#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

29 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Lees, Bannan and Forestieri are the Crown Jewels as far as I can see.

I just don’t see how we would replace them with the same type and quality if we sold them.

And yet they cost around 3.5m in total?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Plonk said:

And yet they cost around 3.5m in total?

Yes but look how much the game has changed moneywise in the last 2-3 years.

£3.5 million for a championship club to spend was a lot of money at the time, now its the norm.

if we were to buy Forestieri this window with his form from 2014-15 at Watford he’d be worth double what we paid.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I don’t think a Chairman that is absolutely awash with cash goes to so much effort to improve cash flow by selling multi year season tickets - when they have no effect on FFP.

Thats not a criticism of him he’s tipped in millions.  It’s just he’s clearly not got a bottomless pot.

Was it a serious attempt at improving cash flow, or just a genuine gesture to the most loyal fans, who are willing to commit to the club in the longer term?

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Lees, Bannan and Forestieri are the Crown Jewels as far as I can see.

I just don’t see how we would replace them with the same type and quality if we sold them.

I agree it’s really hard to see how we would but we absolutely could bearing in mind two of them cost us nowt (or next to nothing, can’t remember). I’ve no idea if Jos and/or the club is capable of pulling that sort of recruitment off and I hope we don’t have to find out but it’s possible.

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Where have Forest got all the cash from? Has fawaz left?

yeah he left ages ago, new Forest owner is Evangelos Marinakis, Google him there's some interesting articles

Edited by GEE
  • Thanks 1