Subsidise travel

2 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

I went to that game on official coach and we paid.

The game we lost 4-0? I think Roland Nilson was Coventry manager. 

I remember it well because those I usually traveled to games with slagged me off because I didn't go on there mini bus. :duntmatter:

Edited by bradowl

56 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Id be tempted with that

Everton was three 1-1 draws..the first one at hillsbro was one of the loudest games ive been to..peter reid got the equaliser..chapman got at least one goal away in the purple/silver kit...then in the 4th match we were 5-0 down at half time..bit of a let down.

cane out at half time. it was like we forgot the offside rule. They were running through on goal at will!

13 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Replays are good just ask Newport county and how much money they got for it. Plus it gives fans a fantastic opportunity to play a top flight club away which they might never get again. 

Thats one of the reasons I’d get rid straight away.

Cup football should be a one off game, yet too many no mark teams set up to draw just for money 

They get a chance to play a top league team in the actual draw in the first place 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

I remember it well because those I usually traveled to games with slagged me off because I didn't go on there mini bus. :duntmatter:

It was an awful game.

Only Sheffield Wednesday could go to a club like Coventry needing a win and get hammered, with 41 year old Steve Ogrizovic making his swan-song and us debuting 38 year old Barry Horne.

I'm 38 now, so 38 doesn't really sound old.

But in 2000, when I was 21, 38 sounded like Horne was some kind of grand-dad.

It was awful.

But what a ground, Highfield Road was one for the purists.

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

And Arsenal ...after a while you had to play it on a nutural ground

You never had to play it on a neutral ground...it was first game at team a followed by replay at team b....then a throw to see who was at home in next and alternated after that.

only reason why we played at Leicester was that ours and Arsenal was unplayable due to weather but Leicester had an inflatable bubble thing so we played their to ensure the games were on

16 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Each to their own I guess 

I was just thinking how great it must of been for Newport fans to visit Wembley to see their own team.

The money from it must have kept Newport safe for quite some time 

Edit.totally hypothetical and if we beat Swansea and get Tottenham at home and draw. Would you still like penalties or a trip to national stadium 

The money would have been a huge boost to them, I read they are building improvements to their training ground off their 2 televised games.

I still believe the cup should be the cup, 1 off games decided on the day. Playing for a draw in a cup game just doesn’t sit right with me 

Ha ha Penalties 100% and that’s the truth. Not sure DC would agree tho 

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Wednesday lost 4-1 that day with a late consolation goal from Giles De Bilde. Remember it well as only goal I have see Wednesday score and some people booing it.

Also Roland Nilsson was not manager of Coventry at the time was Gordon Strachan.

32 minutes ago, Ian said:

You never had to play it on a neutral ground...it was first game at team a followed by replay at team b....then a throw to see who was at home in next and alternated after that.

only reason why we played at Leicester was that ours and Arsenal was unplayable due to weather but Leicester had an inflatable bubble thing so we played their to ensure the games were on

Correct .