Sean Clare first league start

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Seems that having a player in the midfield who is happy to drive forward with the ball rather than being the same as all the other like for like midfielders really changes the character of the side.

You mean as well as Reach lol

I know what you mean. it makes a big difference to have some drive more centrally.

Such a breath of fresh air compared to the predictable, snail paced efforts of Wallace and Jones.

That midfield finally looks full of energy, like it could go for another 90 minutes if need be.

Let's hope the positive approach is here to stay. 

There were two driving runs that he made - one in each half - which I liked - A LOT!

Competed well. Gave a lot of energy. Was probably doing more defensive work than attacking (such was the nature of the game), but that was extremely promising for a full debut from the lad!

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Yeah he has been good, but much better out wide as he gets a bit restrained in the middle.

I disagree I think the energy he has in the middle is what makes him so good, he is better when he has less time to think. If he just had to do it he usually makes the quality pass or shot. Whereas when he’s got time to think he messes up.

His tackling is what let’s him down he hadn’t got one in him.

Clare has the attributes to play in the attacking midfielder role. Imagine if we could have Matias up top with Joao.... the two Clare Reach Boyd and Hunt - LEGS

16 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Seems that having a player in the midfield who is happy to drive forward with the ball rather than being the same as all the other like for like midfielders really changes the character of the side.

Who'd have thought it....

Not cc at least.