Sean Clare first league start

One of the best Owls 90 min. debuts I’ve ever seen ! A ‘midfield general’ !

That’s how a midfielder should play - direct, positive, and be the root of the team’s attack. 

He defended well too, when needed, when we were under pressure. 

I thought that the midfield gelled really well and 

that massive gap between midfield and the front men was filled by him, Reach, and Pelupessy. Look what happens ! 

Well played Sean ! 

He wanted to be involved in everything. Free kicks, showing for throw ins, always available and willing to run at players. When we made the double sub at the end he was going round talking to players and encouraging em. He's a kid who has no fear. He was up against some decent players last night, ex prem players who know their stuff and he looked like he belonged. They clattered him at the end and he shrugged it off, he'll know why they did it and he rammed it back down their throats. Overall it was a fantastic debut. 

He did one thing that not many of our players can do - HE RAN AT THEIR DEFENCE... WITH THE BALL AT HIS FEET

So refreshing to see. Confident performance from the lad and always wanted the ball. Going up against more senior pro's like Huddlestone and Ledley he certainly didn't look out of place. Hope to see a bit more of this kid over the next few weeks. 

I wouldn't want us to lump all our hopes on him. At 21 i believe he should be further down the line in his progression than he is (ie. more senior appearances under his belt), not sure why that is... 

Lets not have a hissy fit if he's put in and out of the team. He'll need protecting and certain games will suit him more than others... 

11 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

He reminds me a bit of Deli Alli

Was just about to say the same, hopefully we get him signed to a deal that suits both parties 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, ramone said:

He did one thing that not many of our players can do - HE RAN AT THEIR DEFENCE... WITH THE BALL AT HIS FEET

So refreshing to see. Confident performance from the lad and always wanted the ball. Going up against more senior pro's like Huddlestone and Ledley he certainly didn't look out of place. Hope to see a bit more of this kid over the next few weeks. 

I wouldn't want us to lump all our hopes on him. At 21 i believe he should be further down the line in his progression than he is (ie. more senior appearances under his belt), not sure why that is... 

Lets not have a hissy fit if he's put in and out of the team. He'll need protecting and certain games will suit him more than others... 

Spot on and Jos had already highlighted the need to protect younger players.

He played excellently, especially for a debug. Looked a little timid with challenges early on and needed a bit of a wake up about the speed of tracking back required in the championship but he grew into the game really well. No concerns with him starting for the first 11 from now on when called upon and looked really promising. Lets get his contract sorted.

5 hours ago, ramone said:

50d that, even though he's cup-tied on Saturday, I'm gonna boo night and day until he returns to the starting line-up - Jos out.

• Haha 1