Jon Newsome comments

4 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Reach is the biggest bottler of 50/50s ive seen since ...well Rudi.

Reach isn't really a defensive midfielder, but still not sure why he is getting singled out when he was one of our better players yesterday.

Despite this, he put in the most tackles of anyone in the team:

barns_sheffwed.PNG

8 minutes ago, leono said:

Reach isn't really a defensive midfielder, but still not sure why he is getting singled out when he was one of our better players yesterday.

Despite this, he put in the most tackles of anyone in the team:

barns_sheffwed.PNG

ha ha amazing

That should immediately shut the haters up

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I don't think I've ever played a game of football without making/winning a tackle and I am reallyshit.

Those stats are awful.

If you were in the first team right now would you risk injury having seen what's happened the last 18 months?

Or would you take it a bit easier and try to stay in the first team

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If you were in the first team right now would you risk injury having seen what's happened the last 18 months?

I'd risk injury and give 100% whilst knowing that if it happened I could head off somewhere nice and sunny and start a cooking vlog on Instagram.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure about this.

Ive never been 100% convinced by the “you get hurt by not commiting yourself 100% to a tackle” argument. It’s always seemed a little simplistic.

But on the other hand there’s a lot of ex pros that go by it.

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

By fuckingmiles too.

Some people just don’t like to have to change their opinion.

No idea why, I get it wrong all the time, it’s not a big deal, just part of life.

Ive always liked Reach, I could see why other didn’t. But I just can’t see how people don’t see that he’s come into his own this season.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In the short term Jos has no option but to keep playing people.

But long term, from what people have told me about him so far, that kind of attitude will get you binned.

Just now, NYCOWL said:

No idea why, I get it wrong all the time, it’s not a big deal, just part of life.

Ive always liked Reach, I could see why other didn’t. But I just can’t see how people don’t see that he’s come into his own this season.

Gets hammered for sometimes failing when in fact he very often seems to be the only one trying to make stuff happen.

Tackling not his strong point but control, passing, driving forward, crossing and shooting definitely are

4 hours ago, cowl said:

To be honest, yesterday's game wasn't great, but I do think he's being excessive in his comments here.

I certainly wouldn't agree about it being a 'fortunate' draw.

It was disappointing that we seemed to play out the final 20 minutes content with a draw, but I could say precisely the same about Barnsley too; Barnsley were at home against a team with 14 first team players unavailable - and I hardly saw them 'going' for it at any point in that second half.

If he was on about Fox, then how can we argue against him. He as never been a footballer. Surely one of the youngsters would do a better job. The guy genuinely looks frightened when he as the ball and is distribution is awful.

I like Jon Newsome, i thought he was a solid player and i have also increasingly enjoyed his column. I find his comments interesting and often insightful and he walks the line betwen ex pro and fan very well, IMO. Jon very clearly is a passionate Wednesday fan.

Maybe his comments against Barnsley were a tad harsh, then again maybe not, I wasn't there.

Also, I once won a bit of cash on him some years ago, for scoring the 1st goal in a game. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall it was against Leeds at Elland Road, I think he was 25/1. Happy days.

UTO

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Any evidence for this?

lol

None what so ever decided to do what everyone else is doing and just make it up as I go along.

Someone in the pub told me there was a removal van outside the south stand during the night, the elephant has gone, just a burnt down cig end there, seems someone has done a moonlight flit.

I don't think there's anything more tedious than checking into a thread about an article or radio show anymore as it's full of people who don't ever discuss what's been said in it. 

It just always turns into some kind of chestbeating competition to who can slate whoever wrote the article off the most

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Didn't know he was a Dingle NYCOWL ?

Dirty bugger lol

A good footballer though ........

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST