Carlos not the problem?

4 hours ago, Ash76 said:

I must have dreamt more points and a higher finish season 2

And abysmal football.

Speaking of history, recent history suggests the following...

During Carlos’s last 5 games as Owls boss we got 3 points and he had the likes of Bannan, Hooper and Fletcher available.

In Jos’s first 5 games we’ve got 4 points with him not having these players available and having to draft in under 23’s into the side.

I’d also point out this season we managed 4 clean sheets in 5 months under Carlos. Do far we’ve managed 3 under Jos in just 5 league games.

But Carlos wasn’t the problem. lol

Had we got rid of him after the Bolton debacle or our calamitous performance against the pigs, we wouldn’t be in the position we are now.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

And abysmal football.

During Carlos’s last 5 games as Owls boss we got 3 points and he had the likes of Bannan, Hooper and Fletcher available.

In Jos’s first 5 games we’ve got 4 points with him not having these players available and having to draft in under 23’s into the side.

I’d also point out this season we managed 4 clean sheets in 5 months under Carlos. Do far we’ve managed 3 under Jos in just 5 league games.

Had we got rid of him after the Bolton debacle or our calamitous performance against the pigs, we wouldn’t be in the position we are now.

Carlos's first two seasons were good they just unfortunately didn't end in promotion. 

This season I don't know what has gone wrong. But i wouldn't be putting the blame solely at Carlos door because as you mentioned that horrendous run of results that eventually meant we run out of patience with him is only slightly worse then that of Jos.  

Now if everything was the fault of Carlos we would have seen different performances and results from that of Carlos, But we are not which says to me something else is also going on.

And abysmal football.

Who do you mean by the likes of Bannan, Fletcher and Hooper? They weren’t all available for his last 5 games 

Edited by nldowl

And abysmal football.

You will realise one day, same with Rhodes and ill be at your desk saying ‘told ya’

:manager:

Guest wilyfox

Carlos was one of many problems. Blame for poor recruitment may lay elsewhere in some instances. Perhaps not all signings and decisions were his own in that regard. But, the decisions to change the way we played after his first season, and to ignore the need for pace and physicality were his own. 

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Carlos was one of many problems. Blame for poor recruitment may lay elsewhere in some instances. Perhaps not all signings and decisions were his own in that regard. But, the decisions to change the way we played after his first season, and to ignore the need for pace and physicality were his own. 

Do we know that though. Seems pretty keen on Dyer at Swansea. Before all we know he could have been asking for a pacey winger for years and kept getting given Journeyman centre midfielders.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Do we know that though. Seems pretty keen on Dyer at Swansea. Before all we know he could have been asking for a pacey winger for years and kept getting given Journeyman centre midfielders.

Well he was given McManaman, McGeady, and Buckley, but hardly used them.

Maybe he's using hindsight at Swansea, learning from his mistakes? He's literally doing everything there he wouldn't do here... 3 at the back, youth, pace, incision... 

20 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Maybe he's using hindsight at Swansea, learning from his mistakes? He's literally doing everything there he wouldn't do here... 3 at the back, youth, pace, incision... 

It's literally everything we have been shouting at him to do for the past 18 months. 

Makes you wonder if hands were somewhat tied here somehow don't it as it makes no sense at all to all of a sudden turn into the manager we were all craving.

50 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Carlos's first two seasons were good they just unfortunately didn't end in promotion. 

This season I don't know what has gone wrong. But i wouldn't be putting the blame solely at Carlos door because as you mentioned that horrendous run of results that eventually meant we run out of patience with him is only slightly worse then that of Jos.  

Now if everything was the fault of Carlos we would have seen different performances and results from that of Carlos, But we are not which says to me something else is also going on.

The problem is the dramatic decline under CC stewardship. Poor recruitment. Inability to keep players fit. Loyalty to players on the slide (e.g. Loovens, Wallace). Refusal to play certain players when available (e.g. Buckley, Abdi, Winnal). Defensive Tactics. No tempo. Poor starts in every game. 

To my mind supporters don’t really know where the blame lies. Who selected and signed the players? Whose policy was it never to sell or move on the deadwood? Is the injury situation down to neglectful training and treatment or just (terrible) bad luck? 

We must assume that the tactics were the responsibility of CC and the coaching style based on technical instructions rather than motivation and game management. So he must shoulder his share of the blame which ultimately meant   despedida Carlos

On 11/02/2018 at 01:47, jfr142 said:

Starting to look like Carlos was not our problem right?

Spade a spade time. Chansiri out for me.

Millions won't cut it these days. Billions required. And he ain't got them.

No one's fault really.. Sometimes you just get a whole heap of bad luck at once. That's life unfortunately

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

He won’t be allowed to make a f ucking mess of a premier league team because so many people will come to him with their recommendations and not bring their w ank physio team. Not having a dig at you btwlol

Annoyed that everybody now thinks he’s the messiah. Put him on a losing streak and see how he handles that again at Swansea. 

5 minutes ago, Chriss said:

He won’t be allowed to make a f ucking mess of a premier league team because so many people will come to him with their recommendations and not bring their w ank physio team. Not having a dig at you btwlol

Annoyed that everybody now thinks he’s the messiah. Put him on a losing streak and see how he handles that again at Swansea. 

But was it him that made a mess of it or all of Chansiri's advisors.

Wouldn't say he was the messiah. Just not the clueless idiot some on here were saying he was. ( not saying that you said that..)

On 10/02/2018 at 16:55, Belfast Owl 2 said:

We were so fit we rushed players back early crippling them.

And for the last 18 months we were slow and lethargic and we had favourites and players were not managed correctly

And to top it off he left us 16th in awful form.

Plus his transfer business was awful meaning we didn’t address problem positions.

He was a huge problem 

But probably limited in what he could do in the transfer market I would presume 

Guest Theboylangers
14 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Where have all the interesting threads gone ? Ffs I go and watch a film come back and everything’s gone 

The best thread that Lee Strafford posted in which pretty much answered many questions in this thread was pulled. 

I can understand why to be fair. Owlstalk will be under close scrutiny from the club and there was some pretty telling insights on that thread. 

Edited by Theboylangers
Bloody phone.

2 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

The best thread that Lee Strafford posted in which pretty much answered many questions in this thread was pulled. 

I can understand why to be fair. Owlstalk will be under close scrutiny from the club and there was some pretty telling insights on that thread. 

Yeah.

Bloody hi-jacking my thread!

Some very telling comments from Lee Strafford amongst that lot.

Guest Theboylangers
3 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Yeah.

Bloody hi-jacking my thread!

Some very telling comments from Lee Strafford amongst that lot.

I wish I'd saved a copy. I knew it would disappear into the ether. 

Understandably so as I said.