Financial Fair Play

8 hours ago, newbster said:

There is a lot of people who dont understand what ffp is or are confused by it..

If your one of those people please give the latest episode of the wednesday week or owls americas podcasts a listen some very useful info on there 

http://www.thewednesdayweek.co.uk/ffp-explained-tww-oa-special-edition/

This episode should be compulsory listening for all SWFC supporters.

• Like 1

trimming the wage bill will be difficult ,only Wallace,jones,pudil are out of contract in summer ,the really big earners are abdi 40k fletcher 40k fessi 45k Rhodes 50k as well as around 10 players on around 25k a week . look at derby they spent big like us ,it didn't get them up so they under rowett have had to sell before they could buy , they let will hughes go for 7 million ince 10-12 million and year before hendrick 10 million , I remember they couldn't afford to get winnall on loan without getting butterfields wages off there books till summer(what a joke) . and as with a lot of signings some parts of there transfer fees are spread out ,I think Rhodes fee was 8 million rising to 10 million if we got promoted and instalments paid over 3 years . so if we want a big squad change in summer we clearly have only 1 option that's selling assets , at min and that's only if we get them fit only fessi,bannan hooper  reach and winnall have any real transfer value. if we keep them then we can only get players out of contract in summer and loans to replace the 3 players whose contracts run out this summer , so the question is who out of those assets would u sell and for how much. 

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

trimming the wage bill will be difficult ,only Wallace,jones,pudil are out of contract in summer ,the really big earners are abdi 40k fletcher 40k fessi 45k Rhodes 50k as well as around 10 players on around 25k a week . look at derby they spent big like us ,it didn't get them up so they under rowett have had to sell before they could buy , they let will hughes go for 7 million ince 10-12 million and year before hendrick 10 million , I remember they couldn't afford to get winnall on loan without getting butterfields wages off there books till summer(what a joke) . and as with a lot of signings some parts of there transfer fees are spread out ,I think Rhodes fee was 8 million rising to 10 million if we got promoted and instalments paid over 3 years . so if we want a big squad change in summer we clearly have only 1 option that's selling assets , at min and that's only if we get them fit only fessi,bannan hooper  reach and winnall have any real transfer value. if we keep them then we can only get players out of contract in summer and loans to replace the 3 players whose contracts run out this summer , so the question is who out of those assets would u sell and for how much. 

Those are ridiculous numbers if true. That's £9m a year before we start, nearly half the total turnover of the entire club.

Hardly seen Abdi play, not too impressed with Fletcher considering his overall availability and although I think  FF and Rhodes are good players, they are not £45k and £50k good. IMO a reasonable wage ceiling of £30k should be more than sufficient for a Championship club in our situation with no parachute payments.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

This is pretty much it. But don't forget just like last season we can offset the fees for players next season on to the following seasons aswell.

Will we sell a top player in the summer.? 

Only if it is right for the club. Chansiri don't sell our best players.

I was told that Hooper was on his way for big money if he hadn't got injured.

46 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Where have you got those wage figures from?

10 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Where have you got those wage figures from?

He's made them up.

FFP is a joke whilst ever clubs are getting parachute payments, we can't spend but clubs who fail and get relegated get a huge cash bung giving them an unfair advantage. Taking a form of bond from a willing chairman would be a much fairer way of doing it.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Rhodes is on nowhere near 50K. 

33 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

He's made them up.

FFP is a joke whilst ever clubs are getting parachute payments, we can't spend but clubs who fail and get relegated get a huge cash bung giving them an unfair advantage. Taking a form of bond from a willing chairman would be a much fairer way of doing it.

FFP is a joke because as I said in my previous post. The big hitters appear to be totallly disregarding it

1 hour ago, striker said:

Those are ridiculous numbers if true. That's £9m a year before we start, nearly half the total turnover of the entire club.

Hardly seen Abdi play, not too impressed with Fletcher considering his overall availability and although I think  FF and Rhodes are good players, they are not £45k and £50k good. IMO a reasonable wage ceiling of £30k should be more than sufficient for a Championship club in our situation with no parachute payments.

If figures are to be believe Abdi cost us £4m in transfer fee and on only £30,000 a week he is costing another £1.5m a season so far he has cost us £6m or £300,000 a game for the 20 games he has played. He is one of many many transfer errors.

It does not matter if the fees are split over the contracts the Owls still lost £9.8m in 2015/16 season that's the year we got the extra revenue from the cup game against Arsenal and the play off final.

Last season we added Fletcher, Abdi, Rhodes, Jones, Reach, Winnall to the wage bill + the transfer fees paid even if these are over 3 or 4 years the losses will increase to close to £20m for the 2016/17 - account still not filed and due no later than February 2018.

FFP allows losses of £39m over 3 years, we have sold no one, and had less corporate income, less sponsorship income we have also given new deals to Westwood, Lees, Fessi and signed Van Aken and Boyd realistically we are looking at an embargo if we are lucky or at worse a fine. 

That's why a run in the cup could be a make or break for the team

Prize money 3rd round £67,500, 4th £90,000, 5th £180,000, Quarter £360,000 - getting past Reading and into the Quarters (i know Reading is 4th round), with a few home ties as well could net us a few million and if I am anywhere near above with my figures we are going to need it.

I predict before 31st January one of Bannan, Westwood, Lees, Fessi, Hooper will be sold to balance the books - I hope I am wrong.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

If figures are to be believe Abdi cost us £4m in transfer fee and on only £30,000 a week he is costing another £1.5m a season so far he has cost us £6m or £300,000 a game for the 20 games he has played. He is one of many many transfer errors.

It does not matter if the fees are split over the contracts the Owls still lost £9.8m in 2015/16 season that's the year we got the extra revenue from the cup game against Arsenal and the play off final.

Last season we added Fletcher, Abdi, Rhodes, Jones, Reach, Winnall to the wage bill + the transfer fees paid even if these are over 3 or 4 years the losses will increase to close to £20m for the 2016/17 - account still not filed and due no later than February 2018.

FFP allows losses of £39m over 3 years, we have sold no one, and had less corporate income, less sponsorship income we have also given new deals to Westwood, Lees, Fessi and signed Van Aken and Boyd realistically we are looking at an embargo if we are lucky or at worse a fine. 

That's why a run in the cup could be a make or break for the team

Prize money 3rd round £67,500, 4th £90,000, 5th £180,000, Quarter £360,000 - getting past Reading and into the Quarters (i know Reading is 4th round), with a few home ties as well could net us a few million and if I am anywhere near above with my figures we are going to need it.

I predict before 31st January one of Bannan, Westwood, Lees, Fessi, Hooper will be sold to balance the books - I hope I am wrong.

We have 18 months to meet FFP limits but , clearly, have to start now.

Any player with profit, gotta go.

Maybe one of Hoops, Westy, Lees, Bannon  - if fit.

Gotta generate dosh for Jos. 

Edited by fred mciver

4 hours ago, striker said:

believe it or not Rhodes took a pay cut to come here ,its down on record he was on 60k a week at middlesborough. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

I'm guessing these are numbers plucked out of thin air to make your point have more substance.

No-one outside of the player + agent  & chairman can know these numbers for certain.

60k a week he was on at middlesborough its my guess he will have took a 10k a week pay cut to come here with his contract been longer , its not difficult to know roughly what a players on ,when what a player earned at another club is disclosed , for instance fletcher was on 60k a week at sunderland so its been banded about that fletcher is on 40k a week for 4 years and he signed that contact a month before july 1st 2016 so it must have been good terms or he would have waited to see who would pay him the most , regards fessi again figures get banded about ,but seen that he was very upset at the  time once he found out what fletcher was on, he went on strike for the Norwich game , after that I'm sure he will have been put on at least 40-45k a week , lewis mccgugan was on 18k a week and that's before we started handing out all the players big pay increase and new contracts , we ended up paying mcgugan 18k a week for doing nothing cause we couldn't get any other club to pay his wages , we now have same problem with a number of our players ,the terms there on are that good that it wouldn't make financial sense for them to leave . a lot of supporters need to realise this will have a huge effect on what we can do for next 30 months. 

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

We have 18 months to meet FFP limits but , clearly, have to start now.

Any player with profit, gotta go.

Maybe one of Hoops, Westy, Lees, Bannon  - if fit.

Gotta generate dosh for Jos. 

I haven't listened to the other thread re FFP, I will do later but when I read up on it 18 months or so ago the rules where no more than £13m a season over 3 years or £39m in three season, that started the first season of DC which was 2015/16 and the account for that season showed a £9.8m loss, we have sold no players last season and added a lot to the wage bill, end of last year a few fringe players left but Semedo won't have been on more than £5k so last a season wage bill will be more or less the same as this year.

I not sure if this is definitely correct but if we don't let the FA know by the end of February 2018 where we are for this year and last they will impose an embargo until we provide the information. 

I think the next few weeks are going to be very important re FFP and with all the players injured selling a few of them is not really an option.

It is going to be very interest to see what happens, it is also very strange that the new season ticket prices have also not been released, could this be down to the performance of the team who knows.

54 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

60k a week he was on at middlesborough its my guess he will have took a 10k a week pay cut to come here with his contract been longer , its not difficult to know roughly what a players on ,when what a player earned at another club is disclosed , for instance fletcher was on 60k a week at sunderland so its been banded about that fletcher is on 40k a week for 4 years and he signed that contact a month before july 1st 2016 so it must have been good terms or he would have waited to see who would pay him the most , regards fessi again figures get banded about ,but seen that he was very upset at the  time once he found out what fletcher was on, he went on strike for the Norwich game , after that I'm sure he will have been put on at least 40-45k a week , lewis mccgugan was on 18k a week and that's before we started handing out all the players big pay increase and new contracts , we ended up paying mcgugan 18k a week for doing nothing cause we couldn't get any other club to pay his wages , we now have same problem with a number of our players ,the terms there on are that good that it wouldn't make financial sense for them to leave . a lot of supporters need to realise this will have a huge effect on what we can do for next 30 months. 

Sorry but your guess about Rhodes is wrong he's on nowhere near 50k a week.