Moaners

16 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Yet, with the same lads in the previous five games we've coped well.

A couple of mistakes cost us dear, it happens occasionally and you have to learn from them.

these mistakes are every game tho

Yes agree Billowl. I have only been supporting the Owls 50 years this year and I remember staying and supporting the owls even though they had lost 8-0 at Middlesboro and 8-2 at QPR, you have to see the bad times to appreciate the better ones. Today wasn't good but will get better as players return

1 minute ago, brando said:

these mistakes are every game tho

All teams will make mistakes in games, some you'll escape with, others not (as was the case today).

The worrying thing for me was that most of the players couldn't either pass straight, or control the ball well enough.

And that Reach free-kick near the end!!!!.....

Should it have been a penalty though, in the first instance?

From where we were it looked as though it should have been.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Honestly didnt hear it on the kop

Thought the kop was quite positive towards the players today, even wildsmith..and then just resigned to the loss. 

I've never seen the kop cheer so loud ironically at the ref as much as when we won that free kick

Yeah to be fair, after we'd scored we got behind them, but the guy who sits in front of me had a right old pop at some further behind when they were ironically cheering Wildsmith.

We're row G and it was further behind us. Not just one or two either.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

THe second was obviously down to Wildsmith..The first either Venancio or Wildsmith...dunno whether Wildsmith shouted or not...but from the Kop Venancio seemed to go over to Wildsmith later and hold his hand up...

It easily happens a ricket from a keeper and there were some ironic cheers from the Kop when he stopped a similar one later...uncalled for, the bloke has saved us points since coming into the team, so surely he is allowed one bad game , when you have certtain players doin' f.ook all every time they trot out

We stayed behind after the final whistle as we always do.

The players did their usual, (I won't call it a lap of honour), but thanked the fans for their support and Venancio showed a lot of class when he came over to the Kop and held his hands up in an apologetic gesture.

After his recent performances, someone should have told him there was no need to apologise. 

Same goes for Wildsmith.

Some of Our fans are w4nker5. Wildsmiths head was rockbottom after the second goal, so 50% of the stadium give an ironic cheer when he gathers the next shot into his chest. Well done. Great f**king support. Like the several priks round me foaming at the mouth screaming dogs abuse at Morgan fox and Butterfield from early on. No wonder they looked terrified. Carlos and Chansiri have mentioned this as an issue previously but i didn't really think it was. Wildsmiths treatment, for a young lad that's just had a great period in goal for us, was embarrassing. 

Edited by Semedo's ferret

14 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Some of Our fans are w4nker5. Wildsmiths head was rockbottom after the second goal, so 50% of the stadium give an ironic cheer when he gathers the next shot into his chest. Well done. Great f**king support. Like the several priks round me foaming at the mouth screaming dogs abuse at Morgan fox and Butterfield from early on. No wonder they looked terrified. Carlos and Chansiri have mentioned this as an issue previously but i didn't really think it was. Wildsmiths treatment, for a young lad that's just had a great period in goal for us, was embarrassing. 

Was nowhere near 50% of the crowd. Probably about a tenth of that figure.

10 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

No they're not "getting away lightly".

After their recent performances it was uncalled for and crass, especially in Wildsmith's case with regard to his age & experience. 

Whilst I agree wi this......

I love a good moan.....

WTF:

Everything that could go wrong today DID,however, I think we simply need to put it to bed and move on.

Lets stay with Jos and the lads because it's times like now that the team need us, the supporters, to back them.

Hopefully get enough points to see us safe and let Jos start with a clean slate, fresh ideas, changes in personnel and show us what he can bring to the table next season.

Come on my fellow Owls, keep calm, keep the faith and believe that things will get better.

Before anyone asks, yes, I was there today and yes I always will be there, as a season ticket holder of 40 years I have seen it all before!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

After their recent performances it was uncalled for and crass, especially in Wildsmith's case with regard to his age & experience. 

I reckon RG Is indulging in some ironic humour with that 1st sentence, and the second is an understatement for sure.

29 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

He’d have got a lot worse 40 years ago and at other clubs now. There was a bit of grumbling for a short while - an instinctive reaction - that was all. 

And tell me all about these recent performances that have seen us win one league game in the last 14. 

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Until those errors we were more than comfortable.

It’s hard to come back from literally gifting the opposition 2 goals.

Yes, I agree.

Any team which makes individual errors like that can't hope to get anything from a game.

It's been a bad day at the office, and should be seen as such.

Many of these players aren't regulars, or first-teamers, so that has to be taken into account.

Players don't do those things deliberately, and defensively we've been much better of late.

Even the very best teams have bad games.

It's Chansiri I'm angry with.

If he'd done what he ought to have done earlier with regard to Carlos, in spite of the terrible injuries and games like today's we'd have been comfortable and not looking over our shoulders.

50 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Everything that could go wrong today DID,however, I think we simply need to put it to bed and move on.

Lets stay with Jos and the lads because it's times like now that the team need us, the supporters, to back them.

Hopefully get enough points to see us safe and let Jos start with a clean slate, fresh ideas, changes in personnel and show us what he can bring to the table next season.

Come on my fellow Owls, keep calm, keep the faith and believe that things will get better.

Before anyone asks, yes, I was there today and yes I always will be there, as a season ticket holder of 40 years I have seen it all before!!

Yes, agreed.

We can't change anything now, so we might as well get behind what we have.

We're down to the bare bones player-wise, and I doubt even Pep Wilder could do much better. (iron)

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Give over ...most of it was from birmingham fans not ours although i dont sit on the kop but i didnt hear nothing on the south .