Jon Newsome comments

2 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Watson , it's part of their job to make tackles .I know it's no longer the age of Norman Hunter or even Tony Kay , but tackling is an essential art and skill as demonstrated by Worthy and Nillson and we need to get players skilled enough to do this .Standing off as we did for Barnsley's goal is simply not acceptable .

Maybe they’re scared of injury 

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Watson , it's part of their job to make tackles .I know it's no longer the age of Norman Hunter or even Tony Kay , but tackling is an essential art and skill as demonstrated by Worthy and Nillson and we need to get players skilled enough to do this .Standing off as we did for Barnsley's goal is simply not acceptable .

Not saying your wrong, I was just putting it forward as a possible reason why they didn't make the tackles.

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Did you just make that bit up?

He played most of his career in the top flight won the league with leeds and Norwich broke the bank to sign him.

He retired because of injury not fitness.

Jesus lets all slag the bloke off because he dares to speak out about fox and jones.

He played 10 games when Leeds won the league.

At around the 70 minute mark yesterday our makeshift defender, David Jones, went off injured after having only just slotted into that position.

On comes youth player Neilson with the game all-square.

He is essentially our last line of defence, if something happened to him, thats it.

You telling me you play Roy of the Rovers style with that on your mind?

25 minutes ago, Watson said:

Not caused no. But it doesn't help matters.   Too many fans on Social media who think that just because that they have an opinion that it's an opinion of merit.  Most opinions are just wild conjecture with little foundation, but the constant drip, drip of negativity has a corrosive effect on players.  If fans didn't think their opinions affected the players then they wouldn't give them.  

It's a similar effect to bullying after a while the abuse takes its toll or the bully wouldn't do it.  Human nature. 

You can’t compare it to bullying because this isn’t personal, and it’s done on the internet not face to face 

if stuff like this affects the players then they’re in the wrong profession. You need to be thick skinned. For 25k a week you can call me whatever you like lol 

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

I think it's pretty obvious what my point is.

But I said he won the title with leeds not how many games he played that season?

So by him only making 10 appearances is this your way of trying to discredit him or something ?

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You can’t compare it to bullying because this isn’t personal, and it’s done on the internet not face to face 

if stuff like this affects the players then they’re in the wrong profession. You need to be thick skinned. For 25k a week you can call me whatever you like lol 

Of course, its personal some fans can be downright obnoxious.  Seems to me your justifying it because they are well paid, why people should be abused because they are well paid is beyond me.  

More than a few cases of people taking their own lives because of bullying online but I guess that's OK as it's not face to face.

Listening to radio Sheffield. The ex Barnsley player got it about right I think. He said Barnsley won the 1st half and could've been 2 or 3 up by HT. He said we won the 2nd half and a draw was probably the right result but nobody would've been unhappy if barnsley had won.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Do you really think when on the pitch Jordan Rhodes is worried about what jon newsome is saying?  It’ll be the last things on his mind 

Blaming the current plight on negativity is the biggest bloody cop out 

It's part of the problem. I'm just pi$$ed off with all the constant sniping on here. Everyone's right and everyone's wrong. It's a chuffing grind on here at times :carlosswfc:

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

But I said he won the title with leeds not how many games he played that season?

So by him only making 10 appearances is this your way of trying to discredit him or something ?

He played a minimal part of the title winning season.

Ten games out of 42.

He didn't win a medal.

Edited by markowl

6 minutes ago, markowl said:

He played a minimal part of the title winning season.

Ten games out of 42.

So what? 

Did he get a medal - yes.

Was he part of leeds title winning side - yes.

Did Norwich break their transfer record for him - yes.

Did they vote him for their player of the season - yes .

Decent career even if blighted by injuries as for as im concerned for a lad from hindhouse...