Carlos not the problem?

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I wanted 'Carlos' gone as soon as Steve Bruce became available.

If you care to go back 2 years posts you will find a post where I said "It would all end in tears", and it has.

Villa fans wanted Bruce gone all last season, they had worse runs without winning than CC ever did at Hillsborough. And spent more than on 3 strikers than we did on our squad. 

Championship clubs in general are spending more money than they have in history, not just us. It’s all relative. 

13 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Villa fans wanted Bruce gone all last season, they had worse runs without winning than CC ever did at Hillsborough. And spent more than on 3 strikers than we did on our squad. 

Championship clubs in general are spending more money than they have in history, not just us. It’s all relative. 

And look at them now.......

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

And look at them now.......

Just shows you that chairman shouldn’t listen to fans or bow to pressure...sacking a manager just because he’s spent money and going through a bad patch might not be the answer.

Maybe stability and time is what success is built on.

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What did you say was the problem? 

The lack of structure above resulting in poor recruitment policy.

i know what DC and CC havevsaid previously about recruitment but imo it’s very naive to take it at face value.

The past  doesn’t matter anyway, the future does. Hoping some lessons have been learned.

Blame culture doesn’t work though, so I’ll always be there backing my club 

17 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Well I thought he was an awful coach and would go there and ruin them, you know like everyone was saying on here? 

if you watch the quality he has to play with there, it's not a surprise to me they just wanted a lift and Carlos can do that ( the Swansea player interviewed last night said they love him he's lifted the place - It's what he does 

But he hadn't a clue what to do here when things went sour and with the players left standing - whether it was his fault or not 

people claiming they were right by trying to compare the quality he has at his disposal at Swansea now and us now and saying  'see look i told you ' are muppets 

as i said earlier hs personality and methods unwind eventually   

24 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

i know what DC and CC havevsaid previously about recruitment but imo it’s very naive to take it at face value.

The past  doesn’t matter anyway, the future does. Hoping some lessons have been learned.

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply. 

13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

History suggests Carlos has 1 good season at a club and that’s it. He’s currently having it at Swansea.

I must have dreamt more points and a higher finish season 2

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

This 100%