Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Official match day thread.

Just now, SiJ said:

I'm a bit perplexed as to why he's dropped Jones...who I'm pretty sure has been captaining the side in Loovens absence. 

Suppose we are still very much in the experimental phase. 

Can't see this being one for the neutrals. 

Think ultimately Jones is not a next season player due to age and Jos hoping that Pelupessy is a direct upgrade for the same role, or at least a similar role in the same part of the pitch.

1 minute ago, a_weishaupt said:

Lot of people suggesting Matias is injured, and whilst I don't know that he isn't I can't see the logic in saying "Boyd needs resting as he's not long back" but Matias has had far worse record in recent times.   In non recent times too!   He may need rest far more?

Matias is the Man City fall back deal if the Mahrez deal fails. Pep thinks their name is similar so nobody will notice. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

How can anyone get in the cults hall of fame with you lot

1 megson 

2 megson 

3 megson 

4 megson 

5 megson 

6  megson 

7 megson 

8 megson 

9 megson 

10 megson 

11 megson 

Manager .Gary megson :biggrin:

Stick Roland Nilsson and David Hirst in there and I like the look of that line up.

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

Why are some experts moaning at the line up ffs? The team we turned out against the pigs looked dire on paper. Did the job though. Give 'em a chance.

As for Loovens, he should get a roll in the backroom staff, served us well with the clean sheets records but younger fitter players available now. Could coach them easily.

Experts??? lol

3 minutes ago, trask43 said:

Its just so negative if carlos had picked a team like that he would have been slaughtered on here. With two defensive minded wingbacks who cant cross its hard to see where the goals are gonna come from.

Rhodes was decent enough in the last game and nuhiu has impressed recently seems harsh to drop them both to include butterfield.

How do you know it's so negative?

How deep will Palmer and Fox be? Will Butterfield be more advanced than under Carlos (apparently, where he is a better player)?

Is a 3-4-3 negative?

We have a new manager trying to turn the team around. 

We can discuss the selection, debate how we will line up, but to be so out and out rubbishing of the team before we've even kicked off is ridiculous.

One up front can easily be seen as negative.   However in the centre of that midfield you have players who won't stay static and will look to move forward both with the ball at their feet and to push forwards.

I'd expect Reach and Wallace to be in and around the box looking to support Joao expecting to receive a pass from behind, or a knock back from Joao.

It's what we've been asking for all season.

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

How do you know it's so negative?

How deep will Palmer and Fox be? Will Butterfield be more advanced than under Carlos (apparently, where he is a better player)?

Is a 3-4-3 negative?

We have a new manager trying to turn the team around. 

We can discuss the selection, debate how we will line up, but to be so out and out rubbishing of the team before we've even kicked off is ridiculous.

Jos was very well known in germany for his conservative approach. Palmer and fox could be playing either side of joao and it would still be negative. After joao reach is our most positive player and hes been a left back at times this season. Lets hope we win 5-0 but it looks very much like we are playing for a 0-0.