Jon Newsome comments

12 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

The point is they aren't in the know.

DC has limited their supply so they are doing exactly the same as "ordinary" fans on here, putting 2+2 together.

It will be then given air time and column inches as all doom and gloom, as that's what human nature enjoys the most.

Ladies and Gentleman, Owlinmad wins this thread (with me of course)

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I cant honestly say I have read every single Jon Newsome column but did he really say he didn't want Wednesday to win?

From what I have read I agree with 95% of what he has written. Which opinions in his column do you disagree with?

Its not about agreeing/disagreeing with the article...

Its the fact he's suddenly appeared and spread his negativity across the fanbase out of no where. Articles like his get peoples backs and shorten peoples fuses...  

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Its not about agreeing/disagreeing with the article...

Its the fact he's suddenly appeared and spread his negativity across the fanbase out of no where. Articles like his get peoples backs and shorten peoples fuses...  

He's not suddenly appeared he's been around for ages, it's just that he speaks from the heart a bit like most on here with regards to something that he cares about our club.

On 11/02/2018 at 12:28, frastheowl said:

I think Newsome's comments are a tad OTT to be honest.

It was a dreadful game of football. Two teams not really worthy of competing in the Championship.

But Barnsley edged the first half, and we certainly edged the second. A draw was a fair result imo. 

The players he must be referring to, re. pulling out of tackles, must be Reach and Palmer. Both neshed tackles in the first half. 

we'd 2 fullbacks on show, and neither are know for having 'bottle' and tackling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm interested in this bit

When did he appear? Was it the last few months/weeks?

I dont know myself but I thought he'd been writing articles for a while now?

I know people don't bother but if you actually engage with him on twitter you get a proper conversation and when I mean engage I don't mean by starting slagging him off. He is in my opinion an all round decent bloke who like the rest of us is a fan of the club and just wants things to be great at our club.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

I know people don't bother but if you actually engage with him on twitter you get a proper conversation and when I mean engage I don't mean by starting slagging him off. He is in my opinion an all round decent bloke who like the rest of us is a fan of the club and just wants things to be great at our club.

Totally agree

I dont' take anyone slating him seriously as he's one of the most sensible article writers out there currently.

He's not negative or anti swfc has been suggested but a writer who says how he feels about things

When we're winning he pushes positive points

When we get hammered he says why he thinks that is and what we can do about it

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

The point is they aren't in the know.

DC has limited their supply so they are doing exactly the same as "ordinary" fans on here, putting 2+2 together.

It will be then given air time and column inches as all doom and gloom, as that's what human nature enjoys the most.

1 win in 3 months. The club are not doing too much to stop the doom mongers amongst us.

Has DC really prevented the local media reporting on SWFC? Genuine question.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

1 win in 3 months. The club are not doing too much to stop the doom mongers amongst us.

Has DC really prevented the local media reporting on SWFC? Genuine question.

He likes to keep his cards close to his chest that is clear however, it the media are doing their jobs properly and I don't mean by searching Owlstalk they should be able to get more out of the club than what is currently being reported.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Their goal was a lesson in how not to defend and someone should have took a booking for the team and not let him get that far forward.

for me, fullbacks should be fast, decent in the air, love to tackle, and practice by kicking bricks outa walls.

i don't need him to be good on the ball, i want him to be good when up against his opponent in a defensive situation. i don't want him to be a quality passer of the ball, i want him to win the bloody thing and find a teammate. i want him to fully understand that the opposition winger will be slower and less effective if he's got a limp. 

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

for me, fullbacks should be fast, decent in the air, love to tackle, and practice by kicking bricks outa walls.

i don't need him to be good on the ball, i want him to be good when up against his opponent in a defensive situation. i don't want him to be a quality passer of the ball, i want him to win the bloody thing and find a teammate. i want him to fully understand that the opposition winger will be slower and less effective if he's got a limp. 

I agree but having been at the game on Saturday what was clear was they weren't prepared to kick McBurnie they should have, not saying it would have worked but would have put some doubt in his mind.

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

I agree but having been at the game on Saturday what was clear was they weren't prepared to kick McBurnie they should have, not saying it would have worked but would have put some doubt in his mind.

yeah!, i've never seen anybody who was a better player when he had a limp.

i've been following wednesday for longer than i care to admit, and the number of quality fullbacks in that time may have been less than double figures, same goes for centre backs. 

but we seem exposed more at f/b, peahearted ***** are no good, you want someone with big b****x.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm interested in this bit

When did he appear? Was it the last few months/weeks?

I dont know myself but I thought he'd been writing articles for a while now?

Just after the Blades game I think... He got his column to blast Carlos. 

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Not sure about that mate.

Radio Sheffield on contract clauses was pretty specific. Would have been helluva guess.

And  Nixon 's always spot on so DC's blabing to some one.

With Carlton Palmer's warnings on Radio Sheffield -  quoting Hirst snr directly - looks to me like there's somat innit.

But fact is, we are going backwards fast.

From what Jos said today it was helluva WRONG guess.

:luhukay:

25 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

From what Jos said today it was helluva WRONG guess.

:luhukay:

Of course, there's no way a football manager would tell porkies in a press conference.

Especially one working in DC land, being paid some £10,000 per week by the owner.

And why not just deny it immediately last week?

On Jon N, if we had a centre half with his qualities, wouldn't be in this mess.

But fact is we are, and it's right for fans to know why and if DC can learn from this shambles.

2-1 v Rams, Joao back to scoring.

21 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Palmer infuriates me. So lazy.

Check him out during the passage of play 5.58 in.

Remember he's the right back.

You're absolutely correct Kivo, the gentle jog back by Palmer when the opposition are on the attach, exactly down the area where he should be!  It's disgraceful.  I wonder why Bullen or Jos aren't out on the edge of the technical area giving him a right roasting???