Carlos not the problem?

1 minute ago, runningaround said:

Be fair. How many managers will do the run of fergie or Wenger now. Even Conte is on his last legs after winning the league at Chelsea one year in 

I’m aware of that but Carlos record prior to coming to Wednesday speaks for itself.

Most managers don’t have the longevity the likes of Fergie and Wenger have but the longevity of Carlos’s appointments prior to coming to Wednesday is laughable.

There’s a reason for that.

31 minutes ago, jfr142 said:

Starting to look like Carlos was not our problem right?

Spade a spade time. Chansiri out for me.

Millions won't cut it these days. Billions required. And he ain't got them.

So we’re going to attract an investor who HAS billions? Dream on 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m aware of that but Carlos record prior to coming to Wednesday speaks for itself.

Most managers don’t have the longevity the likes of Fergie and Wenger have but the longevity of Carlos’s appointments prior to coming to Wednesday is laughable.

There’s a reason for that.

The league he is in, the way he plays? He adapted and got us to 4th and his plan didn’t get us up. How many Portuguese or Turkish managers survive a blip? 

30 minutes ago, jfr142 said:

How does F**k off sound.

The problems we have at the moment is down to 'Carlos'.

30 months, 30 MONTHS, he had to produce a promotion winning squad, and failed miserably.

He goes down as the worst  manager of the team since, God knows when.

4 minutes ago, runningaround said:

The league he is in, the way he plays? He adapted and got us to 4th and his plan didn’t get us up. How many Portuguese or Turkish managers survive a blip? 

From 2015, but not much better in english leagues:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9875915/average-tenure-of-managers-in-england-just-1-23-years

"

The average tenure of a manager in the professional game in England has dropped to just 1.23 years - with the Championship the hardest league in which to keep your job.

The League Managers' Association has revealed that in the Championship, where there were 20 dismissals in the recently-completed season, the average spell in charge is just 0.86 years."

40 minutes ago, jfr142 said:

As a fan of 45 years, I admit CC brought more joy than most, but saying that those had preceded him weren't exactly world beaters.

However, he gave me the 2 worse days I've ever had supporting  Wednesday.

He should have gone after the play offs last season.

I couldn't care less what he does at another club because he is history. 

The club is cracked from the top down, hopefully we'll stay up and the chairman will get our house in order.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

As a fan of 45 years, I admit CC brought more joy than most, but saying that those had preceded him weren't exactly world beaters.

However, he gave me the 2 worse days I've ever had supportive by Wednesday.

Give me 40 million to spend and I guarantee promotion, and I promise not to spend on has beens and crocks. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

However, he gave me the 2 worse days I've ever had supportive by Wednesday.

Or this summer, that would have been the sensible thing to do Then the new coach, if it was to be one with no experience in England, would have had the summer to get his players in place, and his methods up and running

Said this elsewhere but genuinely not sure why there is so much vitriol or worship for Carlos since the "cycle" that we have witnessed over the last three years is really common in football. Jack Charltons famous advice to Megson 

Year 1 "jump - and they jump"

Year 2 "jump - and they say "how high"

Year 3 "jump - and they say "we did that last year"

is so obviously applicable to Wednesday under Carlos 

1st year was a free hit - some great results with some crap ones 2nd year more solid - objectively speaking we were better in terms of points but starting to look too pragmatic

Year 3 - Sussed by opponents and with our magicians injured, Carlos was increasingly conservative and desperate - the fanbase increasingly frustrated. 

I don't give a monkeys if Swansea "tapped him up" - it was the right time for all parties - he is a decent bloke who made his fair share of good and bad calls and is now on a good run with the Swans.

Meanwhile even ruddy Fergie would struggle with our injury list and while CC might have mistakenly rushed some players back, it looks like some of them - eg Abdi, are made of quavers. Sod Middlewood, we should move our training ground to Lourdes. 

As for blaming Chansiri - really? May have been a bit gullible but has shelled out plenty - anyone out there never bought stuff that didn't quite live up to expectations? FFS

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Visions Said this elsewhere but genuinely not sure why there is so much vitriol or worship for Carlos since the "cycle" that we have witnessed over the last three years is really common in football. Jack Charltons famous advice to Megson 

Year 1 "jump - and they jump"

Year 2 "jump - and they say "how high"

Year 3 "jump - and they say "we did that last year"

is so obviously applicable to Wednesday under Carlos 

1st year was a free hit - some great results with some crap ones 2nd year more solid - objectively speaking we were better in terms of points but starting to look too pragmatic

Year 3 - Sussed by opponents and with our magicians injured, Carlos was increasingly conservative and desperate - the fanbase increasingly frustrated. 

I don't give a monkeys if Swansea "tapped him up" - it was the right time for all parties - he is a decent bloke who made his fair share of good and bad calls and is now on a good run with the Swans.

Meanwhile even ruddy Fergie would struggle with our injury list and while CC might have mistakenly rushed some players back, it looks like some of them - eg Abdi, are made of quavers. Sod Middlewood, we should move our training ground to Lourdes. 

As for blaming Chansiri - really? May have been a bit gullible but has shelled out plenty - anyone out there never bought stuff that didn't quite live up to expectations? FFS

•  

Good post, though I do believe MrC has been culpable in most of the bad decisions that have been made, no matter how well intentioned

49 minutes ago, jfr142 said:

Wake up mate - if Newcastle can’t find a buyer , whose going to come in for us ? How long did we have to wait before chansiri came in?

personally the premier league is overrated - I would be happy being a top half championship club, with a chance of promotion 

Carlos acquisition of players who never contributed is one of main factors that we are where we are

How many teams can cope with amount of players unavailable we have currently and still compete ! We have to be content for a rough end to the season

question we should be asking is exact extent of injury of all the players and when they are expected back.. that’s reasonable

26 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

How does F**k off sound.

The problems we have at the moment is down to 'Carlos'.

30 months, 30 MONTHS, he had to produce a promotion winning squad, and failed miserably.

He goes down as the worst  manager of the team since, God knows when.

You use the words worst manager and there's no mention of Dave Jones.

He's left us up s£&at creek, but let's have some perspective.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You use the words worst manager and there's no mention of Dave Jones.

He's left us up s£&at creek, but let's have some perspective.

But even Dave had his day in the sun, after all we were only in that particular creek because he'd helped paddle us out of the pub canal! 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet