Moaners

5 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

'Knows the league' syndrome 

I've never understood this saying. Do you have to know the league to be successful? Wagner comes to mind.

Feels like a football buzz phrase.

What do I know! 

It's barely disguised xenophobic crappola like the CarlosKickaball thread that surfaced when CC came to the club...same posters same old shinola

Edited by daveyboy66

4 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Are you sure, we stopped running and started that pedestrian training under CC, so it's more like a brisk walk after the ball rolling down the hill. lol

yes I'm sure, Mid 1970's about 6,000 in the ground, no roof on the kop, peeing down and watching dross like Peter Feely, Fred McIver, John Holsgrove. Losing to the likes of Exeter 3-1 at home. Yes it was bad. We had to suffer some reyt crap back then. Just trying to think of some of the other crap we had in the squads of that era

56 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Give over ...most of it was from birmingham fans not ours although i dont sit on the kop but i didnt hear nothing on the south .

It was loud from the kop. Lots of stupid people with a sarcastic cheer. Them idiots with the Carlos out banner in particular. Cretins should be drowned in the Don. 

The "it's been worse before so shut up moaning" line is one of the most tone deaf, brain dead things that gets repeated on this forum.

Mediocrity is ingrained in this football club and it's why we will never strive for anything more. I mean why should we be annoyed at today's disappointments as we sit 17th in our third "attempt at promotion" from the second division? It was worse 5, 10, 40 years ago so forget wanting more today. 

2 hours ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Everything that could go wrong today DID,however, I think we simply need to put it to bed and move on.

Lets stay with Jos and the lads because it's times like now that the team need us, the supporters, to back them.

Hopefully get enough points to see us safe and let Jos start with a clean slate, fresh ideas, changes in personnel and show us what he can bring to the table next season.

Come on my fellow Owls, keep calm, keep the faith and believe that things will get better.

Before anyone asks, yes, I was there today and yes I always will be there, as a season ticket holder of 40 years I have seen it all before!!

Top post 

31 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

It was loud from the kop. Lots of stupid people with a sarcastic cheer. Them idiots with the Carlos out banner in particular. Cretins should be drowned in the Don. 

If thats true then its disgraceful that an up an coming young keeper was subjected to that ...didnt anyone confront these retardss ?

Edited by TaxiMark

6 hours ago, billowl said:

After 73 years of following Wednesday and 62 years of attending Hillsborough plus hundreds of away games I thought I had a decent understanding of just how many idiots follow football but the advent of social media lets me read the comments of the FEW total knobheads that consider themselves to be fans of our Great Club.I can promise you there has been far worse at Hillsborough over the years but we are still here and will be many years to come,football is a marathon not a sprint.WAWAW??????

You've been fortunate to follow our club for so long Bill. I guess to a lot of the younger posters they can only relate it to the era they've been alive and in that sense it's been since the formation of the Premier League and the money involved since then means everything relative has been ramped up a notch or two. Not defending you or them, just trying to add perspective to the argument. I've never been charged as much to watch a game of football so expect a certain level of desire, entertainment and quality. I guess so do 23 other teams in the same division.

22 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

The "it's been worse before so shut up moaning" line is one of the most tone deaf, brain dead things that gets repeated on this forum.

Mediocrity is ingrained in this football club and it's why we will never strive for anything more. I mean why should we be annoyed at today's disappointments as we sit 17th in our third "attempt at promotion" from the second division? It was worse 5, 10, 40 years ago so forget wanting more today. 

I have no problem with anyone moaning on here or in the pub afterwards or anywhere else (there is plenty to moan about). 

Except one place while in the ground do your job as a supporter and support Sheffield Wednesday and our players

Yes, the performance today was abysmal.

Yes, it was embarrassing.

Yes, pretty much everybody in blue and white had an off day today.

And yes, the mistakes leading to their goals were laughable.

But players DO have off days once in a while (way too many today I agree).

Players DO make mistakes now and again.

Also, we played for ages today with 10 men and finished with 9.

Isn't this pretty much the same group of players that got a point at the stain with only 10 men, drew with Cardiff (who slaughtered Leeds today) and beat Reading 3-1?

Lost count of the amount of people today who asked 'do you think we'll go down?'

NO. FFS

NO. NO. and NO again.

Not excusing todays performance in any way, but it was just a REALLY s.hit, embarrassingly bad day at the office. 

I feel pissed off because of all the money we've spent but that's always a gamble and it may not buy success. I've certainly seen worse and obviously we can't blame Jos and we have had relative success over last couple of seasons. Lots of contributing factors to our recent demise but will always stay behind every involved with the club from the tea masher up to the chairman. Things have got to get better and will.

WAWAW.

8 hours ago, billowl said:

I don't know how old you are sunshine but think I've probably been watching football and especially Wednesday longer than you've been alive

I've never understood why so many fans seem to think this kind of thing is in any way interesting or pertinent, yet we see it constantly.

John Motson has been watching football for donkey's years but it doesn't stop him from getting bizarrely overexcited at the mundane, waffling about the irrelevant or otherwise talking cobblers.

Edited by DJMortimer

12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

He’d have got a lot worse 40 years ago and at other clubs now. There was a bit of grumbling for a short while - an instinctive reaction - that was all. 

And tell me all about these recent performances that have seen us win one league game in the last 14. 

Wildsmiths performances I was talking about.    

Obviously!