Hirst To Meet The CEO?

Tbh a my opinion means poop his that balance between getting as much as can been a prospect but also been given change let's face it he where ever he goes he won't be first team and farmed out to develop which is right difference seems other take risk reward stance we won't be again think it's more political than  sense 

Is this basically just 7 pages on the basis of one of those ITK guys like we get on here phoning Radio Sheffield up then? or does it have more beef to it than that? :ph34r:

As we may be getting a little too hopeful and a tad carried away over the possibility that it's complete and utter bull bum waste, although i would love us to hang onto the kid if he's willing to get on with it.

Edited by steveger

4 minutes ago, benitocarbonara said:

Tbh a my opinion means poop his that balance between getting as much as can been a prospect but also been given change let's face it he where ever he goes he won't be first team and farmed out to develop which is right difference seems other take risk reward stance we won't be again think it's more political than  sense 

Sorry, didn’t catch any of that.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, steveger said:

Is this basically just 7 pages on the basis of one of those ITK guys like we get on here phoning Radio Sheffield up then? or does it have more beef to it than that? :ph34r:

As we may be getting a little too hopeful and a tad carried away over the possibility that it's complete and utter bull bum waste, although i would love us to hang onto the kid if he's willing to get on with it.

I think you’re missing the point. He’s ITK innit.

31 minutes ago, David1867 said:

You're missing my point mate. I'm not complaining about any players wages. Any player that makes it as a pro footballer should be paid well. 

Im more complaining that the club is prepared to pay good wages to players who were never in the managers plans and players who are simply not good enough but can't/won't come to an agreement with the most promising prospect we have ever had. 

your complaining that we pay good money to someone who isn't in the managers plans and yet complain that we should pay good money to someone who wasn't  in the managers plans   ...........it's crazy to blame anyone for this situation , we've made him an offer ,he turned it down coz he thinks/knows he can get better somewhere else . for all we know we could have offered 20 k a week or maybe 2k(who knows?) but someone else  wants him and if they are in the prem they'll top whatever we offer that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, londonowl said:

I assume you are factoring inflation. You don't need £5m at today's prices. Also, it's a retirement why do your assets need to be 'liquid', surely they need to be revenue generating. The only people that need £5m in 'liquid assets' are drug dealers going on the lam to Brazil.

Thats why I mentioned my age.

I think you need to research liquid assets.

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

your complaining that we pay good money to someone who isn't in the managers plans and yet complain that we should pay good money to someone who wasn't  in the managers plans   ...........it's crazy to blame anyone for this situation , we've made him an offer ,he turned it down coz he thinks/knows he can get better somewhere else . for all we know we could have offered 20 k a week or maybe 2k(who knows?) but someone else  wants him and if they are in the prem they'll top whatever we offer that's for sure. 

You have missed my point. 

27 minutes ago, benitocarbonara said:

Darn it my universal translator is on the blink again!

1 hour ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

From a Wednesday perspective, assume someone like bannan earns something like 20k a week and it becomes obvious a demand of 15k a week is lunacy. From the perspective of a Chelsea, a man City or recently an Everton, 15k a week is a pittance as these players will get loaned out until they're decent or released. We can't compete with these sort of wages and to be honest, not a lot of clubs can, hence the downsizing of more academies in the professional game

I heard from someone that Bannan is not actually one of the highest earners.

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thats why I mentioned my age.

I think you need to research liquid assets.

Erm...liquid assets. Cash or readily converted to cash. Cash, bank savings, stocks/shares, gilt bonds, gold, mutual funds.

That's about it mate. You have to be able to convert an asset into cash within a very very short time frame (days) without impacting it's value in order for it to be liquid.

The whole 'I'm going to need £5 million in 30 years' is a ridiculous statement. My house will be worth £5 million in 30 years at this rate so I'm all set. Might as well pack up work today.

Not having a dig mate but you really shouldn't be telling people they need to research stuff when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

23 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Erm...liquid assets. Cash or readily converted to cash. Cash, bank savings, stocks/shares, gilt bonds, gold, mutual funds.

That's about it mate. You have to be able to convert an asset into cash within a very very short time frame (days) without impacting it's value in order for it to be liquid.

The whole 'I'm going to need £5 million in 30 years' is a ridiculous statement. My house will be worth £5 million in 30 years at this rate so I'm all set. Might as well pack up work today.

Not having a dig mate but you really shouldn't be telling people they need to research stuff when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Your house isn’t a liquid asset.

So you pretty much just blew your own post there.

i won’t labour on the part where you mentioned it needs to generate income in a previous post yet list stocks, gold and bonds in this.

Clearly you just typed liquid assets into google...but hey ho.

Obviously you need cash in between now and 60 too. That’s why I’m talking about 5m at 60 (whatever the equivalent is)

I’m pretty comfortable with my level of knowledge, thanks.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Haha 1

Guest timrud

The club is bigger than any player

If GH wants to accept a fair offer by the club (if they are now prepared to make one?), great. If not, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

9 hours ago, MuddyFunkster said:

I'm certainly prepared to give the new CEO and manager time to impress. If she can't tie Hirst down it certainly won't be her fault as the damage had already been done.

My first reaction was to chuck my toys out of my cot when the new CEO came along, but again, after reading many of the far more considered posts than mine, I realised I have to give

anyone time to actually do their job. Maybe the dynamics were different at Charlton.

The whole past threes years have been a waste, we have to build again. And few of us know exactly what's going on with Hirst Junior and Senior.

Let's hope something can be sorted out either way. Either he plays or just leaves. The whole situation is harmful to the club.

I'd love her to kick arse here and not put up with the sheite that has obviously been flying around.

Edited by quinnssweetshop