Sheffield Wednesday Press Conference - LIVE NOW

The only thing I have a suspicion about with everything Bully has said so far, is when he talked about the teams general fitness - saying is was a load of crap that fitness is below par.

For me it does look below par, which I suspect is the main reason for the mass injuries we currently have.

Unfortunately fitness takes time to build and with so many players out, whoever ends up as manager, he will have to contend with a reduced choice of relatively out of condition players 

We should be keeping Lee Bullen at all costs in some capacity. He’s a Wednesday boy and there aren’t many about. He’s not the leader we need, but he plays a vital role supporting them and helping them learn about Wednesday.

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Agree with that

Centre backs are hardly the greatest on the ball so get em under pressure and see if we can make them make mistakes

Carlos trained the strikers not to do that though as he wanted them less tired for the myriad of chances and opportunities we'd give them in games to score loads of goals

He did in that first season and then who knows what happened - he must have read a book on chess or something

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Jack Hunt out 5 or 6 days

Transfer window will be loan players due to FFP

There's nothing better at the club than to have local lads come through the system, break into the first team 

Your last sentence is the most interesting to me. We all agree with Bullens sentiment on young local breaking through and possibily this was a hit on DC and his stance on Hirst.

It should be a priority of new CEO to sort the Hirst situation (in the clubs favour). She could be seen by the Hirst/Doyen camp as a new broom,a sort of neutral with no past involvement in discussions . DC will still have final say, but she could be the catalyst to better dialogue. We can only hope.

10 minutes ago, Kalamunda said:

We should be keeping Lee Bullen at all costs in some capacity. He’s a Wednesday boy and there aren’t many about. He’s not the leader we need, but he plays a vital role supporting them and helping them learn about Wednesday.

Why are people obsessed with this sort of thing?

He is the fitness coach and so far the players have been the most unfit set ofshits ive seen here for decades co considering some are on well over 30k per week is totally unacceptable.

Bully might talk the talk ...i could too because im wednesday too but facts are facts...he recently said that it was a load of crap that the players were unfit...the guys not up to it .

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

He is the fitness coach and so far the players have been the most unfit set ofshits ive seen here for decades co considering some are on well over 30k per week is totally unacceptable.

Bully might talk the talk ...i could too because im wednesday too but facts are facts...he recently said that it was a load of crap that the players were unfit...the guys not up to it .

Not obsessed, just concerned that we need at least one person with some history at the club. 

15 minutes ago, Kalamunda said:

Has he? How would you know?

i don’t get this “if you speak from the heart you need to be at this club” nonsense.

you could get any of thousands of Wednesday fans who’d say the exact same thing, get them on the coaching set up too? 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Has he? How would you know?

i don’t get this “if you speak from the heart you need to be at this club” nonsense.

you could get any of thousands of Wednesday fans who’d say the exact same thing, get them on the coaching set up too? 

Yes of course you could, especially the former professional footballers and those with coaching badges... thousands of them. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

God knows

Never known a club with it's entire first team all unavailable at once 

It's very strange

When I was recovering from my ACL replacement Alan Smith had me in the gym and at one point we had Ian Knight and 7 others injured...that's the worse I've known it

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

When I was recovering from my ACL replacement Alan Smith had me in the gym and at one point we had Ian Knight and 7 others injured...that's the worse I've known it

yeah exactly

We've had some bad injury lists over the years but never had the entire first team all unavailable

I liked Alan Smith a lot. True gent

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Since when has he been the fitness coach?

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah exactly

We've had some bad injury lists over the years but never had the entire first team all unavailable

I liked Alan Smith a lot. True gent

He was brilliant with me...mind you Ian Knight always came across and asked how I was going on and he had that horrible cage on his shattered leg.