Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Official match day thread.

1 minute ago, trask43 said:

Jos was very well known in germany for his conservative approach. Palmer and fox could be playing either side of joao and it would still be negative. After joao reach is our most positive player and hes been a left back at times this season. Lets hope we win 5-0 but it looks very much like we are playing for a 0-0.

tbf I think most of us would take a point tonight. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Think Jos has got a starting line up wrong for the first time tonight.  Where are Matias and Loovens?  Why in the blue hell is Butterfield starting?  Joao up front on his own will struggle too.  Uphill battle this one I think!

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

tbf I think most of us would take a point tonight. 

Of course but after playing well against cardiff and dem blades both teams who have been much better than middlesborough this season it seems strange to go with only one striker against a team who have been largely poor at home this season. 

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

One thing that stands out for me is Jos has left Loovens out and picked the players in defence who have been performing well. Carlos would have dropped one of the three centrebacks to bring Loovens back .

And long may that continue.

Loovens hasn't been upto the job for long enough and I certainly wouldn't want him coaching his style into the youngsters, as has been suggested by others.

3 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

And long may that continue.

Loovens hasn't been upto the job for long enough and I certainly wouldn't want him coaching his style into the youngsters, as has been suggested by others.

Agreed.