Hirst To Meet The CEO?

6 hours ago, timrud said:

The club is bigger than any player

If GH wants to accept a fair offer by the club (if they are now prepared to make one?), great. If not, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Unless your name is Fernando Forestieri 

13 hours ago, BIG D said:

A caller on FH said that this was happening next week. 

Cant see if myself. 

She’s probably whispered in DC’s ear that if he sells him for peanuts and he then makes it big style, that it’s him that will look a complete plonker.

9 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

He must be on his phone without his glasses on whilst wearing welders gauntlets.:manager:

Ghjkliyb dtrvbnt dsaeb &$/€£ .

(Takes gauntlets off)

Piece off P155 Easty must be something wrong elsewhere?

lol can't be gloves ,I think he's probably wearing "Johnny Walkers" jacket whilst typing ...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Your house isn’t a liquid asset.

So you pretty much just blew your own post there.

i won’t labour on the part where you mentioned it needs to generate income in a previous post yet list stocks, gold and bonds in this.

Clearly you just typed liquid assets into google...but hey ho.

Obviously you need cash in between now and 60 too. That’s why I’m talking about 5m at 60 (whatever the equivalent is)

I’m pretty comfortable with my level of knowledge, thanks.

I can't even be bothered to explain this to you. The fact that you have listed bonds next to gold as non revenue generating tells me that this is a pointless conversation.

Good luck getting your £5m together.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I can't even be bothered to explain this to you. The fact that you have listed bonds next to gold as non revenue generating tells me that this is a pointless conversation.

Dude.

Try reading. 

You’ve got yourself in a reyt pickle in just three posts.

Hirsty should start by schmoozing her and buying her flowers, take her to dinner etc. 

Once his boy has that new contract, he can dump her, and leave her heartbroken.

It’d be a sad ending but we all know that there is no room for sentiment in football.

Edited by theowlsman

10 hours ago, jellybean said:

I think you have to read it twice and input your own full stops, commas and apostrophes.

And interpret certain words or just use different ones, then shut your eyes and move on.

11 hours ago, londonowl said:

I assume you are factoring inflation. You don't need £5m at today's prices. Also, it's a retirement why do your assets need to be 'liquid', surely they need to be revenue generating. The only people that need £5m in 'liquid assets' are drug dealers going on the lam to Brazil.

So so you say liquid assets aren’t revenue generating. I tell you they are

10 hours ago, londonowl said:

Erm...liquid assets. Cash or readily converted to cash. Cash, bank savings, stocks/shares, gilt bonds, gold, mutual funds.

That's about it mate. You have to be able to convert an asset into cash within a very very short time frame (days) without impacting it's value in order for it to be liquid.

The whole 'I'm going to need £5 million in 30 years' is a ridiculous statement. My house will be worth £5 million in 30 years at this rate so I'm all set. Might as well pack up work today.

Not having a dig mate but you really shouldn't be telling people they need to research stuff when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

You tell tell me a house is a liquid asset. I tell you it’s not and say the other things are potentially revenue generating 

24 minutes ago, londonowl said:

You think ive told you the assets aren’t revenue generating.

Then all of a sudden it’s a pointless convo

13 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I actually do not have any words to answer that.

Im not surprised you have no words after those disastrous 3 posts.

:ghoulguy::ghoulguy:

Edited by McRightSide

11 hours ago, David1867 said:

Players like Fletch, Rhodes, Forestieri etc obviously had a strong hand in negotiations, no issue with the wages they earn. I will even be in a minority in saying that they should be paid well. 

The issue I have is that over the past 2 years we have probably had over a dozen "first team" players simply not playing. Players that the club have signed/loaned and then simply not played. These players hold no value to the club. 

Yet we have a young lad, the best we have had in my lifetime, In terms of England caps and potential. The club turn down substantial offers for him and refuse to pay the wages or come to an agreement. 

The whole thing stinks to be fair. The stance of the club is nothing short of pathetic and spiteful. If they have/had problems in coming to an agreement with Hirst, why not sell him and take the cash. 

Letting him rot doesn't do anyone any favours. 

Signing Fletcher still baffles the fizz out of me. 

We didn't need him at all, absolute waste of money add to the fact I hear he's at the centre of any dressing room discontent.....with BB, RW and GH all good pals.

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So so you say liquid assets aren’t revenue generating. I tell you they are

You tell tell me a house is a liquid asset. I tell you it’s not and say the other things are potentially revenue generating 

You think ive told you the assets aren’t revenue generating.

Then all of a sudden it’s a pointless convo

Im not surprised you have no words after those disastrous 3 posts.

:ghoulguy::ghoulguy:

3 hours ago, David1867 said:

Unless your name is Fernando Forestieri 

Are you seriously comparing George Hirst to FF?

Obviously FF should not have refused to play but... badly advised,head turned,our most effective player re goals /assists (last two years) - look how this year is going without him etc etc

54 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Are you seriously comparing George Hirst to FF?

Obviously FF should not have refused to play but... badly advised,head turned,our most effective player re goals /assists (last two years) - look how this year is going without him etc etc

Comparing Hirst to FF lol

Read what I said. 

I took from what you said that your view was that whilst in principle the club should not be held to ransom (i.e. the club is bigger than any player), effectively it was by FF. I get that, but in my opinion we did the right thing by retaining our most effective player (even if he behaved unscrupulously). Is your view that we should do the same for Hirst? Genuinely interested...

For what its worth I would prefer we kept Hirst and given that we have wasted much bigger sums of money on players who have done little for the club recently not sure it would really be costing that much but it would be a gamble .