Carlos not the problem?

58 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Bristol City where a typically slow start showed we did not have fitness to compete for 90 minutes.

Same as Forest

If you believe we had sufficient fitness under Carlos then fine.

He wasn’t the whole problem but was certainly a part of it 

If we were unfit we would fade in the last half hour.  We rarely did.

We usually started slowly.  Not a sign of being unfit in my opinion.  

Carlos has managed much bigger clubs than us, so I'm sure he knows all about fitness coaches.  

Amazing that the mentalists here need this explained, but CC is succeeding at taking off the defensive rigidity enforced by the previous regime and letting them run riot.  Great short term bounce based on very little foundation.

It happened here.  We also saw it's absolutely unsustainable as he has no clue as to implement any real tactical identity - he's yet to do so in his managerial career.

4 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

If we were unfit we would fade in the last half hour.  We rarely did.

We usually started slowly.  Not a sign of being unfit in my opinion.  

Carlos has managed much bigger clubs than us, so I'm sure he knows all about fitness coaches.  

Was never around long enough at these "big clubs".

1 hour ago, JC_owl66 said:

Wake up mate - if Newcastle can’t find a buyer , whose going to come in for us ? How long did we have to wait before chansiri came in?

personally the premier league is overrated - I would be happy being a top half championship club, with a chance of promotion 

Carlos acquisition of players who never contributed is one of main factors that we are where we are

How many teams can cope with amount of players unavailable we have currently and still compete ! We have to be content for a rough end to the season

question we should be asking is exact extent of injury of all the players and when they are expected back.. that’s reasonable

all seems obvious to me, either i'm a genius or stupid, time will tell

2 hours ago, jfr142 said:

Starting to look like Carlos was not our problem right?

Spade a spade time. Chansiri out for me.

Millions won't cut it these days. Billions required. And he ain't got them.

Wilder's not doing too badly without billions.

59 minutes ago, jfr142 said:

all seems obvious to me, either i'm a genius or stupid, time will tell

I would be careful setting the bar so wide from genius to stupid

Way too many people looking for easy options that don’t exist, wake up - there are no magic billionaires waiting to parachute into Sheffield to take us to the promised land.

i honestly think we will do a Cardiff - struggle this year and grind to the top next year 

49 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

but unlike poor old Jos here

I have empathy for him, but if CC was getting the results he has (under same conditions) there would be little to no patience. He’s gone to Swansea and turned a team of players who couldn’t buy a goal or a win into a top half Prem team (form wise). However, some on here will still put that down to a ‘honeymoon’ period or a ‘1st season influence’ that is a pattern for CC as a coach. More fool the ‘Carlos Out’ brigade! 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Guest Theboylangers

I think that Carlos knew the poo was going to hit the fan in terms of no money to buy players in the January window and thought balls to this, I'm onto a loser here and bailed to Swansea. 

I don’t know, I still feel that Carlos would have had more chance of getting the results to see us safe He proved last season, following poor form, that he could produce a string of wins that carried us through to the play offs

Would this have been his last season, maybe, but January was the wrong time to appoint a coach like Jos 

In the summer, yes I think it would have been an interesting appointment

I didn’t want Carlos sacked, and any mutual parting would have been better agreed in the summer

It is pretty obvious that Carlos and his Doyen mates disappeared over the horizon as quick as they could once the money ran out and any chance of picking up a lucrative bonus for getting us promoted disappeared because of the injuries. 

That bonus will have now have been replaced by one to keep Swansea up. As soon as they deemed they had more chance of getting the bonus and the kudos at Swansea, off they went.

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

It is pretty obvious that Carlos and his Doyen mates disappeared over the horizon as quick as they could once the money ran out and any chance of picking up a lucrative bonus for getting us promoted disappeared because of the injuries. 

That bonus will have now have been replaced by one to keep Swansea up. As soon as they deemed they had more chance of getting the bonus and the kudos at Swansea, off they went.

Well if that was the case, we could have just refused Swansea permission to talk to him Don’t buy any of it, we acted hastily and we may just pay the ultimate price