’t the Dave Allen era. We aren’t protesting under the stand, on the pitch, or being sued by the club. 

We just have a really unbelievable injury situation and we are all struggling to come to terms with it. 

Nail hit squarely on the head mate!! No squad could cope with our injuries!! We even break em when they are on loan lol

9 minutes ago, itsonmyhead said:

Nail hit squarely on the head mate!! No squad could cope with our injuries!! We even break em when they are on loan lol

Well Hutch and Van Aken might be back Saturday after next all things being equal with Bannan maybe the week after. That should help give the team a but more quality, with them in last night we would probably have won.

It's tough at the moment but will get better.

We've had worse times. But the investment, money spent and players we've got in the squad to only be in a WORSE position than we were prior to Chansiri. Unbelievable. That's where the frustration is coming from. A season that promised so much that can and, I think will, end up a disaster.

Two years ago 40,000 of us were singing on mass despite losing a play off final with the realisation that we can be great again. Now we are in a relegation scrap in our so called celebration year watching well paid professionals repeatedly pass the ball to the oposition unchallenged.

I think we have a right to be a little upset and vocal.

11 minutes ago, ramone said:

Ticket prices - The root of the toxicity 

Spot on!

As soon as I saw ticket prices v Bristol City for first game of season in 2015 I knew they would be a backlash if we didn't have a winning team.

I know you could make it £5 a match and be some people who would moan but when you are paying Chansiri prices people (including myself) are generally a lot less patient.

1 hour ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Needing to win the last game of the season to avoid dropping into Division 4  suggests that we've had far worse times.

Don’t get ahead of yourself. That’s this time next year ! 

3 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

And yet the fans are exempt?

As a supporter of nearly 50 years I think I have been more than patient at the near constant failure of a club of this size. We only ever seem to mange 2 0r 3 decent seasons in every 20. All club's supporters moan when things are not going well, You think Arsenal and Chelsea forums are all sweetness right now despite all their success in the last 20 years?  I'm angry with things currenty because when Mr Chansiri took over it looked like at long last we had a chance to really progress. I know am like a mardy kid saying "It's not fair - why are we always so crap?" but I look at Wolves and Huddersfield and think why them and not us?

• Like 1