Sheffield Wednesday Press Conference - LIVE NOW

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

He was brilliant with me...mind you Ian Knight always came across and asked how I was going on and he had that horrible cage on his shattered leg.

Ah man

I can still remember the noise when he had his leg shattered

Came just as the crowd was quiet 

Horrific

Owlstalk Shop

Fitness is definitely a problem no matter what Bullen says. Given that we've not played at a high tempo, with our sleep-inducing slow build ups, I don't understand why other teams all seem to have more energy if it isn't a question of fitness.

If we are not getting the fitness right it might also indicate the whole way of training should be reviewed considering the injury situation. We have a new medical team so I can't believe it's all down to them.

It’s refreshing to hear honest assessments for a change instead of waffle. And it’s not just a mother game it’s a derby!!!!!!. I don’t think Bullen was utilised by Carlos. It seems he paid more attention to his Portuguese coaches. And all of them have left leaving 2 coaching staff. No wonder we are struggling. But it’s the wednesday way. Everyone trying to pull together. We the fans should do the same. I don’t think Bullen is the man for the job long term. Just hope he can get a couple of wins and get some very needed positivity around the place 

2 hours ago, Animis said:

players admit thing have slackened since CC left - maybe this always happens but it's not good to hear.

That doesn't ALWAYS happen...What happened to that "Dead cat bounce" wotsit..We only had Forest FFS!...How far offa the floor was the "Dead Cat" FFS!

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's been said for many years

Also the depth of the training ground pitches

It's been discussed by previous managers and coaches before loads

The we gotta go.

A new training complex 'll be cheaper than this disaster.

We should set up a page again to identify suitable sites, min 20 acres.

I'm going old Norton aerodrome - and cheap as near Green Belt.

44 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

According to Chris Turner, the fitness problem relates to Middlewood being 'too hard'.

You don't hear much when you're winning though (Waddle etc always fit).

Chris Turner as in ex manager Chris Turner?

10 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Chris Turner as in ex manager Chris Turner?

Yes, said on Radio Sheffield that he had same problem when he was in charge  and made his concerns known.

Wonder if Lee Staff was also told.

Anyway, Middlewood's way too small - Everton's new complex is about 10 times size of our  training ground.

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Yes, said on Radio Sheffield that he had same problem when he was in charge  and made his concerns known.

Wonder if Lee Staff was also told.

Anyway, Middlewood's way too small - Everton's new complex is about 10 times size of our  training ground.

I agree about the training facilities but every time we’ve looked to move it has been shelved.

I don’t have any reason to doubt Chris Turner and he’s a nice enough bloke away from football.