Financial Fair Play

If its assessed over 3 years...

Then whatever we spent in Chansiri's first season, can be spent again next year? 

Bannan, Hooper, Forestieri, Joao, Matias, Lopez, Sasso, Hunt, Lachman, Pudil, Wallace, Melo, Sougou all came in....

So we've got a tidy sum to spend in the Summer.

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Then whatever we spent in Chansiri's first season, can be spent again next year? 

Bannan, Hooper, Forestieri, Joao, Matias, Lopez, Sasso, Hunt, Lachman, Pudil, Wallace, Melo, Sougou all came in....

I believe that transfer fees are distributed evenly over the duration of a player's contract when calculating these things, so a portion of the fees we paid for players such as Rhodes, van Aken, Abdi, Reach, Jones, etc... will already be earmarked in next season's budget, and will therefore eat into what we're able to spend on fees and wages for any incoming players.

I think we'll see at least one of our more valuable players sold in the summer in order to free up a bit of cash to allow Luhukay to reshape his squad.

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I hvnt got a clue how it works but that sounds very simple , you sure that's how it works ?..........so if you are say  40 million over your income after 3 years then because you spent 20 million of that in the 1st year it's written off and you can spend another 20 million in the next year .....if that's the case then whats the point of having the rule and how do clubs get punished .?......

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Sorry mate but only Just Visiting knows the true situation.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I believe that transfer fees are distributed evenly over the duration of a player's contract when calculating these things, so a portion of the fees we paid for players such as Rhodes, van Aken, Abdi, Reach, Jones, etc... will already be earmarked in next season's budget, and will therefore eat into what we're able to spend on fees and wages for any incoming players.

I think we'll see at least one of our more valuable players sold in the summer in order to free up a bit of cash to allow Luhukay to reshape his squad.

This is pretty much it. But don't forget just like last season we can offset the fees for players next season on to the following seasons aswell.

Will we sell a top player in the summer.? 

Only if it is right for the club. Chansiri don't sell our best players.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

This is pretty much it. But don't forget just like last season we can offset the fees for players next season on to the following seasons aswell.

Will we sell a top player in the summer.? 

Only if it is right for the club. Chansiri don't sell our best players.

Chansiri doesn't sell any chuffing players lol 

Bloke needs to know when to do so... apart from Wiggins I'm not sure any of Carlos' signings have ever been sold... which considering about 50% of them haven't improved the squad or matchday 18 is a damning indictment of Chansiri's policy and the lack of demand for the overpayed players we bought in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Bloke needs to know when to do so... apart from Wiggins I'm not sure any of Carlos' signings have ever been sold... which considering about 50% of them haven't improved the squad or matchday 18 is a damning indictment of Chansiri's policy and the lack of demand for the overpayed players we bought in. 

Jos seems to made of sturner stuff. think he will get players in he wants and money he needs and will have a major say in who he wants and don't want at the club.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

hopefully chansiri's policy on transfers is a thing of the past and jos will be the sole person to decide (within financial reason) who we can sign or sell . 

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Jos seems to made of sturner stuff. think he will get players in he wants and money he needs and will have a major say in who he wants and don't want at the club.

Agree, so far he has the measure of what he has to work with and quickly identified the right areas to strengthen. Think this has also been a learning curve for Chansiri and expect some significant movement in the summer, players leaving to allow Jos funds to improve the squad in mind of FFP. 

They were talking about FFP on the radio this morning last night and saying that with the latest and rumoured transfers teams like PSG Man U and Real are just disregarding it and seem to be getting away with it.