Jon Newsome comments

To be honest, yesterday's game wasn't great, but I do think he's being excessive in his comments here.

I certainly wouldn't agree about it being a 'fortunate' draw.

It was disappointing that we seemed to play out the final 20 minutes content with a draw, but I could say precisely the same about Barnsley too; Barnsley were at home against a team with 14 first team players unavailable - and I hardly saw them 'going' for it at any point in that second half.

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Tell you what, some ex players turn into brilliant ex players when they retire. 

I know right, since when did Jon Newsome become the fountain of knowledge all things Wednesday? I’m sure he didn’t nesh at least one tackle throughout his career

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst he is entitled to his opinion as a paid pundit and as a fan I can't help but think there is a sinister undertone to his comments.

It started with the game he co-commentated on, continued with his column and now on Twitter.

He isn't essentially wrong with what he is saying, but I don't see how it helps to use his status to continually poking the hornets nest.

Especially when his own career peetered out in such a mediocre and injury plagued fashion.

• Like 3

I think Newsome's comments are a tad OTT to be honest.

It was a dreadful game of football. Two teams not really worthy of competing in the Championship.

But Barnsley edged the first half, and we certainly edged the second. A draw was a fair result imo. 

The players he must be referring to, re. pulling out of tackles, must be Reach and Palmer. Both neshed tackles in the first half. 

12 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Whilst he is entitled to his opinion as a paid pundit and as a fan I can't help but think there is a sinister undertone to his comments.

It started with the game he co-commentated on, continued with his column and now on Twitter.

He isn't essentially wrong with what he is saying, but I don't see how it helps to use his status to continually poking the hornets nest.

Especially when his own career peetered out in such a mediocre and injury plagued fashion.

Sinister undertone? Or is he just a wednesday fan that is also as pissedoff as you and me ?

Edited by TaxiMark

He's as much entitled to his opinion as any of us. The fact that he was once a professional and played for us  doesn't make his opinion any more justified than anyone on here. He is simply telling it as he sees it. Several of our top players are commenting on matches every day, and some of them talk some right crap IMO  But then they're expressing their views. That doesn't  make them any more bright or wrong than the average fan. Simply that they are getting paid for expressing what are nevertheless OPINIONS.

9 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

I fail to see what relevance that is to his comments . 

Newsome has been pretty much spot on all season . 

Brian laws said that he was unimpressed by Pulpessey in the games he had seen him , the sinister b'stard

Edited by hugeowl
Knocked one out

100% spot on and here we go again with fans defending spineless players who won't even put the very basics of effort in

These players are taking us down and a lot of it is to do with effort and desire - who honestly thinks their goal yesterday couldn't have been stopped?

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Sinister undertone? Or his he just a wednesday fan that is also as pissedoff as you and me ?

Well he has took his time, theres been plenty to be pissedoff about over the last few years but like a lot of so-called 'Wednesday People' they remained conspicuously silent during a lot of it.

He’s just part of the Negative Local Media problem that the club are having to put up with. I’m not saying there aren’t problems and I’m not saying the club shouldn’t be criticised but in some cases the local media reaction to all things Wednesday this season has contributed to the constant negativity that is surrounding the club at the moment.

• Thanks 1