Carlos not the problem?

6 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Training camp was the same as the years we made the play off was it not? 

We were not unfit for those 2 seasons. So this training/fitness idea is a myth. 

Carlos season 1, everyone were fit due to Stuart gray. 

Carlos season 2, we started to see the injuries mounting most of the season and players like Lee and Lees who had very good records for not being injured missed large chunks. 

Carlos season 3 everyone is injured including Boyd who's another that never misses games, hmm they must be something there bud?. 

8 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

How does F**k off sound.

The problems we have at the moment is down to 'Carlos'.

30 months, 30 MONTHS, he had to produce a promotion winning squad, and failed miserably.

He goes down as the worst  manager of the team since, God knows when.

This is an astonishing post. Yes, Carlos was a one trick horse, but he took us to Wembley against all odds and then took us to the playoffs again the following season. He ran out of ideas.

In my time of supporting Wednesday, since 89, we have had, in my opinion, three genuinely good managers: Atkinson, Sturrock and Megson. Francis was decent but had no control over the dressing room, Laws and Gray performed miracles with the budget they had, and I don't have the hatred for Pleat that some have on here. The rest were a complete and utter rabble. With Danny Wilson surely standing out as the worst of the last thirty years. Carlos does not deserve to be lumped in with the likes of Jewell, Turner, Jones etc.

Edited by manicowl
  • Like 1

To those of you who say billions are needed and chansiri hasn't got them. Just remember that due to that there financial fair play thing it makes no odds. I still believe that Mr Chansiri has his heart in it. Yes he has made a few decisions which he may well regret but he has still pumped a lot of cash into the club. I do think a lot of fans slate him and we have to be careful cos if he walks who will want to buy us. A club who seem unappreciative and disrespectful and come across as a bunch of whinging fookers.

Granted that not all our fans are like that but there are more than enough of them. We are a joke club to many and that's not just our friends at the stain. I actually find many things embarrassing but those bell-ends who spout off Shiite and abuse don't help matters. If Chansiri walks we are screwed.

Edited by bigjimmy
N/A

10 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Wasn't it last season we came back from 2-0 down at home to Bristol City to win 3-2? 

Then scored plenty of other last minute winners? Forest and Rotherham at home.

To be fair we got a lot of luck ( and rain ) that game. They missed the pen to go 3 up & then got a red card that was never a red from the subsequent clearance. The game changed in our favour from that point. I get your point though. We've conceded too many last min goals this season though so if Carlos is to thank for the last min winners in season 1 & 2 he's to blame for what's occurred in season 3 unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

I wish Jos would have a honeymoon period

To be fair with the players he has available at present he's not doing too bad.

Yes I'd like us to be having a run of 3 - 0 convincing wins, but think all we can hope for is to grind out draws/pinch the odd 1 goal win, until we get some of the first team proper back.

11 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Carlos season 1, everyone were fit due to Stuart gray. 

Carlos season 2, we started to see the injuries mounting most of the season and players like Lee and Lees who had very good records for not being injured missed large chunks. 

Carlos season 3 everyone is injured including Boyd who's another that never misses games, hmm they must be something there bud?. 

If season 1 players were fit due to Stuart Gray, wouldn't George Boyd's fitness this season be due to Sean Dyche?

• Haha 1

Our last home win in the league was Halloween, Carlos left on Christmas Eve.

We managed just 5 shots on target in November, Carlos left on Christmas Eve.

We managed 3 clean sheets in the league between August and December, Carlos left on Christmas Eve.

For fans to now try and claim Carlos wasn’t the problem is laughable.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Our last home win in the league was Halloween, Carlos left on Christmas Eve.

We managed just 5 shots on target in November, Carlos left on Christmas Eve.

We managed 3 clean sheets in the league between August and December, Carlos left on Christmas Eve.

For fans to now try and claim Carlos wasn’t the problem is laughable.

I told you Carlos wasn’t the problem nearly a year ago 

8 hours ago, manicowl said:

This is an astonishing post. Yes, Carlos was a one trick horse, but he took us to Wembley against all odds and then took us to the playoffs again the following season. He ran out of ideas.

In my time of supporting Wednesday, since 89, we have had, in my opinion, three genuinely good managers: Atkinson, Sturrock and Megson. Francis was decent but had no control over the dressing room, Laws and Gray performed miracles with the budget they had, and I don't have the hatred for Pleat that some have on here. The rest were a complete and utter rabble. With Danny Wilson surely standing out as the worst of the last thirty years. Carlos does not deserve to be lumped in with the likes of Jewell, Turner, Jones etc.

He had more money and spent more money than any other Manager in the history of the club, he had the best squad of players at the club in the last 20 years and, lastly, he had 30 months to work with all that + he inherited a squad of players who were fit.

HE alone is responsible for the state the squad is in today, he was the HEAD coach and as such responsible for the fitness and the condition the players were in.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

I wanted 'Carlos' gone as soon as Steve Bruce became available.

If you care to go back 2 years posts you will find a post where I said "It would all end in tears", and it has.

as it will in Swansea when his laissez-faire attitude to discipline and pre season fitness prep unwind

18 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Why did te chairman let this happen?

Jos wouldn't do the job Carlosnis doing at Swansea.

Carlos, from looking at his entire career, seems to be an excellent "one or two season " coach.

Great at lifting spirits, motivating, bringing in something new. However, as has been proven, just has no idea how to build a squad long-term, 

Maybe he will do it at Swansea. but has not done it yet, anywhere he has been

There's certainly something to be said for Carlos being good for a season or two. 

Like quite a few managers these days he's able to come in initially and get players playing. 

Strikes me as the sort of guy that players (if you are involved in the first team) like playing for, but after a while the lax attitude towards discipline/fitness sees things unravel. Players will take advantage of someone who doesn't instill a bit of discipline (ffs some of our players turned up for training as and when they wanted). 

Sadly, there is more wrong with this club than just Carlos and his time here. The fact he was allowed to leave on his own accord is absolutely laughable and I put responsibility for that solely on the chairman.