Jon Newsome comments

He's entitled to his view. 

Furthermore, everyone seems to agree with pretty much everything he's saying. 

We are absolute dog w@nk and have been all season. 

The players, the club etc should be embarrassed by the absolute sh*te they've served up this season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mus said:

Reach, tackling not one of his strong points!

57 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Maybe that’s why he’s not in the injury room like the rest

Tbf I can’t actually think of a single one of our current injury list who got injured in a tackle. :duntmatter:

39 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He’s just part of the Negative Local Media problem that the club are having to put up with. I’m not saying there aren’t problems and I’m not saying the club shouldn’t be criticised but in some cases the local media reaction to all things Wednesday this season has contributed to the constant negativity that is surrounding the club at the moment.

Do you really think when on the pitch Jordan Rhodes is worried about what jon newsome is saying?  It’ll be the last things on his mind 

Blaming the current plight on negativity is the biggest bloody cop out 

Edited by FreshOwl

12 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Born in sheffield.

Went to hindhouse school.

Came through the youth system at Wednesday.

Yes he once played for leeds and was part of a side that won the title...but a leeds fan lol.

Makes a change from being accused of being a blunt lol

• Haha 1

I agree with J N - and I was there yesterday . 2nd team or not the minimum I expect is for professional players to show some desire and commitment to winning the ball .Very few of them showed this and although I can understand delicate forwards perhaps protecting their fragile legs from time to time , how can any player professing to be a defender or midfield player jump out of tackles or not contest a ball in the air ? It's pathetic . Very few of those playing yesterday have anything to play for apart from the pay packet . They know they wouldn't make the team under normal circumstances , so why risk possible injury by actually tackling the opposition .I would hope they find a little more pride and self - respect as the weeks go on , otherwise I fear the worst .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alan48 said:

I agree with J N - and I was there yesterday . 2nd team or not the minimum I expect is for professional players to show some desire and commitment to winning the ball .Very few of them showed this and although I can understand delicate forwards perhaps protecting their fragile legs from time to time , how can any player professing to be a defender or midfield player jump out of tackles or not contest a ball in the air ? It's pathetic . Very few of those playing yesterday have anything to play for apart from the pay packet . They know they wouldn't make the team under normal circumstances , so why risk possible injury by actually tackling the opposition .I would hope they find a little more pride and self - respect as the weeks go on , otherwise I fear the worst .

Or by pulling out of potentially dangerous tackles prevented them getting injuries.  I'm talking generally as I wasn't at the game and I respect that you were there.  Possibly could have been under orders.  We don't want to lose further players to injuries.  

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You don't really think that negativity from fans etc has caused us to be absolute poo this season? 

Not caused no. But it doesn't help matters.   Too many fans on Social media who think that just because that they have an opinion that it's an opinion of merit.  Most opinions are just wild conjecture with little foundation, but the constant drip, drip of negativity has a corrosive effect on players.  If fans didn't think their opinions affected the players then they wouldn't give them.  

It's a similar effect to bullying after a while the abuse takes its toll or the bully wouldn't do it.  Human nature. 

Watson , it's part of their job to make tackles .I know it's no longer the age of Norman Hunter or even Tony Kay , but tackling is an essential art and skill as demonstrated by Worthy and Nillson and we need to get players skilled enough to do this .Standing off as we did for Barnsley's goal is simply not acceptable .