#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

If we are playing 4-2-3-1 we need a right back and left back

If we play a 3-5-2 we need a right winger and a left winger.

Which ever formation we play we need either a right back or a right winger. Remember Jos played with what he had available last season, as no loans or transfers came in to help with our situation other than Pelupessy. He has a summer to reshape the squad only a few out of contract have left and hunt, no incoming that we know of we could have a few on trial, which will find out if there are any when we see a team sheet for the first friendly.

I know moneys tight but there just doesn't seem to be any urgency to get the squad set for the new season and the longer it takes to bring players in the more likely they won't be match fit to start the season.

Let hope for some positive news from the club this week. 

Cant really comment of the lad Tilt, I've never even heard of him before. 

As far as formation for us though under Jos, be it necessity unless we can get some decent wheeling & dealing done, I think we'll be keeping the 5-2-1-2 formation. It's perfect to allow Nando a free role behind both strikers which we'll probably start with joao & Nuhiu unless fletch & hooper manage to prove full fitness before the season starts. 

It also means if we're going in having to pick a couple of the youngsters at the back there's more cover in case of the odd mistake.... Its been working for England anyway lol

51 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

By keeping our prized assets and not falling foul of FFP, DC will have certainly done his bit financially. But it doesn’t seem possible to then go and spend again when the margins are tight, unless we sell big.

It’s what he promised to do, in return for us putting up with high ticket prices To be honest, it’s the least he can do after the Rhodes fiasco 

We presumably have the Hunt fee, plus the freed up wages of Venancio, Wallace, Loovens, and Hunt himself That should enable us to bring in 4 or 5 loan deals, then that’s job done

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, striker said:

It's a strange window, everyone seems to want players out in order to get players in. Have the feeling that for those with money to spend, this league is there for the taking as they have the pick of players available early doors, the rest will be picking up leftovers once they have shifted on players to fund recruitment.

Poor recruitment when the boot was on the other foot.

14 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Poor recruitment when the boot was on the other foot.

Its our poor recruitment over the past two years that has left us in this mess. 

Once Rhodes has gone I’d imagine there may be some movement, hopefully even 1 or 2 shrewd deals already lined up , still expect it to be loan market business only though 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Once Rhodes has gone I’d imagine there may be some movement, hopefully even 1 or 2 shrewd deals already lined up , still expect it to be loan market business only though 

Yes I'm sure  jos said he would be shopping in the premiership loan market and it could be late deals back end of the transfer window 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It’s what he promised to do, in return for us putting up with high ticket prices To be honest, it’s the least he can do after the Rhodes fiasco 

We presumably have the Hunt fee, plus the freed up wages of Venancio, Wallace, Loovens, and Hunt himself That should enable us to bring in 4 or 5 loan deals, then that’s job done

The least he can do? After shelling out 8m quid of his own money (what a a fiasco for us) something we’ve never been able to do, on what was deemed by many (I know, not you) as one of the best scorers at this level in recent years in order to try and get us to the premier league? Again something we haven’t been remotely close to doing since the last two years.

We made a loss of 20m last season with a reserved summer. Something like just under 10 the season before. I don’t see why so many people think that because we have shifted a few we can now bring more in and be ok? How is that gap being bridged? Those who have gone out will have brought us toward where we need to be, but we not only need to reach that point but we also need to create further room to bring others in. If we were able to do that based on DCs investment plus ticket cash alone then I’m sure we’d be in the market for players now but we clearly aren’t.

One things for sure is that if we didn’t have DC plus the high prices we would be worried about a hell of a lot more than FFP

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Yes I'm sure  jos said he would be shopping in the premiership loan market and it could be late deals back end of the transfer window 

Correct he did. Plus the loan window is open till the end of August.

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We’ve also lost Wallace, Loovens and Venancio from the pay roll

plus Kean, Hirst and possibly Clare.

1.6m for Hunt and surely 25/30k a week plus saving for them lot.

Just Fox, Jones, Matias (maybe), Rhodes and poss Winnall to go.

saving another 100k a week wages.

probably wont miss any of them either.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Except we lost 20 million last year which we can't afford to do this time around. So not all of those savings can be reinvested. In fact probably none of them can which is why we are waiting to get Rhodes off the books before we sign anyone.

As a rough estimate, I think we will need to cut costs by 50% or raise money by player sales. That’s if we lost 20m last year, just under 10 before that and we can lose 39m. 

Adding loans or whatever for every outgoing wouldn’t work, unless they were so heavily subsidised they are practically free.

22 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

As a rough estimate, I think we will need to cut costs by 50% or raise money by player sales. That’s if we lost 20m last year, just under 10 before that and we can lose 39m. 

Adding loans or whatever for every outgoing wouldn’t work, unless they were so heavily subsidised they are practically free.

Wasn't that the club losses though. Not the losses in regards to FFP.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

We're gonna be fine. Koumas, Lombardo, and Kit Symons are all limbering up for us. I'm told there's strong resolve to get the deals done this time. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We're gonna be fine. Koumas, Lombardo, and Kit Symons are all limbering up for us. I'm told there's strong resolve to get the deals done this time. 

Could have all played in that behind closed doors friendly. 

No one knows what went on do they.

lol